What sort of forum participant are you?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Question

Approximately what percentage of other posters comments in the threads that you post in do you actually take time to read?

Be honest

For me it's probably about 50% and only because I don't have enough time to read all the comments pertaining to the threads that I participate in.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I read them all.

I really do.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux

cbaker2882

I golf occasionally
Reaction score
Handicap
I try to read as many as possible. Most of the time it's all of them, unless the thread moves really fast and then I might miss a couple. I like to be involved in threads more than just passively posting in them.

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
If it's a fresh thread I read them all. If I stumble onto something that's 6 pages long I skim unless a piece of equipment I'm interested in or coverage of a THP event I'm catching up on.

kb1042

#TeamCobra
Reaction score
Handicap
I try to participate as much as possible. I probly could do a better job of interacting with other people tho.
I definetly read a lot and most new fresh posts because I like learning new things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
I read a lot.

I don't think I have read many in the houckey threads.
I read a lot as well. Not all but a good chunk everything in new threads.

You're missing out on the hockey thread.

jim54

must be the shafts
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I read a lot more than I post, skip around and check all sorts of different things. The old man always told me, if you can't add something worthwhile stay quiet and you might learn something.

Might not translate well to being an active forum member (at least by post count) but I am here most everyday at some point.

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Depends on my time. If I busy, I'll skim a lot. My summers are like this.
Winter I have a little more so I'll read the topics that interest me. I'd say I tend to follow 20% of the threads on here closely. I like the review threads. I also enjoy the swing help threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamfist

I fluff my gimmies.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
If I start a thread, I read evey post until it dies.

O'Carroll

O'verrated
Reaction score
Handicap
Fat Calves
I find myself skimming more and more. Work is busy, life is busy, and there are certain times that I pick up my phone, try to get caught up in a thread, and an hour later I make one post and go to bed.

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I read a lot, but don't really respond to as much of it as I used to. No real reason for that, just busy I guess. Not a day goes by that I don't pop in and jump around on a few topics.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a lot like you all. If I'm interested/vested in a thread I'll read all the posts. A lot of time I'll read, but don't have anything to add that's "worth it" in my opinion, so I won't add to it. Sometimes I'll go days without posting, others times I'll post a few dozen times a day. It really depends on work and how busy I am, as I don't post a lot at home as that's my time with my wife and kids.

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
I do a lot of skimming. However, if the thread really speaks to me, then I read them all. And comment where I feel it's warranted. I use to be a lot different. Just post to post when I first joined. THP has helped me see the light. Example: Zipity doo da day...

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I read a lot, but don't really respond to as much of it as I used to. No real reason for that, just busy I guess. Not a day goes by that I don't pop in and jump around on a few topics.
I like it better when you respond, JakeNation.

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
I read most of all I start but I can't tell you a percentage. I enjoy reading them!

Clutch42

Happy to be here!
Reaction score
Handicap
14.6 usga
I try to read all that I post in, but sometimes I will skim through a long thread if I get in on the tail end of the discussion.

greg19

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
I read a lot but certainly not all. I try and add information when I feel I can contribute.

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
Depends on the thread for me. I don't read everything in the Banter/Happy/Rant threads, I tend to read the event threads more than I post in them, and I probably read a solid 90% percent of the posts in an equipment preview/review thread - depending if its on topic or not.

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I try to read all posts in subjects I comment in and feel are of more value. Small talk subjects I tend to skim. But also depends on how loooong a thread is if it had gone unnoticed by me. Its a lot to come in late to a long thread and read everything. Fortunately (or unfortunately to some) I tend to have been in some looong threads and posts and even leave some looong posts myself.

mikeg_74

B.T.S
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I read a lot & admittedly skip over some of the topics that I have little to no interest in or topics where blatant trolling is happening. I rather not waste my time with that sort of stuff.

EaglevsFalcon

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
It depends on how interesting the posts are. I lose focus quickly. Some I read them all, others I dont get 5 posts deep.

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
It varies by thread. There are several types of threads that become a bunch of short responses (eg, congratulations, happy birthday, and others) which I just skim. Most other types of threads I read a vast majority, if not all, of the responses.

Cool Hand

Reaction score
What sort of forum participant are you?

I read pretty much every thread not playing, but I won't post unless I feel I can contribute to the thread and help what is being asked.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in