I haven’t played all that many. I’m answering on the presumption that I would be able to play the most private of private courses. That said, I pick GA.

I haven’t played all that many. I’m answering on the presumption that I would be able to play the most private of private courses. That said, I pick GA.

If you have connections I am sure you could. Outside of that, it would be a state that you want to go play in. Without those connections, there are still some fantastic courses in the state.

Probably North Carolina or Georgia. I love that "Masters-esque" look.

If you are a traveling golfer, you have explored courses that look great and wonder when you will get there. What state do you want to play in, but haven't yet had the opportunity?

For use of the thread, we will use the contiguous 48 states.
I would have said Arizona because I've always enjoyed seeing pictures from there, but for reasons that are obvious I'll just lead with Utah.

I would have said Arizona because I've always enjoyed seeing pictures from there, but for reasons that are obvious I'll just lead with Utah.
What a cop out :greenalien:

Funny I am from Wisconsin originally but never got to golf there outside of my hometown. So would love to hit up some of the nicer courses there now.

Colorado, maybe northern New Mexico. Mountain golf FTW.

Utah might be pretty cool too.

I want to play so many it makes picking one hard, but if I had to list a few I would say Oregon, Arizona, Utah.

I was very close many years ago playing in AZ for a few days, but we changed it to FL instead. So I would enjoy another chance at playing in AZ.

West "coast" desert , or mountains in Midwest(?)

Forest golf here in NJ is gorgeous but damn l, I always seem to hit the 10% of the tree that isn't air

California/Oregon for me, I've played quite a few courses along the coastal waters of the East, would love to play some along the Pacific.

Wisconsin and Michigan

Somewhere out west in the 4 corner states. Colorado or Utah are #1a and b, but AZ and NM are right there with them.

Mountain golf in Colorado or Montana, Coastal golf in Oregon.

I was mistaken in my mention of Rhode Island. It was Delaware I was told has some great golf. Not someplace I ever think of but wanted to mention it.

Arizona

Arizona...so many great courses and I actually really enjoy desert golf!

States I've played:
AZ
SC
GA
VA
CA
FL
NC
NY

The problem is that most of what draws me to this or that state is destination golf, but actually golfing there is more likely to be public courses. I'm gonna say Wisconsin for its combination of beer, destination golf (Whistling Straits and Erin Hills) and what I've heard is a great selection of public courses at reasonable prices.

Back