What swing move gives you the most trouble?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As my play becomes less frequent I'm noticing I am struggling to keep my plane on track, my subtle over the top move has become more pronounced and I'm losing my consistency in predicting ball flight and direction. Swing plane has always been a struggle for me, I just wish I had the time to focus on it and fix it.

What swing move gives you the most trouble?

cast. it's been there since day 1 and no matter how hard i work i cannot get rid of it.

Shortening the takeaway or standing closer to the ball. Always result in a rocket to the right

2 fold.

1. The ol back shoulder drop
2. The flip/delofting of the club at impact

One piece takeaway. I have a tendency to break my wrists early and I can get pretty steep.

About twice a round I will just pull it hard left off the tee. :banghead:

Casting. Trusting that your body rotation will square the clubface at impact is something I continuously struggle with.

Clearing the hips on the downswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taking too long of a swing. That is a DEATH move for me.

Getting in a hurry on backswing/at the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cast. it's been there since day 1 and no matter how hard i work i cannot get rid of it.

This for me too. I struggle soooo bad with it.

Probably hand path, especially on the down swing. Letting them move towards the ball even slightly causes just about all of my problems that show up from time to time - early extension, high right shoulder, early release, and a path that is too in-to-out. All of which tend to result in blocks or flip hooks.

Proper sequence and tempo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm like you and have trouble staying on plane anyway, any time away from the game only makes it worse.

I too suffered from the over-the-top swing, but with lessons I have got it to a point where I am pretty neutral now, but as soon as I take any length of time off it creeps back in

Very obvious when it happens as I go from hitting draws when playing regularly, to hitting fades when not playing as often to keep the swing grooved enough

Casting is not inherently bad in my opinion, in fact I think accelerating the clubhead at the top of the swing can help with blocks and fat shots.

This for me too. I struggle soooo bad with it.

mine is so ingrained in my move freddie basically told me to just live with it. trying to fix it isn't really worth it. i hit the ball far enough and get good spin. it's just a matter of owning it and grooving it.

Not swaying is my biggest focus right now. Always want to load up on the back leg and end up moving my body back past my right foot.

This is like going to my favorite performers concert. They play a song and I think...oh, this is my favorite. Then they play another and I think...no no, THIS is my favorite. And I do this about 10 times. When I read your post I think...oh yeah that is it for me, and then I read the next, and the next, and have done them all :).

I guess the one that has cost me the most strokes through the years is getting my hands inside and too far behind me. If the timing is perfect you can smoke a draw but if it gets a little quick under pressure you can still smoke it...but too often you smoke a hard draw/hook that has left me OB off the tee.

Casting has always been my issue and probably always will be.

A flat swing plane, the less I play, the worse it gets. I have constantly work on getting the club vertical in the backswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From time to time, I get too flat and don't make a full shoulder turn on the backswing. Seems to usually happen when I have it in my head that I need to gain some distance. Let's just say it's counterproductive.

Getting way in front and causing the club head to come through wide open

The move from the takeaway to the follow thru. Otherwise I'm golden.

All of them.

Back