What technology do you want to see in golf 20 years from now

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
If A/R is really going to catch on in the next 15-20 years. I want glasses with built in top tracer. Discuss.

I just want to be alive in 20 years to see it, whatever it is

Hover Carts!

Flying golf buggy.

Life is too short. I dont want to think 20 years from now cause I will then be that much older and most likely a number of folks close to me will be gone so I will just enjoy the present time :) Thankyou but just wanted to throw that out there.

I think chipped balls findable with a phone app will be standard in 5-10 years... even though ball manufacturers have no incentive to make it so. We'll all pay more for balls but won't spend quite so much time looking for them.

I think chipped balls findable with a phone app will be standard in 5-10 years... even though ball manufacturers have no incentive to make it so. We'll all pay more for balls but won't spend quite so much time looking for them.
I agree with that. i actually think its already there (just think topgolf),...but who (ball company wise) is ever going to want no ball to ever be lost.? lets not forget the used/found ball sales companies too.

I think flagsticks will have chips in them that will tell your watch exactly where the hole is even if you can’t see the green.

If A/R is really going to catch on in the next 15-20 years. I want glasses with built in top tracer. Discuss.
Yep, with a GPS ball and the glasses would overlay a marker showing you where your ball is. That would be awesome.

I agree with that. i actually think its already there (just think topgolf),...but who (ball company wise) is ever going to want no ball to ever be lost.? lets not forget the used/found ball sales companies too.

There will always be lost balls. Whether sent hurtling into the aquatic regions of the course, or wildly out of bounds, tech can't cure that. But I do know we've all lost innumerable balls even on what we felt were decent shots. You spend the obligatory 2 minutes looking for it, then in the interest of not slowing pace of play, you pull out a new one and drop it. Those are the ones that drive me crazy, and there's no reason why tech can't solve that problem. All it's going to take is one major company solving it and the others will be forced to follow suit. You can't stop progress ;)

all equipment to feel softer and be easier to play - and for clubs to deploy drones that give warnings to slow players.

Would be nice to see pins with chips so you know exact distance from your phone.

Would be nice to see pins with chips so you know exact distance from your phone.
I'm honestly surprised we don't have this now. The tech is already there. Just a matter of golf courses spending the money on it.

I think flagsticks will have chips in them that will tell your watch exactly where the hole is even if you can’t see the green.

Usable in comps though? I know you can use a laser, but you’re still open to misreading a laser.

Whatever may best aid a 73 year old, because that's what I'd be.

I want to see Skytracks on the carts so you can always find your ball. That or balls with RFID chips in them!!

Something that actually will help course rangers monitor a group's pace of play so that they can take action, rather than relying on other golfers calling into the pro shop.

Either that, or something that will show other groups your pace of play so they can see that your group isn't the one holding everything up.

There will always be lost balls. Whether sent hurtling into the aquatic regions of the course, or wildly out of bounds, tech can't cure that. But I do know we've all lost innumerable balls even on what we felt were decent shots. You spend the obligatory 2 minutes looking for it, then in the interest of not slowing pace of play, you pull out a new one and drop it. Those are the ones that drive me crazy, and there's no reason why tech can't solve that problem. All it's going to take is one major company solving it and the others will be forced to follow suit. You can't stop progress ;)
I dont disagree with "most" anything said except to say that given todays modern world of science tech there is one side of me that is perhaps a tad surprised we have not already been using this by now.
As for the bold part? Certainly what a pace saver such a device would be and fwiw I wish everyone would never spend more than that. Id even suggest it be one minute. But thats another topic...lol

need some tech that severely punishes the moron superintendents who place pins in ridiculous positions .... slows play and diminishes the fun for everyone but the superintendent

Will we ever have one single iron with a quick adjustable head that takes the place of several? I mean you want a 9 iron you click the head a spot, then next time you need a 7 you click it back two spots...etc. With adjustable drivers it makes me thing one iron might just click in to whatever number you want. Ok so for the shaft length perhaps we have 3 irons ....one being a gw, pw,9, then another being our 8,7,6 and yet a third being our 5,4 whatever the case. Or for the one lentgh concept just the one that clicks into about 6b or 7 different lofts. Whatever the case, point being no need for so many clubs is the idea. And one heck of a less expensive set. IDK :confused2:just a fun idea Ive had for a long time:)

Back