What technology do you want to see in golf 20 years from now

Since I will be 81 I want a Driver that gives me 20 more yards and irons that are more forgiving and longer yet still look good, oh wait that happens every release does it not?

I want glasses that show me the break of the green and give me a suggested putting line... just like in Tiger Woods video games.

I want a drone that follows me and answers all of my questions...
Where's my ball!
"It's over there 2 yards to the right!"
What's the distance to the pin?
"You are 127 yards away from the pin."
What club should I hit?
"The wind is 5 MPH coming from the left towards you. Your average swing with your 8 iron should work."

I want club grips that I can put on and remove in seconds. If I want red, I want red grips on in seconds. If I don't want red on the 3rd hole and instead want blue, I want them replaced in seconds.

I want club shafts that are super techy and made of more than just graphite. I want them to tell me my pulse rate, weight, height, blood type, and everything else about me just because they're going to be THAT smart!

I want a phone with built-in radar, cameras, and apps that give me the best launch monitor possible. From the cubby hole on the cart. Or it'll use my drone.

I want my drone to follow my every shot to show me where my ball went.

I sincerely hope that I am still playing in 20 years.

Might as well hope for a portable Iron Byron to hit my shots for me.

A rocket-propelled driver.

All joking aside, I genuinely saw a video on social media this week of a guy who had fitted an explosive charge into the face of a driver - if I can find it I'll stick it up....

All joking aside, I genuinely saw a video on social media this week of a guy who had fitted an explosive charge into the face of a driver - if I can find it I'll stick it up....

I once read an essay by David Feherty where he wrote about a driver with a spring loaded face that was invented back in the 1890's! This prompted an editor of Golf Magazine back then to ask, "What's next? Drivers with dynamite caps behind the face?!"

I suspect you are referring to EZee Golf. Watch here.

At 65 it does not matter to me.

I suspect you are referring to EZee Golf. Watch here.
Fraid not, is was a guy who drilled out the face of the driver and had a blank round installed. Ball speed was off the charts when he eventually got it to work, and blew the whole head apart 😂

Back