What tee shot makes you the most nervous?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
When you are teeing off, what shot makes you the most nervous? Gotta say, anything over water or with water in play is the absolute worst for me

Anything with a long forced carry (water or a waste area) - but water is #1. Water on the left is bad too, because my default miss is a hook - especially when there's water left!

On a day when I'm not hitting driver well, every tee shot makes me nervous. During his slump, Jordan Spieth said in an interview, "You have no idea what it's like to stand on the tee box and have no idea where your drive is going to go". I shouted at the TV, "Oh yes I do!" :LOL:

Tight drives that are into the wind.

Nothing, except a 190+ par 3. Not my most accurate/confident distance.

As a life long hooker, the left OB or water makes me tighten up a bit. Better the last few years tho.

All of them.
😢

The forced carry if it's close to my driver carry distance. Or the 12th hole at my home course.

Anything with water. My ball will find a puddle on a dry hole...that's how horrible I am with water. 🤣 zero exaggeration.

When there’s a severe bank on the right side of the fairway or green

When the best play is a big draw, but a BIG draw gets you in serious trouble. #overcooked

Forced carry over water or a dogleg left. On a dogleg left I can almost guarentee I will have a long 2nd shot..

Narrow, tree lined fairway.

Trouble left or right when its one of those days where I don't know where my ball is going.

OB right

I'm most nervous on the tee after I've had a good score on the previous hole. It's as if the golf gods are going to take one back on me.

I'm most nervous on the tee after I've had a good score on the previous hole. It's as if the golf gods are going to take one back on me.
We call it PBFU (Post-birdie...well, you know the rest).

An "easy tee shot". Those seem to be the ones I perform the worse on.

During horse race before one of the tournaments we play. Tee shot with 20 or more people on tee watching.

Water on both sides of the fairway ergo no opportunity to aim away from trouble

Back