What the hell is wrong with Parents these days?

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
I just got done reading this http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120815/NEWS0107/308150032 and I am so disgusted with our society. They said they did it because they were BORED, not trying to rob him, he didn't yell at them to get off him lawn, they just attacked him without provocation because they were bored.

What are people doing instead of raising their kids? How can you be so oblivious to your child as to not notice signs that you have a sociopath under your roof?

One thing pops into my head:

WTF????????

You decide to beat a man within an inch of his life because you were bored?

The trick to living near Cincinnati is going nowhere inside the 275 belt..

North College Hill is definitely trouble. Among a ton of other areas. It's sad, but this type of news doesn't surprise me.

This is absolutely unreal, I am in shock right now

"Two of the suspects are 13-year-old twins. Their mother, Latasha Alford, 32, said that while not excusing her sons’ actions, they did feel peer pressure to go along with the other boys."

Really? I dont think I would feel peer pressure to beat a dude with beer cans and kick and punch him repeatedly

As awful as this story is, I just read the headline because my browser shut the site down because of a bae security certificate, I don't blame the parents. I think that is directing the blame towards the wrong place.

I blame video games and heavy metal rock music...........(I kid)

Wow, when we were bored as kids we'd go into the desert and through dirt at each other. . .WTC is wrong with the kids? What concerns me is what else could they have done if they were "bored."

What did the parents do?

Without knowing the parents provoked this or could have prevented it and didn't, how can you say that? Some kids are a result of how they were raised and others not.

5 of the 6 kids could be great kids coming from families that discipline their children and teach them how to be good people, but one in the group could cause the others this way strictly from peer pressure. I could go on and am not saying the parents are not a factor, just saying that you can't just to the conclusion it was the parents fault without reading more.

The trick to living near Cincinnati is going nowhere inside the 275 belt..

North College Hill is definitely trouble. Among a ton of other areas. It's sad, but this type of news doesn't surprise me.

no joke, I dont go south of golf galaxy...EVER

Feel bad for the guy, unreal kids have to be this way nowadays

What did the parents do?

Without knowing the parents provoked this or could have prevented it and didn't, how can you say that? Some kids are a result of how they were raised and others not.

5 of the 6 kids could be great kids coming from families that discipline their children and teach them how to be good people, but one in the group could cause the others this way strictly from peer pressure. I could go on and am not saying the parents are not a factor, just saying that you can't just to the conclusion it was the parents fault without reading more.

YEah I don't think it's the parents fault,

this is ridiculous. . .in my city if the idiot kids skip school-even though the parents take them everyday-and the kids always escape to run around the parents get arrested for child abuse/neglect . . .even though they took them to school everyday sometimes it's not the parents just the kids

Some parents suck. Some don't. Terrible things happen to people every day. It's sad that it exists.

I don't buy the "peer pressure" bit. If a kid is bad, a kid is bad.

I dont think its just the parents. Kids will be kids. at 13 and 14 they have started to make their own decisions.

Me neither. I've felt plenty of peer pressure and caved into a lot of it, but there's a place where one needs to draw the line.

I used to be vehemently against this, not so much anymore...some are just wired to behave that way (i.e. sociopath). Parents do have a role in behavior of children, but like TC said, some parents suck, some don't, and still sometimes their children end up doing terrible things. Its a sad part of society.

I used to be vehemently against this, not so much anymore...some are just wired to behave that way (i.e. sociopath). Parents do have a role in behavior of children, but like TC said, some parents suck, some don't, and still sometimes their children end up doing terrible things. Its a sad part of society.

Kids are a product of their environment.

This kinda crap is exactly why I thank my parents for whipping my butt when I did something wrong as a child. These kids today just get away with whatever they want cause there are no reprecusions to their actions. Look how fast society as deminished since the days when kids were actually punished for their stupid behavior.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I smoked dope as a kid because of peer pressure lol, I didn't go beating the crap out of someone because of it. Some people are just a little more twisted than the rest of us and they should be punished accordingly

I can see why some people don't think the parents are at fault, but I respectfully disagree. I would not have done this as a kid for many reasons, but if I would have even considered doing it, I wouldn't have because of the healthy fear I had of my father. I don't see a healthy fear of parents in a lot of kids these days and I do blame the parents for that.

You all should join me next week for Open House at school. When you see the parents, you will know exacly why the kids act like they do!

Off to the woodshed with them for a good ol soap in the towel party....

Those "bored" kids should get a "board.....a water boarding". Kids are getting more and more aggresive because they know there really is not much of a penalty for doing anything bad.
These kids beat the crud out this guy and they are already out of the juvenile detention center on house arrest. So they will go to court, get scolded by the judge, get sent to anger management classes, and maybe have to do a little community service. Then, their record is sealed once they are old enough. Wow...that's a deterent for doing this again.
I don't completely blame the parents. These kids know what is right and wrong, but they also know that not much will be done to them.

Sorry, but I do think the parents are in large part responsible for this. Yes, they are 13 and 14 and beginning to make their own decisions, However they make those decisions based on what they were taught at an early age by their parents. The morals, the ethics, all those things that shape our adult behavior are instilled in us at a very young age.

I just got done reading this http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120815/NEWS0107/308150032 and I am so disgusted with our society. They said they did it because they were BORED, not trying to rob him, he didn't yell at them to get off him lawn, they just attacked him without provocation because they were bored.

What are people doing instead of raising their kids? How can you be so oblivious to your child as to not notice signs that you have a sociopath under your roof?

Condemning society is a little extreme don't you think? I mean there are millions of quality parents and kids in the world. I mean just look at Iceman, a model teenager....I kid of course

But this is unfortunate that it happened. I hope the punishment fits the crime

Back