"What to do with a great drive!"

kc720

Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
That's the name of the book and it's an international best seller. It's an absolute page turner and hard to put down. How many of you have read it? Below are some samples from the book...

Always miss your approach to the short side after bombing one 300.

If you must hit the best drive of your life, make sure it's on a hole that leaves you an awkward yardage.

Almost drove a 330yd green? Be sure to follow it up with 2 chips and 3 putts.

When you have 150 in for your second shot on a par 5, par is a great score.

It sounds like a real tear jerker. Every one of those is sometimes tear worthy!

It is indeed! It's something I wish I never read hahahaha

I can relate to the last one. Last weekend I bombed one down the middle on a par 5 and had only 170 yards in. I wait for the green to clear, all my buddys are watching and I lay the sod over the ball. I mean I hit the ground 4 inches before the ball. I laid up to 100 yards out lol

Crushed a drive (for me anyway) today and had 62 in. Took me 3 more to get on...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Crushed a drive (for me anyway) today and had 62 in. Took me 3 more to get on...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Funny how "that feeling walking down the fairway" after the drive changes so quick haha

I had the the 300 yard bomb deal today. 312 down wind center cut, about 80 yards out. proceed to skull the 62 20 yards over the green. Ended up with a bogey.

Sounds interesting! If I hit a 300 yard drive, I'm walking straight to the bar to enjoy it because it's all downhill from there!!

Is there anything about hitting a bomb drive, having consensus from the rest of the foursome that it should be deep in the fairway, and not finding your ball?

I think the subtitle of this book is "mpeterson's 2016 golf season"

Have not read it but it sounds like it is funny and depressing at the same time. Glad I don't have to worry about hitting one over 300 so none of these will ever happen to me..haha.

Is there anything about hitting a bomb drive, having consensus from the rest of the foursome that it should be deep in the fairway, and not finding your ball?

That's because you are in that foursome that seems to think they hit the ball further than they really do. So they are never looking in the right spot of the fairway. Just passed the ladies tee is not a :bomb: HA!

Interesting. I may have to see if I can find a copy of this. Maybe even a first edition, autographed copy. :alien:

Seems that my walk changes a lot after my second shot. Chest is puffed out and a little hitch in my step walking up to my ball after the bomb. Then I duff my second, and third shots, only moving the ball 100 yards between the two. I want to crawl back to the cart and have my partner run me over. But give my 3 holes and I'll bring back up that bomb I hit. :alien:

That's the name of the book and it's an international best seller. It's an absolute page turner and hard to put down. How many of you have read it? Below are some samples from the book...

Always miss your approach to the short side after bombing one 300.

If you must hit the best drive of your life, make sure it's on a hole that leaves you an awkward yardage.

Almost drove a 330yd green? Be sure to follow it up with 2 chips and 3 putts.

When you have 150 in for your second shot on a par 5, par is a great score.

Add this one to the list

Always thin or fat your 2nd shot after getting off the perfect drive.

Carried the ball onto the green with your tee shot on a par 4, and now facing an easy 2-putt birdie? Be sure to blast your first putt 15' past the hole, mishit the comeback putt and come up 4' short, lip out the par putt, and card a nice 4-putt bogey.

Carried the ball onto the green with your tee shot on a par 4, and now facing an easy 2-putt birdie? Be sure to blast your first putt 15' past the hole, mishit the comeback putt and come up 4' short, lip out the par putt, and card a nice 4-putt bogey.

I don't always 4-putt....but when I do, i make sure i drive the green.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Less than 100 out on a par 4 and hit 4 inches behind the ball with sand wedge taking a crater out of the ground and barely moving the ball. This was me 3 times in 27 holes on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why do I feel like I need to have a glass of wine and a spread of cheese while reading the posts all of you made...haahhahahaha

-Ol'Mercer-

Back