What to do with older clubs

stevececil

Sweating it out in AZ!
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you guys do with clubs that no longer make the bag? Talking about clubs that are 5+ years old and not the newest tech. I am not a club ho by any means (simply can't afford it) but I do have some older stuff that has outlived its trade in value.

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Handicap
They can still be sold on eBay. Not for much, but they will sell.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Donate it to somebody in need.

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
thats what I do, a friend of a friend wanted to pick up the game, I gave him a bag of older clubs to start with. it wouldn't be worth much, but he was pretty happy to have it.

TheHeez

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Exactly! I give my little brother first dibs and then they go to the First Tee program.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putting
I concur with the donation posts

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to donate to the first tee, but last time I checked they weren't accepting anything.

I need to check again, otherwise I am going to list them on craigslist for free to anybody that might want to take up the game.

SkiBumGolfer

Pro Ponderer
Reaction score
Handicap
11.6 Grint
Sell, donate, or pass on to someone who's just starting. Or hold onto as a spare - I'm still hanging on to my R9 460 head from several years ago, because it won't sell for much and I know I can hit it so it's a good backup.

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
Goodwill or Salvation Army. When I was a kid, my first golf clubs came from a bin at the Goodwill store.

KeyserSoze

Reaction score
Handicap
Throw them on Ebay and open the auction internationally they'll end up in Australia in the next Jason Day's eager little mitts. They have big probs getting gear there.

It seems all the clubs I sell on Ebay go to Australia.

NullNomad

1/2 Wandering Bear
Reaction score
Handicap
work
I wanted to donate to the first tee, but last time I checked they weren't accepting anything.

I need to check again, otherwise I am going to list them on craigslist for free to anybody that might want to take up the game.
When first tee isn't taking any, I call the local courses to see if any High Schools are looking for donations. They tend to put feelers out to the pro shops for gear.

theoverswinger

Reaction score
Handicap
16.2 UNHS
I gave some of my sticks away to friends who I wanted to pick up the game for health reasons (I've been 50 percent successful there so far), and I've sold or traded up the others.

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sell on eBay or give them away. I've done both. My home course keeps clubs for those who can't afford clubs but want to learn to play, plus there are always kids that want to take up the game and may not have the means to buy, so it is good to give them away.

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
There used to be an organization called Bunkers in Baghdad that took used clubs and sent them to the troops overseas for recreational use on base. If they don't have much sales value, that might be worth exploring.

Reaction score
Handicap
The First Tee is always looking for clubs if you have a local one by I would contact them.

amsmith61

Reaction score
Handicap
If I find lefties that are just starting to play golf, I will offer up some of my old equipment. Last year, I gave my old set of R7s to a college kiid after we played a round together.

I should probably look into it more as I have some older equipment that really needs to find another home.

ChristopherKee

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Try to sell them or trade them in. If they aren't worth more than $25 I donate them to the HS next to my house or give them to friends.

GenErr

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
If they're new enough, there are online retailers who accept trade-ins, and a couple of times a year have 130% trade in deals. Wait for one of those and put the money toward some new golf gear. If they aren't new enough to trade in, donate them or give them to someone just taking up the game. Check the local high school golf coach, he/she may know someone who needs clubs.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.

I donate to our Boys & Girls Club, they always accept them. The local muni lets them come out and get familiar with the game, rules and etiquette each spring and the kids need clubs.

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks for the suggestions guys, the high schools around me that need donations, don't have golf teams.

The ones that don't need donations, well those kids are playing newer clings than I am, let alone my hand me downs.

Will check first tee and boys and girls club to see if they can use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in