What to do with older clubs

stevececil

Sweating it out in AZ!
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you guys do with clubs that no longer make the bag? Talking about clubs that are 5+ years old and not the newest tech. I am not a club ho by any means (simply can't afford it) but I do have some older stuff that has outlived its trade in value.

They can still be sold on eBay. Not for much, but they will sell.

Donate it to somebody in need.

thats what I do, a friend of a friend wanted to pick up the game, I gave him a bag of older clubs to start with. it wouldn't be worth much, but he was pretty happy to have it.

Exactly! I give my little brother first dibs and then they go to the First Tee program.

I concur with the donation posts

I wanted to donate to the first tee, but last time I checked they weren't accepting anything.

I need to check again, otherwise I am going to list them on craigslist for free to anybody that might want to take up the game.

Sell on ebay or donate to first tee.

Sell, donate, or pass on to someone who's just starting. Or hold onto as a spare - I'm still hanging on to my R9 460 head from several years ago, because it won't sell for much and I know I can hit it so it's a good backup.

Goodwill or Salvation Army. When I was a kid, my first golf clubs came from a bin at the Goodwill store.

Throw them on Ebay and open the auction internationally they'll end up in Australia in the next Jason Day's eager little mitts. They have big probs getting gear there.

It seems all the clubs I sell on Ebay go to Australia.

I wanted to donate to the first tee, but last time I checked they weren't accepting anything.

I need to check again, otherwise I am going to list them on craigslist for free to anybody that might want to take up the game.

When first tee isn't taking any, I call the local courses to see if any High Schools are looking for donations. They tend to put feelers out to the pro shops for gear.

I gave some of my sticks away to friends who I wanted to pick up the game for health reasons (I've been 50 percent successful there so far), and I've sold or traded up the others.

Sell on eBay or give them away. I've done both. My home course keeps clubs for those who can't afford clubs but want to learn to play, plus there are always kids that want to take up the game and may not have the means to buy, so it is good to give them away.

There used to be an organization called Bunkers in Baghdad that took used clubs and sent them to the troops overseas for recreational use on base. If they don't have much sales value, that might be worth exploring.

The First Tee is always looking for clubs if you have a local one by I would contact them.

If I find lefties that are just starting to play golf, I will offer up some of my old equipment. Last year, I gave my old set of R7s to a college kiid after we played a round together.

I should probably look into it more as I have some older equipment that really needs to find another home.

Try to sell them or trade them in. If they aren't worth more than $25 I donate them to the HS next to my house or give them to friends.

If they're new enough, there are online retailers who accept trade-ins, and a couple of times a year have 130% trade in deals. Wait for one of those and put the money toward some new golf gear. If they aren't new enough to trade in, donate them or give them to someone just taking up the game. Check the local high school golf coach, he/she may know someone who needs clubs.

I donate to our Boys & Girls Club, they always accept them. The local muni lets them come out and get familiar with the game, rules and etiquette each spring and the kids need clubs.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, the high schools around me that need donations, don't have golf teams.

The ones that don't need donations, well those kids are playing newer clings than I am, let alone my hand me downs.

Will check first tee and boys and girls club to see if they can use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back