What 'Unwritten Rule of Golf' do you see not being observed?

Wow, “Not good enough”, “disrespectful”. Apparently I should take offense to your comments as I am a “double digit handicap and apparently not good enough to play the tips. On my course I bounce between all six tee boxes. Yes, even the tips. Yourself, and the “many others who feel the same way” seem to confuse tee box selection with ready golf. I take nearly the same time to play a round of golf regardless of the tee box I select. Am I playing three shots into most of the par 4s? Yes, and sometimes 4 shots. Am I shooting bogey or bogey+? More than likely. Am I in the clubhouse in 3 hours +-? Bet your a$$!
If you, and the many people who feel the same way, we’re in the group behind me I would purposely select the tips to play. Watch you grumble and blow a gasket when my tee shot Barely clears the forward tees. And I’ll be on my second or third drink in the clubhouse by the time you rude and disrespectful individuals wander in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for validating my point about double digit handicaps playing the back tees being rude and disrespectful ...

People violating unwritten rules doesn’t bother me at all. They’re unwritten for a reason...they’d not actual rules. They’re (usually) arbitrary traditions that make up the majority of things I don’t like about golf.

That being said, I differentiate between unwritten rules and course specific rules. Course specific rules are usually written in some way. They’re either on the scorecard (fixing divots/pitch marks, each player must have their own clubs), posted in the clubhouse (90 degree rule, cart path only), or posted on the course’s website (dress code).

I see no problem with the owner/operator of a course making those kind of rules. If they’re too stringent for my liking I just won’t play there. For instance, I’m not likely to play somewhere that requires a tucked in shirt. It’s not that tucking in my shirt is a big imposition...it just indicates that the place is probably too stuffy and self absorbed for me.

A guy in a tournament I was playing with last year wasn't playing very well and had to explain to me the reason why he wasn't playing well in great detail. When I said I understand and everybody has their bad days, he told me I don't really understand and wanted to explain what I didn't realize or know about his bad game that day. Nobody wants to hear a detailed complaint that detracts from their enjoyment and time. Stop your & #@% whining!

I have seen several guys put: stand behind me. As their gripe. I do this all the time, mainly because the guys I play with suck and I have to see where their shity tee shots go

Smoking in general, but in specific, dropping ashes on greens, throwing butts ANYWHERE on the course. Disgusting, bad habit. Stop being disrespectful. If I have offended any smokers here, good!

Smoking, smoking smoking and chewing....should be banned on the golf course.
That or you have to eat your butts and swallow your spit, not just drop them on my fairways and greens.
I don't come to your yard and carve out big divots with my sand wedge, so don't desecrate my golf course !

Back