What Was Your Best Hole Of The Round

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
We have thread for Best shot of the round, worst shot of the round, what did you shot today, but nothing that describes your best hole of the round. Thought it would be interesting to try and start one.

My best hole in yesterday's round was on the 18th. The course I played yesterday is not all the long so the group I was playing with decided to play from the tips. I hit my drive down the left side of the fairway, just in the rough off the fairway. Then hit my #2h down the right side of the fairway just in front of the bunker on the right side of the green. Used my pictching wedge to pitch onto the green to about four feet from the pin. Made the putt for my only birdie of the round. :)

h9-min-e1581443281574.jpg

nemesis hole at local muni. Long straight and narrow. put a drive 280 on the right side of the fairway, but still 175ish to a back pin. put a 6i to 4 feet that just about rolled over the hole. birdie to cap an otherwise lackluster 9.

Par 5 - 18th at Bowling Green South course yesterday. I played like ass up until that point. But I finally hit a straight drive, then hit 5 wood to the front edge (pin was all the way back), hit a nice 9 iron pitch & run to a tap in birdie. (y) Only took me all 18 holes to get a birdie :eek:

NO.8 09272020.png

Short par 4 playing into probably a half-club breeze. I hit a nice draw up the right side and then a little knock down 58 to 4-5 feet slightly past hole high. The side-hill, downhill, left to right putt was money as soon as I hit it.

1601302592508.png

Wind was against me this whole round but driver found me in the light rough. 8i was absolutely flushed leaving me with a pretty straightforward 20+ foot putt which dropped dead center of the hole. Ignore the overall score please :cautious:

Made par on a re-tee on a shortish 5.

If first shot me didn’t suck, I might be decent. Should have been my first eagle in 2 years.

Best hole from last round was the Par 4 14th. Narrow, not overly long, slight dogleg right. Ripped a 5 wood dead center to the 150 marker. 9 iron pin high (pic attached). Left the putt about a roll or two short on the high side. Easy par.

Attachments

• E141289F-19F7-49F6-BD4E-DF9C7267111C.jpeg
    E141289F-19F7-49F6-BD4E-DF9C7267111C.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2
h9-min-e1581443281574.jpg

nemesis hole at local muni. Long straight and narrow. put a drive 280 on the right side of the fairway, but still 175ish to a back pin. put a 6i to 4 feet that just about rolled over the hole. birdie to cap an otherwise lackluster 9.
Haha 280.......Man, we need to get you up in this Northern Utah elevation!

Ignore the overall score please
I was cruising along pretty well through 8. Arccos had missed a couple of shots and I didn't notice that it didn't begin the round until #2 tee. So I was +4 after 8. The last 10 holes weren't terrible but weren't good either.

I was cruising along pretty well through 8. Arccos had missed a couple of shots and I didn't notice that it didn't begin the round until #2 tee. So I was +4 after 8. The last 10 holes weren't terrible but weren't good either.
Ha! My "blow up" hole was the hole prior so I was absolutely cruising until that hole! Isn't that how it goes? The hole after a bad hole is typically your best?!?

Played a fun round a couple days ago, from the forward tees. On one par 4, I needed to hit a big old cut, around some trees to get into the green from the tee. Smacked it and rolled right up to the front of the green, after probably 70 yards of fade.

An area where my game was the worst in history, par 3s has become an area of excellence. keeping the ball on the green or just short with a chip and putt. for solid 3s.

Par 3 - 175 downhill... hit it to a foot

Back