What was your first car?

First car was a1972 Camaro, not one in picture below but close when I finally got it done. Bought it with front end smashed up but my dad and I rebuilt. Engine was a money pit though and finally unloaded for an ‘82 Camaro....2nd major mistake.

929F3C33-B330-49CE-91B1-BE605620277B.jpeg

1970 VW Bug was my first car. Was the first of many in a long line of V-Dubs for me.

Wish I had never given that car up.

1970 VW Bug was my first car. Was the first of many in a long line of V-Dubs for me.

Wish I had never given that car up.

My second car was a 71 Type 3 Squareback...loved that thing. I'm hoping to get either a Super Beetle or another Type 3 in the next few years to restore/mod.

First car was a 1961 Ford Falcon that my sister and I both learned to drive on. We beat the crap out of that poor car. Then, got a 68 Corvair that I loved. Best fun car in college was a 66 MGB!

86 Z28 Camaro

My parents old 08 Malibu with like 250,000km on the clock and a bunch of rust.

1977 Chevrolet Pickup With a standard transmission. Very functional but ugly.

Oooh...1991 Chevy Cavalier. Cherry Red - two door. Wasn't much to it, but lots of memories there.

A 1987 Pontiac 6000 in Navy Blue.

I was 14 years old when my Grandfather died and he willed me his 1950 Ford Coupe.
Mine had the eyebrow windshield visor on the outside and was similar to this color.
We lived on 20 acres out in the country then and I learned how to drive in a 5 acre pasture with it.

1950-ford-custom-002.jpg

1969 Datsun truck. 1300cc 4cyl, 4spd manual. No balls at all but I loved that little truck. Looked kind of like this...
1969-datsun-pl521-521-truck-pickup-pick-up-72k-actual-miles-2-owner-no-rust-11.jpg

First car I bought was a red 1986 VW Jetta GLI. with a sunroof. 5 speed manual & souped up engine, but 4 doors and the biggest damn trunk I'd ever seen (If only the rear seats had folded down it would've been perfect). Only manual transmission I've owned - it was so much fun to drive. Handled well, and had a lot of power (I got it up to 110 mph one time -and passed a police cruiser coming over the slight hill in the opposite direction. Since I was almost to my GF's house & she lived way back in the woods on a little side road I high-tailed it to her place. That was enough high speed thrills for me lol!)

GLI1.jpgJetta GLI 2.jpg

I added a roof rack to carry my bike & later my windsurfer. Kept it for 10 years & put 120,000+ miles on it. The only problems I had were the door handles - they rusted out twice. And the windshield wiper was wonky - kept breaking. Other than that, it was fun and still kinda practical.

I originally wanted a Honda Prelude but the dealers wouldn't budge on price (they were flying out the doors back then). I was initially disappointed to settle on the Jetta,
but a few years later my future sister-in-law had one & it was not a good car. Looked great on the outside - nothing but problems. So I guess I lucked out.

TECHNICALLY, my first car was an 86 Iroc (Mullet not included) that I never got to drive
My real first vehicle was a 1986 Dodge D100 pick up. 318 2 barrel.

Seems like there is a story there?
I busted my tail to get the money to buy it, I got it when I was 15. It needed some TLC and some repairs so it was parked out in the yard, by the time I had the money to do the repairs, I went to bring it up to the house, the raccoons and mice had destroyed the interior and eaten the wiring harness.

I busted my tail to get the money to buy it, I got it when I was 15. It needed some TLC and some repairs so it was parked out in the yard, by the time I had the money to do the repairs, I went to bring it up to the house, the raccoons and mice had destroyed the interior and eaten the wiring harness.
That sucks.

My second car was a 71 Type 3 Squareback...loved that thing. I'm hoping to get either a Super Beetle or another Type 3 in the next few years to restore/mod.
Love Type 3's. I would love a notchback! :cool:?

1969 Camaro, aka "The Money Pit"... Bought it my Senior year in HS for $1,500 in 1982.

1969 Chevy Impala. First car loan bought it used in the late 70’s. Dark blue with black vinyl top, V8 engine, bench seat, 8 track player. Loved that car!!!

The first vehicle was a Dodge Ram 99 Ram 1500 single cab. It was an old work truck and I got it after they ran 250,000+ miles on it. I got it all the way up to 325,000 before I had to get rid of it. It was the best truck ever and of course, my Dad made me do all of the maintenance on it myself. I have missed it since the day I got rid of it.

86 crown Victoria

1985 Cimaron. One the worst cars ever made...bbut it was a Caddy. Saved every penny from my first job that summer and bought it. I have been driving since I was 15 years old.

Man, there are some really nice first cars in this thread.

Back