What was your first love (in putters?)

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
What was the putter that first made you say "wow?"

For me it was a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna 1.5. I remember buying it on a whim, not really knowing anything about the head shape or neck, or even the brand. I think it was a late night ebay purchase. The first time I hit it, I was hooked. I rolled it so well, and oh how did it open Pandora's Box.

T.P. Mills Softail

The first 'legit' putter I owned.

abcfd496ba761dc30e6c93aba155fead.png

Then my first Scotty.

5bad84b05ee204e950f7e7502c30e15a.jpg

I'll say the Odyssey Rossie was where I first got hooked on putters just because it was the first non Walmart putter I ever owned. It's been my favorite shape ever since.

The first WOW putter I ever owned was a torched Scotty Cameron Studio Select 1.5 with some aftermarket milling that was absolutely stunning. I couldn't make a dang thing with it but it sure looked nice.

First putter that really made me a lover of putters was a Scotty Cameron GoLo 5.

Ram Zebra mallet.

Odyssey Metal-X Milled #6.

OG Odyssey white hot.

Ping Anser 5.

I don’t know that I have one. I’ve had plenty of finds but nothing that has become love

... Started playing with an 8802. Traded a TM 580 Tour driver for an $899 Bettinardi BB1. It was a Wow moment.

Man I would love to own a Nead putter someday.

so thankful for THP, that I was lucky enough to win that one. Also thankful, I was able to grab one of his special edition headcovers to go with it a few years later

Reactions: KEV
This sounds a little boring, but a Ping Anser 2.

Odyssey Dual Force 990! Still have it in the basement.

Scotty Cameron TE2 Newport

Ram Zebra. May have pitted better with that than any putter I’ve had since.

Carbite ZG mallet. Loved that darn thing.

The first 'legit' putter I owned.

abcfd496ba761dc30e6c93aba155fead.png

Then my first Scotty.

5bad84b05ee204e950f7e7502c30e15a.jpg
Nubbins goodness! I had one, the M6.

I had that same Scotty too, I think.(?) No idea the model but it had a higher toe, no?

TP Mills Treadition II, multi material. Stainless neck on a carbon head with the Black Ox finish the way only Mills can do it.

I have immense remorse ever letting it go.

TP Mills Traditional II Stainless Steel Roundneck

I don't remember the first one that made me fall in love with putters, but I know my Taylormade Ghost Tour Corza was my first "real" putter. I had a weird hand-me-down putter before that which was adequate but not good. it started this crazy buy/sell/trade with putters where I acquired and went through a ton in a year.

My Bettinardi studio reserve jam-F wide was the first one that really meant something, and that along with the Ghost Tour Corza are probably the only two from that crazy swap fest that survived.

Back