What was your first love (in putters?)

F3366C4A-A8E2-4FCE-8EEB-27418925E392.jpeg

I have two putter that still stuck in my brain

Ping Scottsdale Nickel putter. I just remember how well I putt with it.
Scotty Cameron Newport Beach. Loved the sound it made and I think Davis Love played it. Was big fan of Davis Love.

Wilson Fatshaft Ci2 copper insert putter. I loved that thing and still have it in the garage. Went through a good 3-4 month span where I made just about everything with it. The magic was real.

Wilson-Fat-Shaft-Copper-Insert-CI-5-RH.jpg

Mine was a Never Compromise Sub 30 flowneck blade from probably the mid 90's. I made practically everything with that putter back in the day.

Wilson 8802 non milled. Played it for close to 20 years.

Taylor Made TP Maranello, I have always liked the look of a heel shafted putter. I used an Odyssey #9 for years before finally going to the Spider X this season.

Ping 1-A. The bronze colour and the sound we’re awesome. It took me months to save up for back in the day but turned out to be the best 65 bucks I’ve spent on golf.

My dads Bronze Ping Anser about 30 years ago. I thought it was beautiful.

I’ve only been playing for 6 years. In that time I’ve had an Odyssey, Scotty, TM, Cleveland, and PXG. I’ve been on a Sam Puttlab/fit more than once.

Nothing really spoke to me like the TM Spider Tour Black. I regret getting rid of it. I don’t even know the specs for the specific one I had - length, loft/lie, SW, etc. So I don’t think I could reproduce it.

Odyssey 2 ball blade. Played it for 10 years, won 2 club championships with it. Back in the day!

Titleist Bullseye. So classic, so beautiful and such great feel.

Back