What wildlife (if any) do you see around your home?

The typical squirrels, rabbits, black snakes, turtles, bats, owls, deer, lizards, buzzards, eagles, etc. The one that surprised me at the house was crayfish in the yard. Within a mile I have seen foxes, bobcats, and coyotes. And I haven’t seen them but I’ve seen pictures just a few miles down the road of black bear and wild boar

Found this little guy a few weeks ago

69EAD90F-60EA-413A-ADFD-1D2BDE6E43C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Deer in the winter, who treat our shrubs as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Chipmunks, that are being chipper-dippered into control. Mice. Voles. Moles. Squirrels. Rabbits, or as they are known in some parts of our home, "bunnies." Hawks, who come and go with the rodent population. Skunks. Tree frogs. Pileated woodpeckers, a protected species. We saw a fox once, and a lost family of ducks. We have not seen a raccoon in 36 years - yet.

If "around the home" means within five miles, moose.

Lewisville, TX, just north of DFW: I am also a cyclist, and usually start my ride in the pre-dawn hours this time of year. I see all sorts of stuff. Bobcats, coyotes, fox, deer, snakes, Bald Eagles and Ospreys at the lake, but this is the most insane thing I've run across on my rides - this was after the floodwaters receded on Lewisville Lake in the summer of 2015...

lewisville gator.jpg

I forgot to mention wolves who have now extended their ever-expanding range to our area and about 30 miles south of us. I haven't seen one yet by my next-door neighbor spotted one while out on his snowmobile last winter.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.17.09 AM.png

I forgot to mention wolves who have now extended their ever-expanding range to our area and about 30 miles south of us. I haven't seen one yet by my next-door neighbor spotted one while out on his snowmobile last winter.

View attachment 8953510

Sad to see the encroachment and invasion of the Wolf packs destroy the county's ability to define themselves and hold to key boundaries. Just a shame....😁

I'm out in the country so we've got everything. I've seen snakes, armadillos, coyotes, deer, bald eagles, every manner or insect from cicada to sand flea, moles, rabbits, squirrels... A couple weeks ago I was out back and caught a glimpse of a few of the neighbors chickens that had made their way through the woods to my yard then moseyed on towards the road to go back home. I haven't seen a bear, but I know they're around. A friend got the back half of a panther on one of his game cams.

I live in town, but we have a couple resident foxes that pass thru the yard quite often, and a oppossum that passes by. Have a really large toad who is keeping the bugs in check in the garden.

1. Deer that overrun the place.
- no flowers survive in our yard because the pests(aka deer) are terrible
2. Squirrels.
- fattest squirrels I have seen
3. Skunks.
- smell more than see but occasionally seen
4. Raccoons.
- 4 babies have been out recently
5. Lots of various birds.
- coolest has been a family of hawks that live in the tree behind us
6. Snakes.
- had a few in the garage and every so often in the wood/lawn border

Hmmm...
  1. squirrels
  2. chipmunks
  3. mice
  4. voles
  5. groundhogs (woodchucks)
  6. moles
  7. raccoon
  8. skunks
  9. rabbits
  10. opossum
  11. fox
  12. coyote
  13. deer (oh so many #$!^@%! deer)
  14. snakes
  15. frogs
  16. toads
  17. turtles
A variety of birds, incl...
  1. ducks
  2. geese
  3. swans
  4. Sandhill cranes
  5. raptors (various)
  6. turkey

Last edited:
I live in the suburbs. In my backyard, I have deer, squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, skunks, possums, toads, various birds and occasionally hawks (there is a power pole behind the house and the hawk can be seen there.

And I know you said no bugs, but just this week my favorite has returned, the Eastern Cicada Killer (it's a fairly large wasp) who burrows out of the ground and leaves a nice pile of dirt on the lawn.

Just outside of Kansas City... Nothing super interesting.

• Lots of Birds - Blue jays, Cardinals, Robins
  • Chipmunks
  • Squirrels
  • Rabbits
  • The Occasional Hawk

Deer, turkey, birds, ducks, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, and much more that I am forgetting. Around my parts (Long Island) the deer are way over-populated and have become a huge problem. My favorite type of animal to see around here are the eagles that fly over some of the courses I play. Love hearing them screech in search of food.

Lots of rabbits. Bobcat, coyote, deer, turkey, skunks, various waterfowl and birds, snakes, etc.

When I was in Scottsdale it was cougars.

Deer and turtles with a occasional snake here in MA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I witnessed this showdown last year shortly after we moved in.
B01CE288-C7E1-4D95-AD4A-3AEE145B1212.jpeg

lost of birds and rabbits. Lizards, rattlesnakes, coyotes, and even rare mountain lion and bobcat. Ive been fortunate to see a gila monster three times (close-ish) to my house.

Oh, one more. It's been three years since we had the pest control guy come, but . . . bats.

There is a trailhead right behind my home. Not too far up the trail, a neighbor placed a trail cam. He claims to have photographed a bear, moose and many other unusual animals. Right in my backyard, I have seen:

1. Deer that overrun the place.
2. Squirrels.
3. Skunks.
4. Raccoons.
5. Lots of various birds.
6. Lizards.
7. Snakes.

There were several sightings of a cougar prowling the neighborhood last year.
You must be in Utah too! Same story here. DWR, (Division of Wildlife Resources) had to come get a Mountain Lion/Cougar out of the neighborhood last fall. Wish they could do something about the Mule Deer!!

Raccoons
Rats
Skunks
Squirrel
Turkey
Deer
Rabbits
Woodchuck
Possum

Just the usual, nothing exotic

20191007_174533.jpg

Thought of this thread when I saw what I believe to be a black mink in my backyard yesterday. Pretty cool.
Rabbits didn't like him at all and scattered.

Back