What wildlife (if any) do you see around your home?

20201015_205255.jpg

And my wife let's the chihuahua run around off leash.

Last edited:
We've got deer, turkeys, foxes, raccoons, coyotes, opossums, squirrels, several types of snakes, several types of frogs & toads, skinks, hawks, turkey vultures, and all sorts of birds. (I'm sure I'm missing some but we have a trail cam and get all sorts of pictures)

Coyote crossed fairway in front of @ToddJ027b and @LittleRat on 4th hole during practice round at TPC Las Vegas.

FA32A6C5-B182-4DC8-B9C7-F2AC783C428C.jpeg

We get most of the routine rural area critters, deer, fox, coyotes, raccoons, possum, skunks, squirrels, hawks, turkeys, geese, etc. Every once in a while a mountain lion is spotted in the neighborhood, and I know this is a lousy photo, but this black bear was in a tree at my next door neighbor's house last nite.

Bear_01.jpg

Considering we live in a town, we don't tend to see too much around our home, but we did have a fox in the garden one morning

Where my mam lives you would see much more as it is a small rural village with a forest nearby so she can see deer and various other wildlife when she takes the dog for a walk

We see the typical, Deer, Raccoon, skunk, Turkey, Hawk, Coyote, Rabbits (an abundance of them this year). But we also live right by the CVNP (Cuyahoga Valley National Park) and occasionally we get to see a couple of the Bald Eagles fly overhead. It's amazing the size of the shadow they create.

Rabbits, snakes, normal stuff. But I live in the city and I almost hit a chicken the other day, apparently my neighbor has 3 chickens that he lets run around all day and then they come home for dinner.

We have Hawks and Owls that frequent the back acre, the other day I was out in the yard with the Granddaughter and this young otter came though the yard. it was very cool to see and it really did not know to be afraid of us, the granddaughter wants to go out and look for the "baby otter" everyday now.20200930_133940_resized.jpg

In my front yard....
Deer
Rabbits
Squirrels
A bull snake earlier this summer

Fox, deer, red tail hawks, racoons, a blue heron at a fish pond and once in a while they see a bear around the part of MD I live in but I have never seen.

We will see the occasional deer in town. We do have a resident fox in the neighborhood. Opossum, squirrels, birds.

The muskrats I think are caving in my back yard. :eek:
Two white swans were in the pond yesterday.
SNOW this morning? UGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I don’t know if I could list all the wildlife that wander/fly/run/dig through our neighborhood... off the top of my head:

- Black bear
- Grizzly
- Moose
- Deer
- Coyote
- Wolf
- Lynx
- Fox
- Rabbit
- Mink
- Mice/Voles
- Squirrel
- Gopher
- Tons of birds... Raven, eagle, jays, magpie, robins, etc.

Whitetail deer
Coyote
Fox
Rabbits
A billion squirrels & 🐿️ chipmunks
Groundhogs
Raccoons 🦝
An occasional wild turkey 🦃

Deer, turkeys, squirrels, rabbits, bobcats, possum, raccoon, rattlesnakes, gopher turtles, armadillo, moles, red and grey fox and even a bear

I'm out in the country so we've got everything. I've seen snakes, armadillos, coyotes, deer, bald eagles, every manner or insect from cicada to sand flea, moles, rabbits, squirrels... A couple weeks ago I was out back and caught a glimpse of a few of the neighbors chickens that had made their way through the woods to my yard then moseyed on towards the road to go back home. I haven't seen a bear, but I know they're around. A friend got the back half of a panther on one of his game cams.
I have since seen a bear. Came out to go to work one morning and he was heading across the driveway towards our trashcan. I told him to get away from it, but he was not afraid of me. A car driving by scared him off.

Where to start:
Gators
Snakes (3 types so far)
Shower
White egrets/herons
Some weird black speckled looking egret/heron
Blue herons
Geese and they had chicks that was neat
Birds of prey
Armadillos always after they ate dead
More to follow!

South Carolina. We have in our area bear, deer, fox, rabbits, bobcats, a few mountain lions, all kinds of birds, copperhead and black snakes, coyote, squirrel, ground hogs, and lotsa other stuff.

North Carolina... (very small little town)... but, just a block away from Main Street:
• squirrels
• chipmunks
• rabbits
• small lizards
• birds of all kinds (especially the NC state bird - the cardinal)

Tons of Canadian geese!

Too many deer - they eat my wife's gardens down to nothing. We have some eagles, turkey vultures, plenty of foxes, and fisher cats that drive me nuts when they start screeching in the middle of the night.

We have a family of great horned owls living in our backyard and they have really thinned out the squirrel and rabbit population. :)

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 4.03.51 PM.png

Back