What Would Make You Take More Course Pictures?

Only if it's special round of golf at a private or resort course. Definitely if I'm traveling and playing a course for the first time. THP events too.

THP events seems obvious but I definitely always end up taking the most pictures at an event and way more than normal.

If it's a special course or special round with people, I take a lot. Other than that, probably 2-3 each round if the right instance occurs.

This 100%. The course, the people and the views are the biggest factors. I’ll admit more than half my rounds are played without a single picture taken. Mainly because it’s uneventful or a course I’ve played so many times.

I always want to take more pictures but then I wonder what is the purpose? I want to take pictures share them on social media and golf forums but I have issues with trying to be that guy. I guess I should just get over it and do it.

I rarely take pictures on the course. A better camera on my phone might make me do it a little more often, but even then I'm probably only going to take pictures of a special or particularly scenic course. I think the reason mostly boils down to the fact that I'm generally concentrating on my round and/or talking and having fun with the people I'm playing with. I'm not all that inclined to interrupt either for a picture unless there is a real reason to do it.

A special course or THP event, I take a lot. But the reality is I get caught up in the moment and don't consider it. I really need to make it more of a habit.

Everyone gets the same opportunity my man! Just gotta be an AC member and enter and committed to going and reviewing gear afterwards or sharing the love of the event through pics
I'm a bit confused by this response, bud. Was this for me?

I'm a bit confused by this response, bud. Was this for me?

You said give me an opportunity (hint hint) I’m just pointing out that everyone gets the same opportunity as an albatross Club member if they would like to enter!

You said give me an opportunity (hint hint) I’m just pointing out that everyone gets the same opportunity as an albatross Club member if they would like to enter!
Oh. Gotta read the line directly following. I don't think anyone has ever been offered a role as non-playing photographer at a THP event.

I take some. Usually every time I golf I will snap a pic and post it on Instagram and Facebook as sort of a humble brag that Im out on the course that day. Id probably take more but I honestly worry that people will think Im screwing around on my phone instead of focusing on golf.

I try to take at least a few pictures every time I get out. if it's a course I play a lot of course less pictures. if it's a coure I ah e not played or a destination place I am snapping lots of pictures

If I had the ability to get on the course to take pictures when not playing. There have been several occasions, when I have wanted to take a picture. But, felt it wasn't worth it due getting out position with the group in front, or holding up the group behind.

With me it’s situational. If it’s a nice course I’m snapping pictures. Usually I don’t whole playing bc I forget or don’t want to inconvenience who I’m playing with

taking pictures of equipment is easier, but often feel I don’t have the set up to capture it properly with lighting

It depends where I am, who I'm with, and how well I'm playing. It's usually easier for me to take some if I'm walking since my phone's in my back pocket. I wanted to take more pics when I was in New Orleans two weeks ago, but I was playing terribly and was with accommodating strangers so I wasn't feeling good about trying to get a lot of pics.

More pictures - good shots, wildlife, odd lie... seems like everyone has it covered.

Here's one from a couple of weeks ago, it was about the size of you hand (not counting tail)

20180519_164803.jpg

I am not big on taking pictures of people, but I do like to take pictures of scenery and animals.

I once saw a large bird swoop down and grab a fish from a small pond. It was amazing. Wish I had my phone out fast enough for that.

Liked this Alligator from The Odyssey Event. Only a few feet long. I think @Parrot thought I was nuts getting so close. ?

ECFC88D0-47BA-491A-B0B7-8E8DF4ED5BC5.jpeg

I try to snap a picture here or there while on the course but honestly it doesn’t happen as much as I would like it to. As others have said, I’m usually more focused on playing the game, talking to my playing partners, etc. I do take pictures when at a special course or event. I have been carrying an old iphone in my pocket for use with Arccos but even then I just don’t think about slowing down to take a picture. I need to try And take pictures a lot more.

I take a lot of pictures on the golf course! I've gotten quite a few I'm very happy with. Lots of wildlife and some spectacular scenery. I also like to take flag shots if it's a course I've never played before, especially if they have a cool or interesting logo on the flag.

Playing a new course Often will have me taking a few pictures to try to capture the feel. Played a fantastic course last weekend and didn’t take any though, because my hands were too cold to take my winter golf gloves off, and they wouldn’t work with the touchscreen.

Playing a new course Often will have me taking a few pictures to try to capture the feel. Played a fantastic course last weekend and didn’t take any though, because my hands were too cold to take my winter golf gloves off, and they wouldn’t work with the touchscreen.

Try this

If I'm somewhere new and scenic I tend to take quite a few pictures. My regular courses, not really unless there's something special like a funky lie, beautiful sunset, etc. If I get new equipment I like to take some pictures to share also.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is exactly what I do. But for the most part, my phone stays in the cart. I like to focus more on the golf round than anything else. That's why I have a hard time posting at THP events. I guess I can't do two things at once. :sneaky:

I always want to take pics, but I rarely do.

I get too wrapped up in the round to appreciate the beauty around me. It really doesn't matter if I am having a good or bad round, I end up being in the moment of the shot, and never look around and just soak it in, certainly not enough to take out the phone and snap a pic.

When I do my annual golf trip I will usually take a bunch of pics from each tee box. That being said, if I find the course boring or i begin to not play very well then it seems like the number of pics decrease substantially.

I do the same thing as most of you. I'll take more on a new highlight course. For instance took a ton at Harbortown and Oak Hill East but rarely take any for courses I play all the time unless something special happened. The other time i will take a ton of pictures is when I have new equipment or I am doing a review of some sort for someone. But that doesn't happen that often.

For me, it's having someone to share the photos with. Before THP I only took photos at iconic courses, which was rare, to show to my family and some buddies who are interested in golf. Since joining THP, sharing my golf experience has been a lot more frequent and a lot more fun. I'm hoping this can grow in 2020.

I will if it's a special course or something interesting happens. Otherwise I'm generally enjoying myself & the golf. When I play I rarely touch my phone unless I'm changing the song on the BT speaker.

I might be more inclined if it was slow and I had extra time or something though. Certainly took a bunch at the Grandaddy & some of the more exclusive courses I've played.

I usually have my phone in a cup holder and plugged in to charge because I run GolfShot on it and have it set to keep the screen alive the entire round. And I also generally have Pandora running to the bluetooth speaker in the cart basket. The downside of all that nonsense is it is more of a PITA to whip out the phone to snap a pic. I found my ball in the rough a few months ago and as I walked to it I eventually noticed the snake sunning itself right next to my ball. Obviously I needed a pic of that! But that meant running back to the cart for my phone. So I guess for me it has to be something really out of the ordinary and noteworthy.

Back