What would you do in this situation

#5 or #6. They get what they give.

I’m not enough of a Richard to deliberately damage somebody else’s stuff, but I’m not enough of a nice guy to overlook them being such a-holes either.

I can get behind this too.

Spin me and point me in a direction, 😂. I have asked a THP playing partner if I should drive back and kill the guy that just hit into us (fully visible) for the second straight hole.

He said I probably shouldn’t so I didn’t. Although there may have been some angry gesticulating towards him (I’ve been hit by golf balls, it’s not fun and to intentionally send one at someone is rediculous and that asshat was lucky I was playing with someone nicer than me).

The most correct answer is #1.

#2&#7 are fine as well.

#3,4,5,6,8 are what richards would do. The world needs fewer richards.

I guess I disagree that the most correct answer is 1. I think either 2 or 7 is the correct answer. 1 would be fine but I don’t think you owe them anything (and not just because they were slow) to go out of your way to get the club back to them. I would never have even considered anything else. If I got close to them I would ask if they were missing a wedge but I wouldn’t drive up ahead to return it.

I guess I disagree that the most correct answer is 1. I think either 2 or 7 is the correct answer. 1 would be fine but I don’t think you owe them anything (and not just because they were slow) to go out of your way to get the club back to them. I would never have even considered anything else. If I got close to them I would ask if they were missing a wedge but I wouldn’t drive up ahead to return it.
I am a big believer in bros being bros. Even if they weren't being bros, I am going to be. I like to think that I treat people the way I wish to be treated. I don't treat people by how they treated me. I am a believer in karma and this is a great example of the universe asking me to take the high road and be the change I wish to see in the world.

I have a hard time putting myself in the headspace that would use their rudeness to rationalize being an assshole back to them. It must be an exhausting way to go through life.

2 or 6 for me. If there were being total richards, I'll let them figure out where their wedge is. I have no problem being a richard if that's what they were to me. If that makes me a bad guy, then so be it. You get what you deserve 🤷‍♂️.

I am a big believer in bros being bros. Even if they weren't being bros, I am going to be. I like to think that I treat people the way I wish to be treated. I don't treat people by how they treated me. I am a believer in karma and this is a great example of the universe asking me to take the high road and be the change I wish to see in the world.

I have a hard time putting myself in the headspace that would use their rudeness to rationalize being an assshole back to them. It must be an exhausting way to go through life.

I agree with you. I wouldn’t do anything negative but I wouldn’t run up to give them the club back. I would be the same way if pace of play was fine. Pick the club up, bring it with me, if I pass close to them ask if they lost a club. It sounds like you would meet them anyway on a tee box then give it back. I would also give it to the Marshall if he got close and tell him I though it was theirs. If neither of those happens I would turn it in after the round.

You're waiting on every hole but that doesn't mean you turn into an a‐hole....drive up and give them the wedge.

I agree with you. I wouldn’t do anything negative but I wouldn’t run up to give them the club back. I would be the same way if pace of play was fine. Pick the club up, bring it with me, if I pass close to them ask if they lost a club. It sounds like you would meet them anyway on a tee box then give it back. I would also give it to the Marshall if he got close and tell him I though it was theirs. If neither of those happens I would turn it in after the round.
Sure, all of those are acceptable. But, I know if I absentmindedly left a wedge by a green I would really hope, despite expectations, that somebody would expeditiously get it back to me.

...I have a hard time putting myself in the headspace that would use their rudeness to rationalize being an assshole back to them. It must be an exhausting way to go through life.
Actually, it can be immensely satisfying. I like seeing people get what they deserve, whether good or bad.

Actually, it can be immensely satisfying. I like seeing people get what they deserve, whether good or bad.
bless your heart.

Like others have said if you know the wedge belonged to them I'd have to say #1 is the right thing to do. If you're not sure it belonged to them then #2 & #7 both work as well.

I'd be tempted at #8 too. Drive up to them and mention you saw a wedge at the last hole in hopes they let you play through while they go get it. Of course that could backfire as they might refuse to let you play through while you wait for them to go get it.

1 or 2, then 7.

I’m a firm believer in karma. But it is never up to me to be the one to dish out karma against others. As frustrated as I would be at the situation, I would never damage or lose someone else’s things out of anger. At the end of the day, there is no way I would feel good unless I did the right thing. I cannot control others actions, but I can control mine.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

#1 is my choice. kill ‘em with kindness.

Wife is confused by this thread, and would like everyone to replace wedge with wallet and see if your answer changes.

Wife is confused by this thread, and would like everyone to replace wedge with wallet and see if your answer changes.
Haha no change. We found an iPhone on the course last year and managed to FaceTime the guys it appeared were golfing with the phone’s owner. Very entertaining!

Three very important questions that haven’t been asked yet would determine what my choice would be. What brand/model wedge, how did the groves look, and what grip? Cheap/worn out club, leave it where it sits. Something nice, drive up and give it to them, or take it to the pro shop.

Integrity. Its contagious sometimes.

Also, they will play faster with the wedge.

In the parking lot I can settle the difference.

2 and 7 are the easy answers. I’d like to believe #1 is in my wheelhouse too but if I’m being honest I know I could get agitated enough not to drive it up to them. The other options are just not in my DNA.

#2 since there was mention of 4 groups waiting on a Tee. But I'd ask those waiting on the tee if they lost a club.

I can't honestly say what I would do.

If they were being dicks about playing slow and ignoring the course being backed up I sure as hell wouldn't pick the club up and make any effort to return it to them.

Leave it in the proshop afterwards. Some of those options are just silly.

Look, I get that slow play brings out the worst in many golfers - but the second you retaliate you've lost the moral high ground to b*tch and complain.

If I were sure it was their wedge, 1. Otherwise, 2. It's what I would want someone to do if I left a wedge behind. We have picked up wedges only to have someone come back asking for it several holes later.

Last edited:
weekend golf , nice day but just cold enough where you want to keep moving and not waiting for a slow groups in front of you. After 6 holes the Marshall - player assistant whatever you call em where you are - talked to the group in front of us about their slow play and asked them to pick it up. They did not care and continued to play slow. They were playing at the 6700 yard markers and two of the guys hit usually about 150 -200 yards, so clearly not playing from correct tee box. At hole 11 there are now 4 groups on the hole waiting. Them on the green, we are in the middle of the fairway watching them, and then two groups waiting to tee off. Marshall asks them again, and we go up and ask them and were not met with very friendly reply. We could hear them later talking in their native language - wont say which one - and sounded like they did not care. SO when we get to hole 16 , and they took forever on a par 3, one guy left a wedge behind. so question is what would you do.:unsure::unsure::unsure:
1. Drive up and give him the wedge
2. put it in your cart and leave it with the pro shop
3. Keep it for a week and then turn it in to the pro shop
4. Bend it a little and give it to them on the 18th green
5. throw it in the bushes
6. Leave it lay off the green and let them figure it out and come back for it
7. give it to the Marshal
8. other

#2 or 7 for me. Since they are showing a blatant disregard for everyone else I am certainly not going to go out of my way to help them.

Life is way too short and if your doing 3,4,5,6 then you have issues. Let's try to make the world a better place not a worse one. :)

Back