What would you do? Nothing? Something?

You paid, they screwed up, they owe you the full forth place prize in cash. Go get your money, it's their problem how they come up with it.

One of the many reasons I ONLY do charity events these days. Sorry this happened to you guys, hope it gets resolved.

If I had to pay money, then I'm not letting it go. I'm at least getting a full refund.

Just let it go, not worth getting upset over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wouldn't let it go. I'd be calling them daily til it was resolved and something extra was added to make up for their wrong doing. Stuff like that is unacceptable in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Why something extra????
Wow at people always wanting handouts

You paid, they screwed up, they owe you the full forth place prize in cash. Go get your money, it's their problem how they come up with it.

Who says it’s cash? Most tournaments are pro shop credit

What would you do? Nothing? Something?

Why something extra????

Exactly. I get wanting what you won and a refund if they can’t do that but why would anyone think they’re entitled to something extra?

Exactly. I get wanting what you won and a refund if they can’t do that but why would anyone think they’re entitled to something extra?

Welcome to the brave new world haha

Why something extra????

In no way do I expect handouts. They were misinformed about the place they were in and told they could leave. Then it seems like the club tried to cover up their mistake by adding strokes to their score. Had they not looked up the posted scores they would have never known they were owed a prize/money. Now they have to travel back to the club to claim their prize and the club is in a different city so its not like they can stop by after work. So yeah I think the least the club can do for the hassles they put these guys through is give them a free round or something along those line. They were totally in the wrong. Had the club not added the strokes to the final score and put their prize aside for them then there would be nothing wrong with that but they didn't.

In no way do I expect handouts. They were misinformed about the place they were in and told they could leave. Then it seems like the club tried to cover up their mistake by adding strokes to their score. Had they not looked up the posted scores they would have never known they were owed a prize/money. Now they have to travel back to the club to claim their prize and the club is in a different city so its not like they can stop by after work. So yeah I think the least the club can do for the hassles they put these guys through is give them a free round or something along those line. They were totally in the wrong. Had the club not added the strokes to the final score and put their prize aside for them then there would be nothing wrong with that but they didn't.

A mistake does not warrant something extra!!!!

A mistake does not warrant something extra!!!!

If it was an honest then no. But it wasn't. It was a very dishonest one. They were cheated out of a prize.

If it was an honest then no. But it wasn't. It was a very dishonest one. They were cheated out of a prize.

Well, that's making some assumptions.

I guess when I read the situation, my first thought is, they admitted their mistake. Did they say where it was made? I mean, if they posted the twitter results and someone just added it wrong, then they weren't trying to cover it up. Again, they admitted the mistake, so I believe they have good intentions at fixing it.

Sometimes people get busy. Heck, there are times where I am 3 days behind in work because something came up in 1 case that takes up all my time. I always try to be honest with people when they call in to ask on status, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to take the time to make 12 phone calls a day just to let people know that I'm busy and going to be a little bit behind on their work.

If it were me, I'd reach out again after a week, and it would be friendly. Just a quick reminder that they offered to do something about it.

And I guess if they start ignoring you, or they start being jerks about it, well, you''ll have to consider how much your time is worth. I'd let it go, but I'd never go back there either.

But again, it seems like they have good intentions at this point.

~Rock

as someone said earlier, a lot has to do with if the correct number was signed for. In one tournament, I signed for the correct number, they posted a number 2 strokes lower. I called them, got that corrected and took myself out of the prize money. Had I not reviewed it and signed it, it would have been my bad (and a dq I believe) but since I signed the correct number and they mis-read a number on the card...it was able to be corrected. It is all about us as golfers reviewing and signing for the correct number.

If it was not signed, I am not sure there is room for a lot of the anger I am seeing in this thread from some people not even involved...but if it was signed there is a solid case if the correct number was signed for and yeah, you should get what you earned.

Ya the card was signed by us, and the twosome we played with as well.

They admitted it was their mistake. They think they entered a few numbers into the computer wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

what bothers me is......why doesn't/didn't the group who was paid your prize money do anything. I would have called the powers-that-be after (if) knowing I was mistakenly awarded someone else's prize money so I could return it. I mean where is any honor on that groups part to do the right thing?

Also, imo those responsible for the tourney should make it right. They should contact and get the prize money back from whom they paid the wrong prize to.

If this was a charity thing and not a place that is not practical nor easy to get to and go through the troubles, Id tell them to get the money from those who were wrongfully awarded it and then donate it to the charity on your behalf and aks for some proof/receipt etc.. to make sure it was done.

Bottom line is that someone else has your prize money and imo they and the tourney powers should all make it right. If me in charge I would make it right. And if me who rightfully won the prize at very least if its not in my hands then I want to know its put it in the hands of the charity. One or the other is the only acceptable thing imo.

Ya the card was signed by us, and the twosome we played with as well.

They admitted it was their mistake. They think they entered a few numbers into the computer wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

makes all the difference right there and should result in them awarding at worst duplicate prize to the people they mis-awarded and you. Not real sure they can take the wrong one back...that is their problem. but they should definitely make it right for you guys. Part of the responsibility of putting on events like that is making sure everything is aboveboard.

Back