What's at the top of your golf bucket list?

Travel trip with the AZTHP group.

*I'm lookin' at you, Texas. :cool:

To play somewhere that will allow me to have my own caddie. No sharing them with anyone. And to have him tell me I need more club. Every shot.

A recent post by a member asking if he should play a course near a work trip had some responses along the lines of if it's on your bucket list you should do it.

So, what is at the top of your golf bucket list?

I guess mine would be playing a round at a course in the US.
Scotland, no question. Being able to play at the Old Course at St Andrews would be my ultimate golf bucket list day.

Today is "opening day" for our course, so 1st on the bucket list is to get the 8" of snow melted so we can play here haha. Top otherwise would be to play at the Bandon Dunes courses in the US or a golfing tour of Ireland and Scotland.

Number one on my bucket list would be make it into a THP event. From there, I don’t really have a bucket list, but I’m down for almost anything if I can afford it.

Play St. Andrews

I don’t have any that relate to courses. I just played in Hawaii, and that was the closest thing I had to a bucket list item that involved a location.

I suppose my top bucket list items would be making it into The Grandaddy or The Morgan Cup and to break 90. I’m not sure which of those is more likely at this point.

1. Pebble, played everything else on my list
2. Granddaddy
3. HIO

1.) Has to be playing Augusta
2.) Ireland/Scotland trip
3.)Barnbougle Dunes (hoping to do this one in the next 2-3 years)

Pinehurst
Wild Dunes - Links course
Hilton Head - Heron Point

St Andrews old course backwards

Scotland

Pinehurst area
Pebble area incl Pasatiempo
Bandon

Scotland
Scotland
Scotland

Mine is a long list, but Pebble, Cyprus, and Spyglass would be 1-3

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I believe someday soon I will play Pebble Beach. My dream is Old Course at St. Andrews. I am kind of lucky that I have a hole in one and have played the courses at Bandon. Which is golf nirvana.

TPC Sawgrass, Bethpage Black, Winged Foot, Ocean Course Kiawah Island, Pebble Beach, Ross Bridge, Bandon Dunes etc.. Its my ultimate dream to play in the US. Its gonna cause me a fortune though...exchange rate is **** nowadays. My dad has played at some nice courses in the US. Funny story he told me once was he and his friend were rejected to play in this club cause it was for "Jews only". hahaha. This was ages ago. I dont know if those kind of clubs still exist over at he US of A...

I don’t think I have a huge dream to play pretty much all the courses that you guys have listed. I think mostly my bucket list would be for my buddies and I to do a golf trip out of state either to the Carolinas or out west. As awesome as all those courses are, I’d rather take a trip and be able to enjoy golf with friends. I wouldn’t want to play Bandon by myself or any bucket course for that matter.
The other thing would be is to play in/win the local MET, but I need time to practice and actually play for that.

I do have many wishes (which are golf related for sure). First of all - How to practice golf at home. I just have finished reading https://cybercaddie.com/practicing-golf-at-home/ about that and I guess it's time to read something else. The second one is - how to fix my golf shots. This problem is really painful for me and I wish I will be able to fix it before any serious game of mine. Third one - is to update my gear. Taylormade P790 Irons seem pretty good as for me. Let's make it my #3 in my list.

Last edited:
Scotland is number one and New Zealand is next on the list. I’ve got a buddy who happens to be an avid golfer that grew up in NZ and he and his wife are retiring there so we are planning on going to visit them for a few weeks in 2023.

The Old Course at St Andrews, of course.

Also right up there with that is Coeur D'Alene. I've always been fascinated with that floating green.

I made it a goal to play every public golf course in the Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand area. It's only a 5.5 hour drive, so it's pretty easy to sneak away for a weekend and get a round in. I only started this goal last year, so it's definitely a work in progress.... I'm doing the same with Hilton Head, but I don't have too many left because that is a much easier goal lol.

Back