What's been the highlight of your season?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
For some of us poor saps the season is winding down and it got me thinking what the highlights of my season were. Unfortunately the golf itself wasn't anything memorable but I think getting my kids out on the course a little more this year was probably one of the biggest highlights. It was fun spending time with them doing something that has been such a big part of my life for so long.

So how about you all? What have been the biggest highlights of 2019's season?

Easy one here, meeting seven great THPers, JB, and all the Odyssey crew during the Odyssey Experience at Hammock Beach.

2019 Has been a great golf year for me but I would have to say my highlight was watching @Wildcat4life and @j_sizzle9 play alt shot on the back 9 in Savanna for the Ultimate Titliest event.

Breaking 40 for nine holes in my first round after returning from a 7 week layoff (didn’t pick up a club) because of a back injury.

Morgan Cup hands down.

Personal Best score 1st round out this year, followed by two more.
Finally taking a lesson, and seeing huge gainz from it!

Hands down getting selected for the Grandaddy!!!!

Watching my daughter improve and get to play in a few varsity high school matches as a freshman. She is my youngest and my last hope for a fellow golf nut in the family!

Distance with Srixon was simply amazing being in Vegas made for a crazy good time. Meals- awesome
Company- even better
Noelle & Zach - above and beyond fun, gracious and generous
The Golf - some good, some less than good, okay more less than good.

That and the golf I got to play with @PKorf at his member guest was a freaking blast!

Then a couple weeks ago multiple rounds with @j_sizzle9, @McLovin, @Ottawaclo, and my roommate from the 2018 Morgan Cup the big spoon of our room @jdtox.

It doesn’t get any better than that, but I’ve got one more important round set up for the end of the month where some buddies and I are playing in an ALS benefit tournament in honor of our dear friend diagnosed last summer.

It’s been beyond blessed from the golf and company this year. I’m grateful for the golf I got to play and the company and friends in all those rounds will be my favorite memories of golf this year.

Tough one.

Sunday at CDA is up there.
Winning my first tournament is up there.
Getting my handicap to 15.

But playing with THPers 4 different times is probably the top

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It has been a great year with a few things that stand out for me. My trip to Hammock Beach for the Odyssey Experiences and the guys I met there was just fantastic it will be hard to beat that for me.

Having my wife get into the game has been great. She has come along way and we love going to go play together. And now the grandkids are all in lessons so we have a lot of family fun with that.

The friends I have made here in Tucson from being on THP can’t be beat. I love playing golf with @Wildcat4life and @MagicSpell ,@phoffer ,@Roadrunner those days make me smile!

Still have almost 3 months left in my "season", but thus far it has been shooting back to back under par rounds (both 1 under par 71s) for the first time ever.

I'll add another one, shooting under par for 9 holes in league. It was the first time I've ever been under par for a full 9 holes.

It may not sound like much, but I had 9 birdies this year. That's the highlight!

Dave
That sounds like a great highlight!

Just playing again after years of not playing was a highlight but watching my ball striking progress over the last four months has been great. It was nice to see my handicap fall to where it is today (7), now if I can get my short game in shape maybe I can get back to where I was in college (2) 35+ years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm with aggie - playing again after a couple decades. The thrills and disappointment, the beautiful days, the camaraderie, getting my wife into it, the time not thinking about work, all of it. It's such a great game, and I had no idea how much I missed it.

As for on the course highlight - a couple months ago everything was clicking and I shot a 67 on a 7000+ 74.3/139. My memory sucks, but I don't think I'll forget that anytime soon.

Being my first full season I have two highlights: I have broken 100 once and I have been able to play at least once a week.

This has been the most golf I’ve played in a calendar year. Scored my personal best 3 times in a row on my home course, proving that all this effort is starting to pay off. And I got my first ever hole in one.

It will be tough trying to top all of that in 2020. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One would be the 84 I shot about a month and a half ago. The other has been finding the THP forums. Golf has become a real passion for me, I think it is very cool that I found a place where I can share it with so many like minded people.

My short game returning to its form. Put in lots of work over the year to get it this way and it’s starting to pay off .

Season is definitely over for me considering the amount of snow we got over the weekend, but the highlight of my year is easily the Small Batch Experience with Project X where I got to meet @Tenputt, @AnthonyC, @Jman, @Space Bandito, @DB TT, @GolferGal, @JB and the rest of the True Sports team.

That was absolutely amazing. THP events are like NOTHING else.

Back