What's been the highlight of your season?

My highlight this season was shooting 3 under in a front 9 at Osprey in Boca Raton, but at the same time it ended up being my biggest disappointment. Heading into he 15th hole and still 3 under. I ended up bogeying the last 4 holes and finished +1 for my round and still haven’t broken par. Sigh!

Reactions: KEV
So far it has been a PB 48 on 9 holes. It was fun to put together a good run, for me, and know that I can still do better.

Off the course, it was July 17th, the day that I got that amazing PM saying that I was a member of Team THP for the Grandaddy.

The highlight of my season has been the entire year. From getting down in to the single digits of my handicap, to partaking in my first ever THP event (and then a second one), to breaking 80 for the first time, to holing out for eagle on a par 4 for the first time, to having less than 150 in to a par 5 (@Alez367 can vouch for this), to meeting and playing rounds with THPers…..this year of golf has been one that I will not soon forget.

Being selected to captain the best group of guys ever in the greatest event ever.

Nothing fantastic for me. #1 every years is always enjoying time, successes, and laughs with family, friends and THPers on the course. #2 is more selfish. After 40+ years of chasing it, I finally got my cap under 10 this season.

It really is a tie for me. I had about the best 30 days in golf you could ever wish for! In May, I went one on one with the great one... @MichiganGripRip in The Sweep presented by Budget Golf! It was truly insane! All expenses paid trip to Chicago, a chance to win 60 seconds grabbing anything off the shelves at Budget Golf, 18 holes at Mistwood Golf Club, Chicago deep dish pizza, chocolate cake shakes, met some of the nicest people you could ever meet @JB , @GolferGal, @Ryan_BudgetGolf , Dave, Todd, Bromer, and all the awesome people at BG!
Then, in June, I was able to be apart of the Ben Hogan Experience in Nashville, TN! 3 days at Gaylord Springs Golf Links, great food, amazing equipment, and a legendary competition with Team @JB - @LLIB , @jbuck31 , @OhioGolfer , captained by @e1iterate vs Team @BHGtylerb - @Qwkz51 , @Jrt13 , myself, captained by @JDax . Between Bill hitting miraculous shots, Tyler and Carl bombing the ball, Mike and Dax about to come to fisticuffs, and JB saying one of the best insults ever on a golf course to OG... oh, and a overtime sudden death playoff with a golf cart wreck.... it was an awesome weekend!

And a great time it was on that first half and being able to follow along with the second half adventure

I've had a few great moments this year.

At the top is the Bridgestone Championship. Great course with a great group of guys and just fun all the way around.

Next would be putting up my best score yet in our club championship. Still not close to my best scores of the year but it did show some real improvement so I'll take it.

Joining team young guys for our club Jimbo Cup. We got smoked but it was an absolute blast.

Always on the list is the Invitational at my home course. Three days of good fun and some golf are always a great time.

Mine is really simple.

Restarting golf 2 months ago and playing again for the first time in 15 years.

Being around THP'ers at events again.

For real.

Shooting a legit 82. At the time I was a 26 hcp (I'm at 22.6 now). Everything seemed to be working for me that day.I made par on 5 straight holes (5-9) and had a seemingly impossible recovery shot on the par 3 10th (in jail like no ones business). I hit, prayed and watched it miss every low hanging branch bounce on to the green and settle about 6 feet from the cup. One putt for par and I just knew that the rest of the day was going to be exceptional. The putter was on fire (my second round out with the Stroke Lab ONE). I made so many long par and bogey putts that day.

So far, it's been the round of my life. Hoping to repeat it before the season is up.

Breaking 100 11 times, two rounds with two birdies, and shooting 44 for 9 holes on my home course.

Even though I already posted in this thread, another big highlight occurred this past Saturday. 2 eagles in one round!

A new highlight for me as well. Played my nemesis hole this weekend and came withing 3" of a chip in birdie, for a tap in par.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

For me, it was breaking 80 for the first time back in June (shot a 77). Icing on the cake was chipping in on 18 for birdie. Haven't been able to play all that often this year with a one year old at home, but I felt like a sub-80 round was coming this year, especially following an 82 the round prior that included two double bogeys. That 77 was a round I won't soon forget.

Runner up moment - a local course I grew up playing on closed down this spring. The 9th hole was a 180+ yard par 3 with an elevated tee box on a cliff, and you had to carry a lake to reach the green, which was narrow side-to-side and deep front-to-back. I've pared it a handful of times, but never had a GIR (always had to get up-and-down for my par). In my last round at this course before it closed down, I stuffed a smooth 7 iron to about 10 feet and birdied. Kind of a cool moment on the signature hole on this course the final time I got to play it.

Last edited:
Well my golf game itself was definitely not my highlight this year, but I do have a couple:

#1 is definitely playing in the Budget Golf Championship at Coeur d'Alene. My first official THP event, hopefully not the last, and what a fantastic weekend! The golf course was amazing, but it still took a back seat to the great people I got to spend the weekend with.

#2, and a close second at that, was the Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux. My first unofficial THP event, we played three really good golf courses, finishing up at Edgewood Tahoe, an incredibly great group of guys, my golf game kind of sucked, and it really didn't matter.

I had a few memorable moments this year:

(1.) Seeing my wife able to walk 18 holes in over 3 years after having painful foot surgery each of the past 2 years
(2.) Having my wife call me a week after (1.) announcing she shot her personal best 87. She was almost in tears after 2 years of turmoil.
(3.) Getting my 6th hole in one on a day I could barely hold onto club with my right hand due to a pinched nerve in my neck and followed up a week later with my first putted eagle. Had a few other chances o we the years but always choked.
(4.) Lastly, in our end of season Ryder Cup event at my club beating my close friend in singles 7&5 after he was trash talking me all week how he was going to bury me. It was a quiet round ?!

Even though I already posted in this thread, another big highlight occurred this past Saturday. 2 eagles in one round!
Nice!!!

It's been awesome seeing all of these great moments for everyone. It's been a pretty great year for a lot of people.

Years from now I would prob say getting a HIO. But I think shooting 40 in the front 9 has been the highlight even thought I crap the bed the back 9 with a 49.

I was fortunate enough to play a member/guest at Forest Highlands in Flagstaff. The Canyon Course there is in my top 5 favorite courses I've ever played, including Pebble, Spyglass, Troon North in Scottsdale and Annbriar here in the STL area.

Winning my Club Championship for second year in a row.
Huge for me. Represented THP with the hat.

8e13ff5850ca727e8a7ede11a8ed6c9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

haha, showed this post to my ex-girlfriend, and she never says congrats, she just says, "why is your jacket so wrinkly?" lol

Back