What's been the highlight of your season?

Orange sweet rolls.

i have a feeling playing next week in the true temper event might be at the top...will get back to you on that one.

Reactions: KEV
Getting to play Firestone with a mate last week.

Being a part of The Ben Hogan Experience was amazing, got to meet a ton of great people and got a ton of great equipment.

Tied my low 9 hole score (-2)

Had my furthest hole out

Getting to play Scioto Country Club

Not a lot to work with, with only 45 holes played and 18 of those a scramble. OTOH, I may actually be in town on a Thursday, without a Friday deadline, and so may get to play in my indoor league, so the season is not yet over.

The biggest bright spot was that I determined to strive to make the same swing every swing - that is, to trust the general consistency of my swing, and not to try to adjust this shot's swing based on the results of the last shot. I had been thinking this for a while, but I was moved to action after a post by Rusty Dave making the same argument. To quote the Jman, I wanted to eliminate a source of variation in my game.

It worked out well, but most effectively in my shorter clubs (8i-LW) and full/partial shots from 140 yards in. I resolved to trust the clubs and my swing, and I was rewarded much more often than I was not. Considering how infrequently I played this season, I'm calling that a success.

Last edited:
successfully organizing and coordinating my first charity golf outing and raising $12,000+ for cancer research in the process.

bandon trip with my buddy was a VERY close 2nd.
That is VERY cool!!! Well done and thank you for doing that.

The round I played at Wailea Emerald on Maui this week for my anniversary trip. The views were incredible, I always enjoy spending time on the course with my wife, and my swing decided to show up.

The round I played at Wailea Emerald on Maui this week for my anniversary trip. The views were incredible, I always enjoy spending time on the course with my wife, and my swing decided to show up.

Congrats on all of that! I'm more envious that you and your wife golf together than the fact it was in Maui. And I'm plenty envious of that.

Congrats on all of that! I'm more envious that you and your wife golf together than the fact it was in Maui. And I'm plenty envious of that.

I’m lucky that she played a bit in high school, so was up for coming out and playing when I first got back into golf after we got together. We usually play together every week. She’s gotten a lot better this year, and can put up stretches of bogey/par golf here and there.

In return, I took up skiing in the winter.

Couple of highlights for me

1 - The annual gathering of the UK crowd - always a good time when we get together
2 - Finishing as the top scorer for our club in the league season
3 - Getting my handicap down to single figures

Just quoting myself to add a further highlight to my list

Shooting a new PB of 74 (+2) last weekend

This has been a very boring year golf wise. The only thing was really not done in one 18 hole round. It was two nine hole rounds that were back to back. One on Monday and one on the next day I played the following Wednesday. I shot 38-39 77 which is my age now, but when I shot it I had not had my 77th birthday. I was a month short. Have not come close since in an 18 hole round.

I been thinking about this for a while and honestly I havnt had one. Its been a struggle this year with only a few rounds below 90

Annual trip to Wis Dells with my brother and 2 best golfing buddies. One is a career 105 shooter, and he shot 95 one round! Was so fun to see him play well, and we won 16-9 points that day

Playing with Pudge Rodríguez in April in Dallas sure was fun too!

had shoulder surgery Aug 26th Looking forward to swinging my clubs again soon!

Both of us retiring, moving to NC to play year round golf, having golf lessons with someone who I am very comfortable with, getting as fit as I ever have been, loosing some beef from the body and being lighter than I have been in over 30 years, playing 3/4 times a week with golf practice 5/6 days a week and recently buying a Mustang. But to cap it all, playing 1 over par and recording my lowest ever score of 73.

It's been a very abbreviated season for me. I only got to play about 20+ holes. First, the weather didn't co-operate, my car accident (broken ribs, etc.). Then, a new job. I AM going to play this Thursday, 9 holes. Where I'll be able to show that my slice off the tee is GONE! That's the only real good thing that was a plus for me this season. That, plus ribs are finally ok!

For me it has to be shooting my career best, a -7 65 with no bogies! That and my 7th and 8th Holes-in-One!

For me it has to be shooting my career best, a -7 65 with no bogies! That and my 7th and 8th Holes-in-One!
I hope I'm like you when I get old. Er, I mean older :ROFLMAO:.

For some of us poor saps the season is winding down and it got me thinking what the highlights of my season were. Unfortunately the golf itself wasn't anything memorable but I think getting my kids out on the course a little more this year was probably one of the biggest highlights. It was fun spending time with them doing something that has been such a big part of my life for so long.

So how about you all? What have been the biggest highlights of 2019's season?

Mine is easily going to be from Dec. 2-6 in California for the Grandaddy. For now, it's the day that I got the PM saying I got in and all the time getting to know my teammates. Nothing else even comes particularly close.

You young whippersnappers are all alike! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Tie for me, taking lessons and seeing my scores drop dramatically and finally I quit lurking and joined this great experience called THP! ?
Had to update my response to include my receiving @JB s Mizunos for Christmas. ;)

Highlight of my year was a golf trip y son and I took to Colorado. The first day we both broke 80 I shot a 77 he shot a 76. The second day we both broke 80 again I shot a 76 he shot a 1 under 71 with 5 birdies on the back 9. It was the first time to see him break par. Love watching him golf.

Back