Lobster Bisque Appetizer;
Lamb roast;
Spiral cut ham;
Green Bean Casserole;
Brussels Sprouts;
Carmelized Onions;
Deviled Eggs;
Wine;
Milk and/or Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice for the kids.

There's a couple of other things but I can't remember what at the moment.

Lobster Bisque Appetizer;
Lamb roast;
Spiral cut ham;
Green Bean Casserole;
Brussels Sprouts;
Carmelized Onions;
Deviled Eggs;
Wine;
Milk and/or Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice for the kids.

There's a couple of other things but I can't remember what at the moment.

Sounds good. When's dinner? I'll head your way tomorrow afternoon and be there in time to open gifts and then have dinner. I just hope Santa can find me to deliver my gifts.

I believe my mom will be making a ham, some potatoes and pudding pie. A pretty simple dinner. I don't have to cook so it will be fine with me.

Not too tough a meal; the lamb is in a crock pot and the ham is pre-cooked so all we have to do is heat it up. The only thing we really have to watch is the onions. The appetizer is pre-made and we got it at Sam's Club!

I don't have all the details yet, but it will be Prime Rib, probably with mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, deviled eggs, and approximately 18 other side dishes, followed by more cakes, pies, cookies than humanly possibly to eat.

Turkey with mom's cornbread stuffing and all the fixins will follow the next night.

Next night is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, black-eyed peas, and cornbread.

I'm not sure what's on tap for New Year's, but definitely hoppin' john for good luck.

(If you don't have a Southern Mom, I highly recommend that you pick one up.)

Oh, and Dad will grill up some steaks somewhere in there too. Mom takes care of the baked potatoes, salads, and grilled mushrooms.

I'm on dish duty.

Turkey!

SIL does Christmas, and she has an apartment-sized kitchen with a stove that doesn't work right. Could be anything, so long as it doesn't need to be really hot.

Then again, Hubby's family drinks heavily and is usually fighting by the time we sit down to dinner, so it doesn't much matter.

I get to do Christmas Eve. Hubby likes a turkey, but it's just the four of us this year, so it will be a roast chicken with the traditional turkey sides.

Mystery restaurant...I didn't make the reservations nor do I even know where we're going...

But we're putting up $250+ for the room, so wherever it is, I'm going to splurge and live it up!

Report to come later...:eat:

Mystery restaurant...I didn't make the reservations nor do I even know where we're going...

But we're putting up $250+ for the room, so wherever it is, I'm going to splurge and live it up!

Report to come later...:eat:

Just wondering how long you two have been together? I mean $250 for a hotel room is kind of expensive. I've been with my wife for 7 years and don't know that I'd spend that much on a room for us. Maybe just me but not us. :eek: :beat-up:

Just wondering how long you two have been together? I mean $250 for a hotel room is kind of expensive. I've been with my wife for 7 years and don't know that I'd spend that much on a room for us. Maybe just me but not us. :eek: :beat-up:

In about two weeks, it will be one year.

This year was a toughie, I dropped EVERYTHING to move here with him, including seeing my family on Christmas. In the move and its costs, my birthday and pretty much everything else went unnoticed. I completely supported him studying for his law test and not working - he just got a nice job starting right after the new year.

So all things considered, I think we're justified in taking a couple days to get away and splurge on ourselves a bit. A hotel would've been $150+ anyway, so what's an extra $100 (about one day's work) to have a big suite, jacuzzi, and riverwalk balcony view? I'm pretty sure at the end of my life I'm not going to look back and say, "wow, I wish I hadn't spent that."

In about two weeks, it will be one year.

This year was a toughie, I dropped EVERYTHING to move here with him, including seeing my family on Christmas. In the move and its costs, my birthday and pretty much everything else went unnoticed. I completely supported him studying for his law test and not working - he just got a nice job starting right after the new year.

So all things considered, I think we're justified in taking a weekend to get away and splurge on ourselves a bit. A hotel would've been $150+ anyway, so what's an extra $100 (about one day's work) to have a big suite, jacuzzi, riverwalk view? I'm pretty sure at the end of my life I'm not going to look back and say, "wow, I wish I hadn't spent that."

I was joking about spending that money. I would gladly spend it on my wife. I was just trying to make a joke so I didn't seem as nosey asking how long you two had been together.

I was joking about spending that money. I would gladly spend it on my wife. I was just trying to make a joke so I didn't seem as nosey asking how long you two had been together.

Hahaha, OK Bogey:

In about two weeks, it will be one year. :smile:

Standing Rib Roast
Garlic Mashed Potatos
Roasted Winter Root Veg
Creamed Greens
Misc Appys
Plenty of wine, beer and spirtits
Lots of B^%!S^(@!@ing
and a great time

Happy Holidays to all here.

My mom made Cheesy Manicotti. That will go along with all the little tasty appetizers at my family Christmas party.

I knew I was forgetting things: Mashed Potatoes and homemade eggnog. Good stuff that eggnog is!

I knew I was forgetting things: Mashed Potatoes and homemade eggnog. Good stuff that eggnog is!

I used to love eggnog, but I got the flu right after I drank it onetime, so I get really scared every time I drink it now, never tastes the same anymore.

I used to love eggnog, but I got the flu right after I drank it onetime, so I get really scared every time I drink it now, never tastes the same anymore.

I hate that....there are a few foods that I used to love but got sick right after eating them and now I can't even look at them, the thought just makes me feel sick.

I hate that....there are a few foods that I used to love but got sick right after eating them and now I can't even look at them, the thought just makes me feel sick.

Exactly! There are two for me: Eggnog and these Triangle shaped Halloween candies that are black, orange, and white.

Candy Corn are too good to pass up.

Did you have the good eggnog, or the non-alcoholic eggnog? There's a difference! LOL

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My wife puts together a batch you'd trample over your mother for!

For me it's bugles...the cone shaped things you can put on your fingers and orange juice with pulp. The orange juice was more my fault back in my college years. It was a recipe for disaster....1 part OJ with pulp, 1 part vodka, 1 part hot sun = 1 very sick Golfer Gal

Back