What's for Dinner? Christmas Edition.

cheers small!!!!!!

I am not a fan of the eggnog, I just throw back the cold ones

Thanks DDB! Getting ready for #4. I wonder how long I can keep an accurate count?

Thanks DDB! Getting ready for #4. I wonder how long I can keep an accurate count?

it's called the sharpie my man... roll that sleeve up and go to town

I'm amazed you still can! Jacqui must make them pretty weak.

PNW Fruitcake??

PNW Fruitcake??

So Harry--

Does anyone actually EAT aplets and cotlets, or do they just pass the unopened box along to the next unsuspecting soul? I receive a box every year, and just toss it. Even the kids won't eat the stuff.

I'm amazed you still can! Jacqui must make them pretty weak.

Not really, just used small cups!

Does anyone actually EAT aplets and cotlets, or do they just pass the unopened box along to the next unsuspecting soul? I receive a box every year, and just toss it. Even the kids won't eat the stuff.

Jacqui likes fruitcake. But not the kind youget at Wal-Mart! I think she actually has a fruitcake recipe. I tell her it must be a British thing!

So Harry--

I don't know anyone who eats fruitcake.

Are aplets/coplets those gelatinous candy things in the fruitcake? They are gross.

Claire,

Familiar with Lutefisk? People gobbled it up, esp around Christmas, where i came from - it's raw fish soaked in lye.

LutefiskJelly.jpg

It may be, I'll never find out. I'm not adventurous when it comes to food. I have a long list of foods that I won't eat/try.

Amen to that, I'm a real picky eater. For me everyone is dumbfounded by this but: I don't like eggs.

It may be, I'll never find out. I'm not adventurous when it comes to food. I have a long list of foods that I won't eat/try.

Don't worry about it, I can't do it either, and I'll try even a small amount of almost anything.

I can only eat eggs with lots of ketchup or hot sauce. Eating them plain is just gross!

My ma does the ketchup thing - very strange. She always said it was a Canadian thing. Some foods just go together, eggs and tomatoes not so much!

I am not Canadian I just like ketchup on my eggs. My dad always ate it that way, I guess that's where I got it from. I love egg and tomato together, like an omlet with tomato and some other veggies...yum!

I am not Canadian I just like ketchup on my eggs. My dad always ate it that way, I guess that's where I got it from. I love egg and tomato together, like an omlet with tomato and some other veggies...yum!

Do you pour ketchup on your fried eggs like she does? You're right with omelets, I guess I didn't think of that when I thought of "eggs."

I can only eat eggs with lots of ketchup or hot sauce. Eating them plain is just gross!

Never ketchup (ketchup is only for burgers and fries), but often Tabasco. I love eggs.

And the discussion I've been having with my parents since I got home seems to fit in here:

I am a firm believer that meat should never . . . NEVER . . . be in loaf form.

Never ketchup (ketchup is only for burgers and fries), but often Tabasco. I love eggs.

And the discussion I've been having with my parents since I got home seems to fit in here:

I am a firm believer that meat should never . . . NEVER . . . be in loaf form.

I like Tabasco on eggs, in fact it's the only place I really like Tabasco, I prefer other hot sauces. As for meatloaf, I have never really been a fan, it's not terrible but I would never order it our and I don't make it at home.

I don't know anyone who eats fruitcake.

Are aplets/coplets those gelatinous candy things in the fruitcake? They are gross.

They're standalone candies, a PNW speciality. But it's sort of like fruitcake fruit, in standalone form. I have a box in my kitchen if you're interested.

I know about Lutefisk only from Garrison Keillor. Never tried it, but gefilte fish in very small doses is okay.

Never liked ketchup/catsup, so in college I learned to put tabasco on everything. Definitely on omelets.

They're standalone candies, a PNW speciality. But it's sort of like fruitcake fruit, in standalone form. I have a box in my kitchen if you're interested.

I know about Lutefisk only from Garrison Keillor. Never tried it, but gefilte fish in very small doses is okay.

Never liked ketchup/catsup, so in college I learned to put tabasco on everything. Definitely on omelets.

Gefilte fish is definitely an acquired taste. I grew up eating it so I love it but I will admit it definitely doesn't look appetizing and the jelly it comes in is nasty!

We had King Ranch Casserole, which is always a treat. (a similar recipe to how Mom does it: http://southernfood.about.com/od/chickencasseroles/r/bl50615f.htm)

Along with it was some Ro-Tel queso dip, fresh chips and some local salsa. Wash it all down with a Dublin Dr Pepper. It was a great way to finish up the day (we managed to get in 12 holes before dark after my bro got off work)

We had King Ranch Casserole, which is always a treat. (a similar recipe to how Mom does it: http://southernfood.about.com/od/chickencasseroles/r/bl50615f.htm)

Along with it was some Ro-Tel queso dip, fresh chips and some local salsa. Wash it all down with a Dublin Dr Pepper. It was a great way to finish up the day (we managed to get in 12 holes before dark after my bro got off work)

I had a dublin dr. pepper when I was down in houston for a friends wedding, wow... that could bring me back to the darkside in a second (havent had regular soda in almost a year)

Back