What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
I stole this thread idea, and I'm not sure if I'll be talking to myself or not. Yeah, yeah, I do that a lot.

But I also love to cook. Except this week is almost like recycling week in the kitchen. It's round two of lentil soup I made two weeks ago and froze the leftovers. Added some pork and turkey sausage, plus some leftover mashed potatoes and let the crockpot have at it. Lentil soup is always better the second time around.

Homemade oatmeal/molasses bread, plus some sort of vegetable because I'm out of lettuce for the salad.

Or am I the only cook here?

Claire, I love to cook!

Tonight I am making some mango salsa fish taco's.... throw in some guac and this should be a nice meal.

Claire,
That is one of Golfer Gal's other passions and mine too. Wine and food go hand in hand. We actually have a private chef come over once a month to give her cooking lessons as well.

Tonight dinner is a treat. We ordered Lobels Steaks (www.lobels.com) online and today we are going to make them. They did SAME DAY SHIPPING so that we could have them by tonight. THat is great service.

By far the best steaks we have ever had. So today is a treat. TO go with that, we have a Pride Mountain Reserve Merlot that is as good as they come.

This thread is a great idea....Its now a sticky.

Oh hooray--I thought it would be pushy to ask for it to be a sticky.

My father-in-law is an Omaha Steaks kind of guy, but there's a enough good meat around here you don't need to mail order it.

Okay, I told Boo I was talking about her on line. Now I've got two kids looking over my shoulder and am ordered to include these smilies in my post: :starwars::zdance::zsimpsons::terror:

my mom is making salmon with some kind of tangy glaze. shes a pretty good cook, i can make most of the staple meals and some other stuff, but i am by no means a good "chef." my dad is a regional manager for a wine marketing company so that pretty much sums up my situation

Oh hooray--I thought it would be pushy to ask for it to be a sticky.

My father-in-law is an Omaha Steaks kind of guy, but there's a enough good meat around here you don't need to mail order it.

Okay, I told Boo I was talking about her on line. Now I've got two kids looking over my shoulder and am ordered to include these smilies in my post: :starwars::zdance::zsimpsons::terror:

Claire,
Remind me to tell you a story off the forum sometime about Omaha Steaks when I did some consulting work for them. Funny stuff. If you ever want to really splurge, give Lobels a try. It is like nothing you have ever eaten. I have been to some of the "best" steakhouses in the country. Peter Lugers, Gibsons, Berns, Mortons, etc... and nothing compares to Lobels.

Claire,
Remind me to tell you a story off the forum sometime about Omaha Steaks when I did some consulting work for them. Funny stuff. If you ever want to really splurge, give Lobels a try. It is like nothing you have ever eaten. I have been to some of the "best" steakhouses in the country. Peter Lugers, Gibsons, Berns, Mortons, etc... and nothing compares to Lobels.

I had the pleasure of meeting "Barefoot Contessa" a few weeks ago. She was signing books at a local William and Sonoma. She is an amazing cook!

Claire,

Tell away--it's not like no one here has ever threadjacked! :angel:

I confess to not being a huge steak eater. I'm getting ahead of myself but the leftover prime rib from Saturday night is going into tomorrow's beef stew. Hubby will shoot me for that.

I just checked out the Lobels site... I had to leave that site very fast! I'm a meat eater, it's what I do and those look simply amazing. May have to consider...

Tonight my favourite I hope.

Bread roll, some honey and lettuce leaves....honey rollover and lettuce on top. :D

Chicken Fajitas with bell peppers, swwe onions and mushrooms served with whole wheat tortillas. Staple food.... Perhaps a snifter of Jose Cuervo Reserva de la famila to wash it all down with......

Made a huge batch of Jambalalya this weekend. I'll have that with some nice buttered pumpernickel bread, a Newcastle Brown Ale, and Monday Night Football ... while wearing my new Callaway shoes. I'm all set, folks!

Im into cooking too, in fact I have cooking duties in the house every night. Im keeping it simple tonight with chicken, rice and black beans. I seem to eat one of the three everyday.

Tuesday -PUBLIX

Tuesday -PUBLIX

Gang: Enjoy Monday night. Wife already went to Church Dinner in city as their Music Dulcimer band will be playing.
. Tuesday night will be "A PLEASURE" as our New PUBLIX store finally was built here in Tennessee. Being from Florida they are on every street corner & HOliday sampler , Egg Nog , etc & Santa Photos for kids. Has been 3 years since in a Green accent color PUBLIX.
. Also heard a Trader Joes may be coming to Tenn .?:banana:

split!!!!!!good to see another TN guy on here. trader joes is coming, but i forgot the date that they hope to be opening. i am from florida also, ft. lauderdale to be exact. i do know what you mean by publix everywhere. i lived in weston and there were 4 publix's within a 5 mile radius.

We usually cook Sunday-Thursday but had to go out to the store tonight so it was a foot-long meatball marinara from Subway for me and a foot-long (half for lunch tomorrow) cold cut sandwich for her.

We usually cook Sunday-Thursday but had to go out to the store tonight so it was a foot-long meatball marinara from Subway for me and a foot-long (half for lunch tomorrow) cold cut sandwich for her.

So no Chef Boyardee?

Ok, so now I'm hungry. I worked at a Country Club for 4+ years under a chef and learned a lot! However, being a bachelor and living solo I don't cook so much. Only if I have company do I make a "meal". Normal dinner is usually something simple like a turkey sandwich, or a couple of chicken nuggets.

Homemade chicken enchiladas, avocado/tomato and onion salad and corn bread. All made with a healthy twist. I'm lucky, my wife is an excellent cook and can make something both healthy and yummy. Now if she'd only shop less......

Homemade chicken enchiladas, avocado/tomato and onion salad and corn bread. All made with a healthy twist. I'm lucky, my wife is an excellent cook and can make something both healthy and yummy. Now if she'd only shop less......

Save me a plate, I'm on my way....

(I've got to stop reading this thread, it's making me hungry)

Made a huge batch of Jambalalya this weekend. I'll have that with some nice buttered pumpernickel bread, a Newcastle Brown Ale, and Monday Night Football ... while wearing my new Callaway shoes. I'm all set, folks!

All good, but pumpernickel and jambalaya? No--have some of Gary's cornbread. Or my sourdough.

Ok, so now I'm hungry. I worked at a Country Club for 4+ years under a chef and learned a lot! However, being a bachelor and living solo I don't cook so much. Only if I have company do I make a "meal". Normal dinner is usually something simple like a turkey sandwich, or a couple of chicken nuggets.

You're welcome any time, Craig. Hubby would love some help with the dishes afterwards! (No, he's not a saint--it's either that or put the kids to bed, and he got first choice.)

You're welcome any time, Craig. Hubby would love some help with the dishes afterwards! (No, he's not a saint--it's either that or put the kids to bed, and he got first choice.)

Sweet!! My Mom still can't get over the fact I usually do the dishes at their place the few times a year I eat with them.

Funny thing is I'll usually make a big pot of spaghetti sauce, chili, soup or something like that every couple months and freeze a bunch. When I thaw one out I usually end up eating it for a few days in a row, then I'll make a chicken dish or something, and end up eating that for 2-3 days...see the pattern yet? So basically I cook once a week, then end up warming stuff up the rest of the week. Simple, easy, low maintence....just the way I like it!!

All good, but pumpernickel and jambalaya? No--have some of Gary's cornbread. Or my sourdough.

Agreed, the pumpernickel is not the best choice, but this place around the corner sells a great one.

Cornbread would be the call! Gary, send that recipe along!

Agreed, the pumpernickel is not the best choice, but this place around the corner sells a great one.

Cornbread would be the call! Gary, send that recipe along!

My wife is one of those weird cooks that rarely follows a recipie. She might have one but winds up changing it in someway, usually in a positive way. Me, on the other hand, am the pancake maker and BBQer in the house. You do NOT want me to touch anything else. Believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back