What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight it was lasagna and caesar salad for dinner. Now I have to start planning the menu for Sunday's Grey Cup Party.....looking forward to cooking for a crowd :twist:

Ya'll are killing me, I had a microwave Sante Fe style rice and beans "dinner"(if you want to call it that), I'd settle for Gary's pancakes right now, hehe. I am going to bed

Tonight was bad Chinese food, nobody felt like cooking (we didn't get home until nearly 8)

Tomorrow night, I'll be doing up some country style pork ribs on the grill, and I'll have to come up with a side. I'm thinking of some roasted new potatoes with an herb sauce or something, plus a salad. We'll see how it plays out...

I'll usually make a big pot of spaghetti sauce, chili, soup or something like that every couple months and freeze a bunch. When I thaw one out I usually end up eating it for a few days in a row, then I'll make a chicken dish or something, and end up eating that for 2-3 days...see the pattern yet? So basically I cook once a week, then end up warming stuff up the rest of the week. Simple, easy, low maintence....just the way I like it!!

Back in my bachelor days I ate LOT of frozen pizza! Good crappy cardboard. Delicious!

My wife is one of those weird cooks that rarely follows a recipie. She might have one but winds up changing it in someway, usually in a positive way.

Recipes are just suggestions.

Funny thing is I'll usually make a big pot of spaghetti sauce, chili, soup or something like that every couple months and freeze a bunch. When I thaw one out I usually end up eating it for a few days in a row, then I'll make a chicken dish or something, and end up eating that for 2-3 days...see the pattern yet? So basically I cook once a week, then end up warming stuff up the rest of the week. Simple, easy, low maintence....just the way I like it!!

That works. Just package it in single-serving sizes before you freeze it, so you can eat something different every night. Probably too much to suggest you buy freezer tape and label/date what you freeze, but that helps, too.

Back in my bachelor days I ate LOT of frozen pizza! Good crappy cardboard. Delicious!
I try to stay away from frozen pizza, and fast food as well.
That works. Just package it in single-serving sizes before you freeze it, so you can eat something different every night. Probably too much to suggest you buy freezer tape and label/date what you freeze, but that helps, too.

That would involved me planning out dinner, easier to just fill a Gladware container and eat the same thing for 3 days. And a sharpie works just fine on the lid of those..hehehe. Besides, I am just going to start randomly showing up at everyones door with some silverware, a plate, and a smile.:smile-big:

I am just going to start randomly showing up at everyones door with some silverware, a plate, and a smile.:smile-big:

Hey, come on by! You cook, right? Cause I don't. But I'd love whatever you dish up, you can even use my pots and utensils.

Hey, come on by! You cook, right? Cause I don't. But I'd love whatever you dish up, you can even use my pots and utensils.

Kind of defeats the purpose if I have to cook, but for you...I can do that.:eat:

Let's see if I get on the road now I might be able to be there by dinner tomorrow...about 200 bucks in gas another 100 for a hotel....think I'll just microwave something

Kind of defeats the purpose if I have to cook, but for you...I can do that.:eat:

Let's see if I get on the road now I might be able to be there by dinner tomorrow...about 200 bucks in gas another 100 for a hotel....think I'll just microwave something

Well, alright then! I can live with that!

Well, alright then! I can live with that!

You could have atleast offered the guy a bed or a couch to sleep on if he is going to come cook for you.

I think tonight we are having a meatloaf. The store already had it prepared all we have to do it throw it in the oven. :alien2: I don't think I can screw it up to badly. It won't be like mom's meatloaf but I guess it will have to do. Now for something to have with it. :confused2:

Im going to go on record and say there is nothing better than meatloaf. I loved it as a kid and we grew apart for a few years, but I refound my love for it when I visited a Bob Evans this last summer. Now I cant stop ordering it when I go out to dinner. The question is, Ketchup or Gravy?

You could have atleast offered the guy a bed or a couch to sleep on if he is going to come cook for you.

I think her man may have a problem with that one. However, if they are ever in VA dinner is on me.
I think tonight we are having a meatloaf. The store already had it prepared all we have to do it throw it in the oven. :alien2: I don't think I can screw it up to badly. It won't be like mom's meatloaf but I guess it will have to do. Now for something to have with it. :confused2:
MMM....Meatloaf. Use to hate it when I was a kid. I was at my granparents house many years ago and I wouldn't eat the meatloaf they had served, so my Italian grandfather(RIP) gets up from the table grabs some spaghetti sauce and slops it on my meatloaf and says, "now it's a meatball, eat it". Now it is one of my specialties, with BBQ sauce and woodchuck draft cider as my "secret" ingredients.

Last edited:

Of course he can sleep on my couch! I might even Febreeze it first.

I think her man may have a problem with that one. However, if they are ever in VA dinner is on me.

I do have relatives in Virginia - Richmond.

The question is, Ketchup or Gravy?

Gravy - there's already ketchup in it.

I think I've only ever had it with ketchup on it. I never thought to put the gravy on it along with the potatoes. Sounds like a good idea for tonight. :alien2:

I think I've only ever had it with ketchup on it. I never thought to put the gravy on it along with the potatoes. Sounds like a good idea for tonight. :alien2:

My mom always put tomatoe sauce on it, but ive noticed a lot of places put gravy on it. It makes it healthier:act-up:

My mom always put tomatoe sauce on it, but ive noticed a lot of places put gravy on it. It makes it healthier:act-up:

Gravy is healthier? :confused2:

Some of the best meatloaf I've had outside of mom's kitchen was at Cracker Barrel. It was very good. I wanted to try something different there and I got it and I was very pleased.

I think we're having Lamb Chops with a Lobster Bisque appetizer tonight. Unless she put the lamb roast in the crock pot this morning. Either way, I think it's lamb!

Gravy is healthier? :confused2:

Some of the best meatloaf I've had outside of mom's kitchen was at Cracker Barrel. It was very good. I wanted to try something different there and I got it and I was very pleased.

There is absolutely nothing healthy at Cracker Barrel. (Fat is what makes food taste good, at least for most Americans.)

Lamb Chops it is. Sure beats the meatball sandwich from last night!
eat.gif

We had friends over for dinner last night--Dad and two kids (Mom was away on business). So I made a big ol' batch of spaghetti, and guest Dad said it was even better than his. Hooray for me!

The frustrating part is that I love to make bread and I really love to eat homemade bread. But my kids love what Pillsbury calls "French loaf," and I call "bread in a can." Hot, round Wonder Bread. Bleeccch.:sick:

Last night I took my mother and two cousins (from Ireland) to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse here in Boston. I enjoyed a nice USD Prime NY Strip (bone in, medium rare) with a side of asparagus. I threw in a bottle of Chateau Greysac (2004) and we were golden. For desert, a beautiful bread pudding topped with french vanilla bean ice cream... I enjoyed myself, unfortunately that was roughly half my paycheck

expanding on my post from above (thought it deserved a whole new box)... it will be Ramen for a weeks after that wonderful meal haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back