What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, you put a lot of thought into that, huh. :wink:
Just a bit. :D Actually, she and I talked about it and she told me she had been hurt a few times before, was insecure and had a hard time opening up and trusting men.
Like I said, she was a nice girl, had potential and I was in love with her, but I couldnt deal with her issues and insecurities. Id hoped she would get over it after a while, but it only got worse as she got to know me and I knew the only good choice was to tell her goodbye.
Life goes on. :confused2:
Dont feel too bad about not being much of a cook. Ive had a few girlfriends that werent much in the kitchen. Im sure you could learn and could be pretty amazing in the kitchen eventually.
In the case of my last 2 girlfriends, their moms were absolutely amazing cooks, but they had to work at it and when they first married their husbands, they were absolutely worthless in the kitchen and the meals for the first couple years were pretty bad.

I always want to blame it on living alone, or with just one other person...if you don't have a bunch of money it seems uneconomical to buy all these fresh ingredients for a meal, then throwing away most or never using them for anything else. I'm always really attracted to recipes that have 3, 4, or 5 ingredients and not a dozen.

Ive gotta find a woman who I can stand to be around before I can even think about her cooking for me every night. LOL I have a track record of attracting women who are psycho. :D

Way off topic, but a friend of mine used to insist we all attract the same sort of person, over and over, and it has to do with us.

He said this to me right after two guys with the identical profile tried to hit on me: each had been in a near-fatal car accident, had been in a coma for months, suffered permanent brain injury, and was going through a multi-year rehab. Oh, and as a result of this, each had discovered Jesus.

It really had me wondering what that said about me.

Back to the dinner discussion.

Way off topic, but a friend of mine used to insist we all attract the same sort of person, over and over, and it has to do with us.

Agreed! I think it's a mix that we're attracted to the same person and they're attracted to us. You can consciously break the pattern by being smart with your choice.

Agreed! I think it's a mix that we're attracted to the same person and they're attracted to us. You can consciously break the pattern by being smart with your choice.

That or our "game" only works on certain types.....:D

That or our "game" only works on certain types.....:D

I think men waste their game on crappy girls. All my awesomest, most beautiful, sweetest and most well rounded friends are all single or in crummy relationships. Girls I know that are fairly cute looking and have little to say and little to offer snag the greatest guys.

Girls waste their time on crappy guys all the same. I'll never understand my friends who stick with bad boys and losers who treat them badly.

It's like a job. Do you go for the one with growth and promotion potential, the job you're suited to and challenges you and has the best benefits package? Or do you take the first job that will hire you if you pass a p*ss test? Are you looking for a job or a career?

I think men waste their game on crappy girls. All my awesomest, most beautiful, sweetest and most well rounded friends are all single or in crummy relationships. Girls I know that are fairly cute looking and have little to say and little to offer snag the greatest guys.

Girls waste their time on crappy guys all the same. I'll never understand my friends who stick with bad boys and losers who treat them badly.

It's like a job. Do you go for the one with growth and promotion potential, the job you're suited to and challenges you and has the best benefits package? Or do you take the first job that will hire you if you pass a p*ss test? Are you looking for a job or a career?

That's because bumms like me know we can't land the hotties you hang out with so we go for the ones that are just ok.

I think it's going to be fast food tonight for dinner. Not sure if it will be McD's, Wendy's, Toxic Hell or some other place.

Nice way to get it back on track Bogey. And Julie you're taken, so I'll just remain "unemployeed"....

:tongue: I stick my tongue out at both of you. I could tell you why you're both wrong, but you don't want to know what women want, so I'll keep it to myself.

:tongue: I stick my tongue out at both of you. I could tell you why you're both wrong, but you don't want to know what women want, so I'll keep it to myself.

I'd like to know that. :call-me: and let me know. :wink:

Women want accountants in black leather.

Okay, when you've picked yourself up from the floor laughing at that one--we want the promise of danger and excitement but the reality of security and stability.

I have to hit the grocery store before there'll be any dinner in our house. I'm lazy and thinking meatloaf. Don't tell a certain someone; we've all heard that rant before.

Women want accountants in black leather.

Okay, when you've picked yourself up from the floor laughing at that one--we want the promise of danger and excitement but the reality of security and stability.

I have to hit the grocery store before there'll be any dinner in our house. I'm lazy and thinking meatloaf. Don't tell a certain someone; we've all heard that rant before.

The woman knows of what she speaks.

Claire, I miss my mama's meatloaf SOOOO much. Reminds me of home. :sad:

The woman knows of what she speaks.

My motto before I met Hubby: there are worse things in life than being single, and I've dated most of them.

Big progressive dinner this evening. The theme is "Arabian Nights," so middle eastern, probably. We got suckered into being the dessert house. 100+ of our closest friends, starting at 10:00 pm. I'm beginning to regret this decision.

Shepherd's Pie.

Tell me about it. Women seem to choose the badboy over the nice guy every time and it never made sense to me.
Ive noticed too that women seem to be turned on by a man who treats them like crap.
In the case of almost all my girlfriends, the way that I got their attention was by talking trash to them and giving them a hard time.
I really dont understand why this is. I definetly wouldnt put up with any woman treating me like that (one of the reasons why my last girlfriend and I arent together anymore).
I'll admit, Im the typical nice guy (buy flowers, opening doors, respectful to women, etc) and Id probably get the girl more often if I werent so nice, but its just not my nature. I cant be someone Im not and I just cant stand guys who treat their girlfriend/wife badly and I honestly could never do that. Ive had people comment to me that my problem with women is that Im too nice and maybe that is the case.
All of my past girlfriends have told me stories like what you describe, Julie. They dated guys who went out with their buddies on the weekends all the time and left them home alone, cheated on them, verbally abused them, in some cases physically abused them; yet they stayed with these guys for years, hoping that things would change.
Like I said, I just dont get it. Why put yourself in that situation? If you are in a relationship that isnt going anywhere and you dont feel valued and appreciated, why not just get out? :confused2: I dont see why anyone would allow themself to be treated like that.
Id rathar be single than to be in a relationship that isnt going anywhere and that I didnt think had the chance to last for the rest of my life.

My motto before I met Hubby: there are worse things in life than being single, and I've dated most of them.
I remember you telling me that one time on another golf forum. :cool:
Its definetly true. Even since I broke up with my last girlfriend, Ive never been so happy and relaxed.
Its kind sad, really that I wasnt all that bummed about it, but I guesss that tells me a lot about the kind of relationship it was and shows me that I made the right decision. :confused2:
Oh well, life goes on. It just leaves more time and money for golf and snowmobiling.
Whats funny is that as much as Id like to have a girlfriend and a wife/kids someday; everyone I know who is married is always telling me, "enjoy being single while you can because before long, you will have a wife and kids and you wont be able to enjoy all the things you do now."

Claaaaaaireeee....

Claaaaaaireeee....

You would come on here and not update us at all on your progressive dinner.

I'll admit, Im the typical nice guy (buy flowers, opening doors, respectful to women, etc) and Id probably get the girl more often if I werent so nice, but its just not my nature.

It's not that at all. You're probably comparing two different variables: manners are great but can't replace everything else. Having manners and not getting the girl are not directly* related.

(*Directly is not the word I'm looking for, but I can't think right now, I'm stuffed up in the head and sick.)

Perhaps a problem is that nice guys don't make girls feel chased, desired, give them that thrill. They're too available, too doormat-y, and it's not really fun.

I have myself a nice guy that I found, I asked out, I did everything for. Now we're together and all, and he's still nice, but it's tough knowing that he's never really been fired up about being with me and that he wouldn't even be with me had I not done everything...yeah, that's my great love story. Great, isn't it.

The guy who says "maybe I'll call" and you wait the whole time nervously and at the end of that third day he does call...that's a butterfly moment. Knowing he's busy and has his own life but that he makes time for you is exciting. If he has no life but the one centered on you, what about that makes it seem like he as a lot to offer? Harsh maybe but the way it is.

You would come on here and not update us at all on your progressive dinner.

There were over 100 threads with new posts--it took me awhile to get here.

The progressive dinner is an annual event, and it's always fun. Middle eastern theme this year. Dessert went fine. We entertain a lot, so it wasn't totally new ground for us. Everyone left in the same pairs as they came, no one got naked, we were in bed by 1:00 am. And people are very grateful to the couple that does the dessert house.

HA! Oh how awesome it is when that happens!

You should've had a belly dancer!

I saw your question to Boo Girl. First off, even though this dinner has had a reputation as a key party, it's put on by the elementary school PTA. Two families host cocktails. Then there are a bunch of dinners, each with 8-10 people. It ends with one dessert house. We were all set up by 4:00 pm, so all we had to do was leave the dinner house a little early. We have lots of leftover wine, but it's not very good wine.

I'd just rather be single period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back