What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree the commercials are not very good at all. But I do give them credit because that song really sticks in your head.

Subway holds a special spot in my heart and I am proud to say that I came up with my own sub there that would blow your mind.

It was whole wheat pasta with chicken tonight.

Just got back from BJ's brewhouse. Had a great calzone and started with some avocado egg rolls.

Had authentic Korean BBQ. Really good.

Salmon & shrimp chowder here. Friday in Lent and all... (It's hard to make that feel like a sacrifice.)

Were going to the fish house down the street tonight. Im always happy leaving there.

Eating me 6 soft taco's from Taco Bell!

Eating me 6 soft taco's from Taco Bell!
Haha, you and Dent with your Taco Bell. Last time we got on this I ended up there the next day and I never eat Taco Bell.

Haha, you and Dent with your Taco Bell. Last time we got on this I ended up there the next day and I never eat Taco Bell.

Haha. I love taco bell. I get it at least once a week.

We had breakfast for dinner at IHOP. Then we went to Wal-Mart.

We had one of those Bertolli dinners in a bag. I've got to say, it was tasty. Beats some meals I've had at serious Italian restaurants in town.

Grillings! Salmon and burgers and corn and potatoes...with my family here, I'm so excited. :smile:

I had Taco Time, another edition of Taco Bell just a little more Mexican, I got the super beef burrito with a Dr.P. Now I'm eating nachos at home with ground beef and cheese, and sour cream.

Ate at a new Mexican place last night that one of my fiance's co-workers recommended to us. The food was great, we both had combo plates with an enchilada, burrito, refried beans, and spanish rice. Then topped it off with fried ice cream for dessert. Everything was very authentic Mexican and appeared homemade. The enchiladas had an orange sauce instead of the usual bright red sauce you get, and tasted incredible! It's the best Mexican I've had since we moved here (Azteca in Burien, WA is the best I've ever had).

The margarita I had was great, they used Corazon tequila which I'd never tried before. It has a great selection of tequilas and different margaritas, including a pome-a-rita that uses a pomegranite liqueur in place of tequila.

The funniest part? The restaurant is in walking distance from our place, about 1/2 mile down the street and we've driven by it almost daily for the past 4 1/2 years! :beat-up:

Grillings! Salmon and burgers and corn and potatoes...with my family here, I'm so excited. :smile:

Cool for you Julie!

Lobster Ravioli with lobster bisque appetizer.

First time we had the ravioli. It was actually very good.

Im getting dragged to some stupid fufu restaurant in Hollywood. Im not very happy about it, but at least its a sushi spot.

We did something pretty cool, since we don't cook. There is this place called "Dinner Zen" in Reston, VA. You basically select the meals you want, show up, and put together the ingredients. You then can freeze it for up to 4 months before eating. Wifey went to a baby shower held at this place, and came home with seven prepared meals. Tonight we had the first, "Mexican Lasagna." It was really good. Washed it down with a pretty decent 2006 Robert Keenan Napa Chardonnay. :good:

We did something pretty cool, since we don't cook. There is this place called "Dinner Zen" in Reston, VA. You basically select the meals you want, show up, and put together the ingredients. You then can freeze it for up to 4 months before eating. Wifey went to a baby shower held at this place, and came home with seven prepared meals. Tonight we had the first, "Mexican Lasagna." It was really good. Washed it down with a pretty decent 2006 Robert Keenan Napa Chardonnay. :good:
That sounds pretty cool, WSE. What a great idea.

Im getting dragged to some stupid fufu restaurant in Hollywood. Im not very happy about it, but at least its a sushi spot.

oh man...I love sushi...sashimi even better. west coast has some excellent raw fish. yum

I don't like fish as a general principle, but I really like tuna pieces (is that sushi or sashimi? let's go with sushi for ease of reference). I had the best tuna sushi ever when we visited Tokyo. We were jet lagged, so we got up at like 5am and walked around the fish market, which is a huge site where all the fresh fish comes in and get's auctioned off to the restaurants around town. Apparently the largest such fish market in the world. Anyway, there are some great little sushi parlors all around the market, and we wandered into one and ordered some sushi for breakfast. The tuna was unbelievably fresh (it could well have been netted within a few hours of our eating it), and just melted in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back