What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner was very good tonight. We haven't had a chance to go food shopping and we had gift cards so we went out. I forgot hot great their red sauce is.

I like Carrabba's a lot. We went to Chile's tonight, my daughter's favorite restaurant.

Claire,

How were the enchiladas? Those sound great! I am new to the crockpot world but I want to start using it more. A certain someone ;) sent me a few recipes that look GREAT and I am hoping to make at least one of them this weekend.

For some reason, I could not wait to post this.

Dinner tonight Hormel "Homestyle" Meat Loaf & tomato sauce (caramel color added). Sadly, here's the biggest photo I could find of this wonderful product:

Meatloaf_tomatosuace.jpg

Just stick in the micro for 4 minutes, and add side dishes! It's the perfect American family meal. I don't know how to make any side dishes, so I'm just going with the meatloaf and tomato sauce straight up. YUMMY!

For some reason, I could not wait to post this.

Dinner tonight Hormel "Homestyle" Meat Loaf & tomato sauce (caramel color added). Sadly, here's the biggest photo I could find of this wonderful product:

Meatloaf_tomatosuace.jpg

Just stick in the micro for 4 minutes, and add side dishes! It's the perfect American family meal. I don't know how to make any side dishes, so I'm just going with the meatloaf and tomato sauce straight up. YUMMY!

I rest my case.
judge.gif

Damn WSE you're a lucky guy to have that for dinner. I got stuck eating a taco salad.

I too love meatloaf.

I rest my case.
judge.gif

Hold the presses! It gets better. Who knew that you could make Boston-style baked beans in just 2 minutes in the micro? Well now I do!

So, as a side dish for my lovely meatloaf entre, I found a can of Bush's Best "Homestyle" (tangy sauce with bacon & brown sugar) Baked Beans that I previously squirreled away for post-apocalyptic nourishment. Two minutes of irradiation, and presto!

32.jpg

To accompany this grand feast, I'm reopening a bottle of Robert Keenan 2006 Napa Chardonnay I vacuumed shut the other night. As the French might say, "bon repaste!"

I am sure this will come as a shock to many but I am not a huge fan of meatloaf. I will eat it if someone cooks it but I would never order it out and I don't really cook it at home. When I was single I would sometimes make a turkey meatloaf because it would last an entire week and it was pretty inexpensive to make.

WSE,
You had me until Keenan Chard. I love Keen wines, but with that hearty dish, you have to go with his Merlot or Meritage.

LMAO!!! boxed meatloaf, canned beans, and then a nice glass of wine...too funny! I am with ya on the Bush's beans, although I prefer the vegetarian beans, they are all good.

I never knew Baked beans went with meatloaf, but why not.

I never knew Baked beans went with meatloaf, but why not.

When you are kitchen cabinet spelunking for microwaveable stuff, the idea of what goes with what gets pretty loose around here!

And fine wine goes with anything.

When you are kitchen cabinet spelunking for microwaveable stuff, the idea of what goes with what gets pretty loose around here!

And fine wine goes with anything.

You need the boxed mashed potatoes, I used to love those things.

Me too GM. Or you can always go with mac and cheese with meatloaf.

Me too GM. Or you can always go with mac and cheese with meatloaf.

Mac and cheese is a solid choice. Not the way Mama used to make it, but it is something that I have grown to love.

I don't usually laugh out loud at this thread... thank goodness I'm alone in the family room right now. WSE, at least stock frozen vegetables. You can nuke them as well.

GG, the enchiladas were fine. My only crockpot issue is that all the recipes call for 6-8 hours, and in my house it's more like 12-14. So be it.

Tonight was chicken, plain for the kids and with shallot/balsamic vinegar/cherry sauce for the adults. Mashed potatoes (GM, Hubby likes his from the box as well) and green beans.

Note to WSE: one meat, one starch, one vegetable. Didn't your mother teach you that?

that's a good point. WSE you should get the frozen veggie steamers, they are like 10 for $10 and it takes about 3 minutes to cook....tons of options and a great healthy side dish. Claire is right, one meat, one startch, and one veggie. Not only is it a well balanced meal but it looks pretty on a the plate.

Aw, and here I was so proud of my wonderful combination of microwaved meatloaf, baked beans, and chardonnay! No, point well taken ladies. Thanks for the help! I'm going to need it very soon -- I'm about to embark on a 5-day single dad stretch in a few weeks. Ouch!

Everybody will be here for you WSE.

Aw, and here I was so proud of my wonderful combination of microwaved meatloaf, baked beans, and chardonnay! No, point well taken ladies. Thanks for the help! I'm going to need it very soon -- I'm about to embark on a 5-day single dad stretch in a few weeks. Ouch!
Dont cave in WSE. Meatloaf and baked beans is a fine meal.

those veggies steamers are money...except for the broccoli...stay away from them

Not for you, but Cheerios are the perfect food--easy to pick up, with that handy breathing hole if they go down the wrong way.

Not for you, but Cheerios are the perfect food--easy to pick up, with that handy breathing hole if they go down the wrong way.

I never thought of that! What about Apple Jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back