What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought of that! What about Apple Jacks?

Responsible parents don't give their infants sweetened cereal. I still chuckle about the first time The Kid ever saw Froot Loops (he was just shy of four): "Mommy, look--colored Cheerios!"

When he was about eight months old, he insisted on feeding himself, and Cheerios were pretty much all he could manage. He'd pick up a handful, fling them on the floor, look at me all innocent, and utter his one and only word: "Uh-oh!"

My parents always did and I turned out fine. :act-up:

WSE's daughter is something like eight months old. That's still young for the sugar.

She just turned 7 mo. She's a HANDFUL. Dinner for her is easy: oatmeal mush with first fruit or veggies mixed in. She likes to paint her face with it. We've given her cheerios, but she hasn't expressed much interest in them -- other than flinging them around. I'm going to be screwed when I'm flying solo with her next week and weekend.

She just turned 7 mo. She's a HANDFUL. Dinner for her is easy: oatmeal mush with first fruit or veggies mixed in. She likes to paint her face with it. We've given her cheerios, but she hasn't expressed much interest in them -- other than flinging them around. I'm going to be screwed when I'm flying solo with her next week and weekend.

Just wait 'till the big 0-1!

attachment.php

mmmmmm . . . cake.

As Bill Cosby says...eggs, milk, butter, flour HEY it's healthy and a great breakfast food!

Chocolate--it's not just for breakfast any more!

WSE's daughter is something like eight months old. That's still young for the sugar.

Your right, he should wait until she is a year old.

Im was joking in the original post, my parents never let me have sweets.

Your right, he should wait until she is a year old.

Im was joking in the original post, my parents never let me have sweets.

After my mother smoked and drank her way through four pregnancies and then gave us formula, we all ate too much junk and watched too much television. I guess I'm a menace to society. :act-up:

Boo was an adorable little baby!

That is a great picture Claire! My co-worker's daughter just turned 1 and she has similar pictures. Cake all over her face. She is a brave one because her daughter just turned one and she is 9 months pregnant and due this week with a baby boy this time. She was at work today and having some major contractions....I wouldn't be surprised if she goes into the hospital tonight.

Thanks for the compliments. Boo was great with her cake--we have a whole series of shots. But the poor child has her father's family's ears.

Oh my gosh, GG--I couldn't imagine having kids that close together.

Me either and I don't have children yet. But I can tell you one thing, it's not always easy to work with a person who has pretty much been pregnant for the past two years.

Me either and I don't have children yet. But I can tell you one thing, it's not always easy to work with a person who has pretty much been pregnant for the past two years.

I'm confident it's not always easy to BE a person who's pretty much been pregnant for the past two years. There are some fairly basic ways she could have avoided that, however.

In honor of Dent and 907, we had Taco Bell tonight!

We had a situation going on next door and we stood at the window watching the cops for over an hour, after which, neither of us wanted to make anything!

There are some fairly basic ways she could have avoided that, however.

No kidding. She needs to be more careful about sharing toilet seats with boys!

CPK thin crust frozen pizza and 2 glasses of Moscati wine.

Oh man, what are people doing with toilet seats now.

I don't know. But when the girl next door got pregnant in high school, her mom told me it was from a toilet seat
Spoiler
. . . or maybe it was a hot tub.

No kidding. She needs to be more careful about sharing toilet seats with boys!

Just nurse the baby, for goodness sake. Natural birth control, and a heck of a lot cheaper than formula.

I don't know. But when the girl next door got pregnant in high school, her mom told me it was from a toilet seat
Spoiler
. . . or maybe it was a hot tub.

You dodged that bullet then!

In honor of Dent and 907, we had Taco Bell tonight!

We had a situation going on next door and we stood at the window watching the cops for over an hour, after which, neither of us wanted to make anything!

We need details. :laugh:

Tonight my wife, my parents and I are going to the First Sergents house for lasagna (sp damn my spelling is bad). His wife is going to be making it for us. Can't wait for dinner. I can almost taste it now. :drool:

We need details. :laugh:

I am not sure what was going on! This next door neighbor just moved in a few years ago. He started picking up scrap metal and storing it in his side yard until he got enough to take it in. Unfortunately, that is against code AND our dining room window overlooks it. So guess what we got to see while eating? A junk pile! Anyway. Jacqui calls me yesterday afternoon and said that while she was working downstairs (works from home) she saw a bunch of men run across our yard over to Ruben's house. There were 11 plainsclothes officers, at least one that I saw with a bulletproof vest on. So I leave a little early to see what's happening, and when I get home Ruben's buddy was handcuffed in the driveway sitting on a bucket, the cops going through his pimpmobile SUV (big, black with spoke wheels and lots of bling, you know the kind), which they ended up towing away. I saw them fingerprint both guys (Ruben was inside the garage or house most of this time, the only time I saw him was when he was fingerprinted; Jacqui saw him laid out on the ground getting handcuffed). They took the buddy away, finished up whatever they were doing in the house and left. Ruben ended up not getting arrested.

So, that's the Reader's Digest version! I took a crap load of pics! LOL

I am not sure what was going on! This next door neighbor just moved in a few years ago. He started picking up scrap metal and storing it in his side yard until he got enough to take it in. Unfortunately, that is against code AND our dining room window overlooks it. So guess what we got to see while eating? A junk pile! Anyway. Jacqui calls me yesterday afternoon and said that while she was working downstairs (works from home) she saw a bunch of men run across our yard over to Ruben's house. There were 11 plainsclothes officers, at least one that I saw with a bulletproof vest on. So I leave a little early to see what's happening, and when I get home Ruben's buddy was handcuffed in the driveway sitting on a bucket, the cops going through his pimpmobile SUV (big, black with spoke wheels and lots of bling, you know the kind), which they ended up towing away. I saw them fingerprint both guys (Ruben was inside the garage or house most of this time, the only time I saw him was when he was fingerprinted; Jacqui saw him laid out on the ground getting handcuffed). They took the buddy away, finished up whatever they were doing in the house and left. Ruben ended up not getting arrested.

So, that's the Reader's Digest version! I took a crap load of pics! LOL

Okay, now we need to see pics too! You can blur the faces, but it would be entertaining none the less. What was the guy charged with??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back