What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post pics tonight, I have them now but I am supposed to be working! I don't know what he was charged with! The Wednesday paper has the county section in it and that has the police blotter so I'll check it then. And yes, I'll blur the faces, especially of the cops.

Well THIS is anti-climactic, but we're having Smallville's beanie-weenies. Except with the weenies separate (and vegetarian beans), 'cause it's Friday. I'll make them into pigs in blankets for the rest of the family, and there's leftover (sweetened!) cornbread. Plus some vegetable,

Which variety?

There were on sale at the store, $5.49 each for a 12". I bought the thin crust Chicken Garlic and Sicilian. We had the Chicken Garlic for dinner.

Pizza! Pepperoni and pineapple on my 1/2, Spinach and mushrooms on hers. Probably a malbec to go with it.

Pizza! Pepperoni and pineapple on my 1/2, Spinach and mushrooms on hers. Probably a malbec to go with it.

Which reminds me--what do you recommend with do-si-dos? Sauvignon blanc might taste too acidic; a dessert wine would overwhelm the peanut butter. Pinot gris, maybe?

There is a serious thought underlying this.

Which reminds me--what do you recommend with do-si-dos? Sauvignon blanc might taste too acidic; a dessert wine would overwhelm the peanut butter. Pinot gris, maybe?

Whatever you pick I would pair it up with something sparkling. I love sweet textured desserts with a little fiz.

In honor of Dent and 907, we had Taco Bell tonight!

We had a situation going on next door and we stood at the window watching the cops for over an hour, after which, neither of us wanted to make anything!

Nice Small! I need details on what you ordered!

PS- Was the SUV Black? With the windows tinted very darkly? Don't mean to judge anyone, but maybe it was for drugs.

Were having dinner in honor of Harry tonight. The Secret Treasure Loaf.
i2dw5nf19kk9rsglfKOaMmXpo1_500.jpg

A loaf of ground Spam cubes with a Velveeta cheese center topped with a layer of hot Velveeta.

Its either that or the 30,000 calorie sandwich
i2dw5nf19jrmyil1XLZB3qVZo1_r1_500.jpg

Sandwich filled with ground beef, bacon, corn dogs, ham, pastrami, roast beef, bratwurst, braunschweiger and turkey, topped with fried mushrooms, onion rings, swiss/provolone/cheddar/feta/parmesan cheeses, lettuce and butter on a loaf white bread.

Gasman, if you'd posted those before I had dinner, I'd have lost my appetite.

GG would like to share that loaf with Harry--you can never have too much cheese!

How about the pizza cone Claire?
i2dw5nf19ko0uwd1jGbFBG6po1_500.jpg

That looks great. Although GG would say, there is too much cheese.

You know, I've never even heard of any of this stuff. Is there some "Clog your Arterties Cooking" web site, or some image search term like "heart attack special"? :act-up:

Or--have you too discovered James Lileks and The Gallery of Regretable Food? (He's back on line--gotta go post on the Chuckles thread.)

There's no such thing as "Too much cheese"

There's no such thing as "Too much cheese"

Golfer Girl regards those as fighting words! You just haven't been here long enough--she pulls hers off her pizza.

Also, we've been over this as well, but Velveeta isn't real cheese.

The scary thing is that there are a couple things on there that look like things I have eaten before.

Hmm. Nothing comes to mind as a great match, but I might try a buttery Napa chardonnay (not that I like buttery Napa chardonnays that much, but others do). I'm thinking the oak would not totally contrast with the peanut butter. But who the heck knows. There are some things that are better with beer!

Nice Small! I need details on what you ordered!

PS- Was the SUV Black? With the windows tinted very darkly? Don't mean to judge anyone, but maybe it was for drugs.

First, yes on the SUV.
Second, 8 tacos (5 for me) and two double beef cheesy burritos.

Hmm. Nothing comes to mind as a great match, but I might try a buttery Napa chardonnay (not that I like buttery Napa chardonnays that much, but others do). I'm thinking the oak would not totally contrast with the peanut butter. But who the heck knows. There are some things that are better with beer!

Better idea: A Spanish Albariño! (Maybe just because I'm on an Albariño kick.)

Trying to decide what is for dinner tonight. Im thinking Bostons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back