What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dance because I can't dance, I don't like to dance, I can't feel the rythem, it's just not for me. I think I would like ballroom dancing or something like that but I am just not into the booty shaking, pop-lock-and drop it kind of dancing....is that even how that saying goes lol? I think I skipped a generation with my social skills, I get along so much better with people 10+ years my senior.

Uncle Yu's Chinese food.

You're going to hurt Gasman's feelings.

He just compared himself to a video titled "Drunk White Boy" but with his "hands in the air more." If his feelings were hurt, I'm pretty they were hurt long before I got to him.

He just compared himself to a video titled "Drunk White Boy" but with his "hands in the air more." If his feelings were hurt, I'm pretty they were hurt long before I got to him.

His rather unfortunate screen name leads me to believe his feelings are hurt frequently. He is very sweet though - he dances and cooks for his girlfriend and he lets Lulu sit on his head.

I don't dance because I can't dance, I don't like to dance, I can't feel the rythem, it's just not for me. I think I would like ballroom dancing or something like that but I am just not into the booty shaking, pop-lock-and drop it kind of dancing....is that even how that saying goes lol? I think I skipped a generation with my social skills, I get along so much better with people 10+ years my senior.

Then there's you problem. You're not dancing to the rhythm. You're dancing to the rythem....big difference.:D

...it was a joke! I'm sorry! I just can't help it!:banghead:

Ballroom dancing isn't easy. It's not free style but there's a lot to it. The man has to lead you by putting pressure on you in places and pulling you slightly and guiding you around while the whole time trying to stay in step with the music. I tried it with the x. She had what they called a natural rhythm. Soon she was pulling me around and flinging me around like a rag doll. The instructor would get onto about it but she would just say that it's my fault. Could have been fun but it wasn't. Did i mention she's my x. I think I've said enough now. It's time for my nap....

Then there's you problem. You're not dancing to the rhythm. You're dancing to the rythem....big difference.:D

...it was a joke! I'm sorry! I just can't help it!:banghead:

Ballroom dancing isn't easy. It's not free style but there's a lot to it. The man has to lead you by putting pressure on you in places and pulling you slightly and guiding you around while the whole time trying to stay in step with the music. I tried it with the x. She had what they called a natural rhythm. Soon she was pulling me around and flinging me around like a rag doll. The instructor would get onto about it but she would just say that it's my fault. Could have been fun but it wasn't. Did i mention she's my x. I think I've said enough now. It's time for my nap....

lol my poor spelling gets me again. Spellcheck gave up trying to find suggestions for what I am trying to type. I took a few salsa dancing lessons and that was a ton of fun. You are 100% right, it is definitely not easy, but still fun. I will stick to being a spectator rather than a participant when it comes to dancing.

With tasteless steamed vegetables? mmmmm. My favorite!

Yup. And really bad wine.

I am an excellent dancer, but I don't.

Why (the woman ask)? Because no matter how good you are, there is nothing good about a white guy over 35 dancing.

Dudes will back me up on this.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. A man who knows how to dance is a godsend. Plus, total babe magnet, regardless of your age.

I'm thinking that but I may have waited too long. I'll check out tonight. It was good but I'm tired of it. Same thing when I make soup or stew...always make too much.

When you make the batch, portion out the leftovers and freeze them. Then you can nuke them whenever.

When you make the batch, portion out the leftovers and freeze them. Then you can nuke them whenever.

If you make stew and it has potatoes - leave them out when you freeze a portion. They get mealy when frozen and reheated.

Thanks for the info. What I really need to is to learn how to cook for one.:D

...I love potatoes...can't be eating any mealy ones. Anyway the chili is history and the roasted chicken and vegetables were divine. Going to try the green beans with mint soon. Just can't seem to wrap my mind around how that will taste. Ha!

I'm having a little trouble controlling my cravings today. I'm not "hungry" but I can't stop thinking about the taste of food.

I'm having a little trouble controlling my cravings today. I'm not "hungry" but I can't stop thinking about the taste of food.

Why don't you focus on your other bad habit. That will take your mind off your craving.

Fresh pork tamales.

Our warehouse manager's wife makes them, and I always buy a couple dozen when she does. They're sooooooooooo yummay!

Brush your teeth. If that doesn't work, eat a jalapeno. Or do it in the other order. Either way, your mouth wants to take a break for awhile.

Charley Pride - Burgers And Fries

General Tso's with pork fried rice tonight

I continue to feel uninspired. Probably beanie weenies with (sweetened) cornbread. Not even any good salad fixings.

I have made both Southern and Northern cornbread and I prefer the latter. It's not about the sugar. Southern cornbread is too dry. I prefer moist.

Good thing you don't get hungry any more.

Half the fun is saying it to annoy you. :lashes:

I don't care about the fact that you say. I care that you make it and eat it.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I have eaten cornbread that was so light and sweet you could put frosting on it. That just ain't right. One instant brand the comes in a round can comes to mind. The only thing that remotely resembles corn in it is that it's slightly yellow. I love good southern cornbread. Most folks like sweet but that doesn't make it right...imo I mean, how are you going to eat pinto beans with ham hocks ladled on a piece of cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back