What's for Dinner?

Turkey meatballs with zoodles

3CC0F4F1-97F9-40CE-AC8C-8345A4DE05F5.jpeg
We’ve tried a lot of different chicken sausages but these were on the menu tonight and they are delicious. Had it with broccoli & cheese rice.
Plus their individually packed which is very convenient.

Oh yeah worth the 1.5 hr wait....439637FD-336F-40C5-AF0B-08DCE05C5F0F.jpegD1260E1E-CFC1-4627-AAB6-04863F730421.jpeg439637FD-336F-40C5-AF0B-08DCE05C5F0F.jpeg

Smoked bologna, Mac and cheese, corn, green beans.

we had some stuff salmon tonight. Beats the crap I've been eating this week

Homemade chili and a grilled cheese sandwich

Finally tried the Grande Nachos Box from Taco Bell. Wow ... it's definitely a meal unto itself.

Cottage Pie.

Steak mince, red wine, mustard, onion, carrot, Worcester Sauce and chopped tomatoes, generously peppered, topped with horseradish and cheese mashed potato (skin left on which adds nice texture and taste to the mash).

Served with a bit of raw red cabbage that I’d chopped and soaked in lemon juice for 24 hours.

A good friend from the Fl. Keys sent me a care package of 12 lobsters, 5 lbs of Fl. Pink shrimp and a 5 lb package of mahi filets.
Lobsters are cooked and there will be lobster rolls tomorrow with shrimp cocktail.
Mahi for diner most likely.

Going to throw a few Cornish Hens on the smoker this evening.

Going to throw a few Cornish Hens on the smoker this evening.

Being a Brit, I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means.

Just finished 18 holes at my home course. Getting a pizza to go. (y)

20191019_184524.jpg

Leftover chili (spiced way up) and tortilla chips

Homemade pasta faggioli on a dreary, rainy, windy day!

Wife made chicken corn chowder last night. Very solid and on a cool wet night it was ideal.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Ah ok, not heard of those before. And a smoker is a BBQ?

Ok, now we are getting deep with the cooking haha. There is a grill, which usually uses propane or charcoal to fuel the flame, and you normally cook something at a high heat for a shorter period of time. Then you have the smoker, which normally runs off wood or wood pellets, and you cook things low and slow with it, so it gets a little smokey flavor, a smoke ring, and usually falls apart.

Think grilled chicken breasts, hotdogs and hamburgers for a grill, and ribs, pork butt and beef brisket for a smoker. The image below is smoked beef brisket, you see the red line? That's called a smoke ring.

20190425-Smoked-Brisket_RE_HE_M.jpg

Ok, now we are getting deep with the cooking haha. There is a grill, which usually uses propane or charcoal to fuel the flame, and you normally cook something at a high heat for a shorter period of time. Then you have the smoker, which normally runs off wood or wood pellets, and you cook things low and slow with it, so it gets a little smokey flavor, a smoke ring, and usually falls apart.

Think grilled chicken breasts, hotdogs and hamburgers for a grill, and ribs, pork butt and beef brisket for a smoker. The image below is smoked beef brisket, you see the red line? That's called a smoke ring.

View attachment 8911853

Ah ok. One thing’s for sure, you guys have a very different food culture to us across the pond.

Back