What's for Dinner?

Today is Bourdain Day - I will be supporting some local Ma & Pa type restaurant as best I can and drinking a cold one in his honour.

I wanted a burrito with a side of chips and queso, but instead I was good and made Salmon, collard greens and a sweet potato. I’m not a huge fan of collard greens but I made them with Asian flavors this time and they were really good!

I wanted a burrito with a side of chips and queso, but instead I was good and made Salmon, collard greens and a sweet potato. I’m not a huge fan of collard greens but I made them with Asian flavors this time and they were really good!
I wish Collard Greens were more available up here. I love it with some pork belly/salt pork!

Taco salad tonight!

Just put an 8lb pork butt in the smoker. Slathered it in a garlic aioli mustard then a home made dry rub of brown sugar, fresh cracked black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, minced onion, paprika, and cayenne. I have a pan of apple juice in the smoker right below it and using applewood chips. Also have a bottle with apple juice, apple cider vinegar, and a little bourbon mixed up to spritz it with. Going to let her go all day long. Should be good!

Finished product:

9DFD0856-C154-4BDA-A6FD-4E26F22F50D6.jpeg

didn’t get a pic but prime filets on the kamado. 2 mins per side over a wide open fire, 8 minutes total, then on indirect for a few minutes before pulling at just over 100* for a quick rest. made my grandmothers mexican rice recipe, and a basic caesar salad. washing it down with a young but tasty napa cab. nice way to forget a crappy day on the golf course.

Venison bacon wrapped poppers off the Recteq smoker :drinks:4D785111-49FF-4121-AAD0-163A2C76E69C.jpeg

It is Puttmaster Jr.'s 23rd birthday, so .... NY Strips going on the grill now!

Reverse sear burgers A3180341-6F02-4BCC-9195-3170633F85C7.jpeg245E585B-A810-49AE-9B9A-EADB0A935C72.jpeg

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, and Garlic Bread.

Made a homemade sub when I got home. So good!

keeping it easy with some hotdogs/sausages.

I was told today is national wings day. So I'm going to grill some up with 3 or 4 different seasonings.

Burgers and dogs on the grill!!

Pizza

Pizza here as well. Sausage, pepperoni, ham, onions, peppercini and xtra cheese.

Reigns Deli in CT…

A Rachael - turkey cole slaw rue bread toasted with russian dressing. 🤤🤤🤤🥴🥴. Was sooo good.

6B38AA59-6E3D-4BB7-AE32-9CA650FC6232.jpeg

Grilling up some Brats and sausages to get the weekend started,

Steak and baked potatoes. :hungry:

Pulled pork sandwich and tots.

Smoking some wings this evening and some shrimp and sausage kababs.

PXL_20210920_220701034.jpg

Made some fried chicken, paired it with some creamed corn with bacon and cheesy hash browns last night. My wife had chicken out and I was going to make chicken salad then all of a sudden this started happening.

The wife is making her world famous chicken chili and hominy.
Tomorrow will be Chili-Mac....my favorite !

Back