What's in the bag? Fixed 14 clubs or do you have/use options?

JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
I just figured out how to hide my sig with a spoiler tag (I know, I'm slow). That led me to tinker with my "what's in the bag" and it's a little complicated (2 bags and more than 14 clubs).

I have a 2h(16*), 3h(19*), 4h(22*), 5H(25*) and a 5i(25*) and I pick 3 out of them depending on the weather and how I am hitting irons vs. hybrids

All that made me wonder, do most people play the same 14 clubs all the time or do you switch up on different rounds depending on the course, the wind, conditions, your game...?

If so, what's your bench and when/why do they get to start?

Too many to list, dude.

I do believe, I currently have about 3 full bags of clubs. When I say full, I dont mean 14 clubs, I mean...FULL. And then I have my gamer bag of 14.

How do I choose, I go with the hot hand, and what I feel like playing at the given time. More hybrids vs fairways? Long irons vs hybrids? Two drivers and less fairways? Just depends on my mood, I guess.

Kinda funny... but when I'm struggling off the tee, I'll go back to my old driver and 3w (TM 07 burner tp... I told you they were old. lol)

My bag is fixed :alien:

For me, it's pretty much fixed to what you see. I will sometime play my Callaway XR driver when I feel like I need a change.

Oh yeah, whatever.
Haha in all seriousness it closers than ever before. Driver is set, wedges are set. I will always enjoy gaming my putter collection. Irons are being sorted out lol

With 5 sets of irons (that I admit to) and numerous hybrids, woods, and drivers my bag changes almost as much as Kang's. :act-up:

Basically, I play whatever combination catches my eye. Though, I gamed my listed WITB most of last year because it just seems to work well.

I have options. I have a couple hybrids that I can put in for different irons if I need/want.

And then there are putters...who knows what I'll be using at any time.

mostly fixed for me. I want to get to a point where I have some options other then my irons and putter. The 1 spot I have some flexibility right now is driver because I love my Fly Z, and won a M1 head (which I have hit in a simulator). In a perfect world, I want to play both of those clubs if I can. I want to get some Callaway Apex Utilities in 18, 21, 24 so I dont have to go fairway woods and hybrids all the time. Or that I can mix and match to give me Different options off the tee and longer 2nd shots. My wedges are another area that I need to get some more flexibility with.

I just roll with the same 14, I'm boring like that I guess.

Fixed for me. I like to keep it simple.

I have normal gamer set and winter/driving range set.

Mostly fixed, but I do change out between 3h and 5w based on needed distances off the tee and whether I'm hitting one of them better at the moment.

I've also got a few drivers that get rotated mostly based on whim. Irons, wedges, 3w, and putter stay pretty locked.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Only things that really switch around for me are two set ups. One is a 4w, 7w, 56* wedge and the other is 4w, 54*, 58* wedges. Just depends what I'm feeling.

I have a few putters and a few drivers but overall my bag is solid until spring time.

My bag is set for 2016. I still have three other sets of irons, couple of drivers, woods, hybrids and a putters, but none will be in the bag this year.

Mine is set although I have a backup bag with a set of irons, extra drivers and wedges if something ever happened to my main bag (stolen, damaged).

Fixed 14 clubs.

Fixed set for me

13 clubs fixed, putter rotates.

Fixed bag for me. My bench wont see the course for a loooooooong time

I usually play the same bag of 14 clubs consistently. Well, I do change putters frequently. Sometimes I change my wedges to match grinds to conditions. I did rotate drivers much of last season. Oh hell, except for my irons (4i thru GW) everything is subject to review and change, not usually performance, just for fun and variety.

Back