What's more demoralizing as a golfer?

What's more demoralizing on a golf course... ?

• A topped tee shot on a long par 5

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • A missed, short birdie putt

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • A flubbed chip

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • A three-putt from an easy location

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
Those all drive me nuts lol. The short putt for birdie is the worst but I also really hate topping a driver as a long drive is the only thing I do better than my friends.

3 putt from an easy location for me

I really dislike three putting. I can miss an iron, driver, or chip and not get mad at myself. But, to three putt, especially from what I expect to be an easy location, is a killer to me.

Ugh... it’s the dreaded 3-putt for me. It’s just a lost hole at that point.

Fat pitch shots and s——ks are the worst for me. I went through a bout with the s—-ks last year but was able to overcome. Fat pitch shots have always been a bit of a problem and result in little confidence when hitting pitch shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For me, it's the self declared "3 from the tee" after hitting a wayward drive. At my skill level it puts me in a position where double bogey is about the best I an hope for.

Seems like a flubbed chip is keeping the lead on this one. When I think about it, it is hard to really put one demoralizing shot above the others.

Or, not listed but doing essentially the same with a short second shot after a perfect drive.

THIS 100%

the worst by a long margin is belting a drive dead center of fairway, leaving an easy 9i in. Only to chunk the the 9i 50 yards.

Maybe the difference should be which is most embarrassing instead of demoralizing. The Tee shot could be the most embarrassing whereas the duffed chips more demoralizing. :cool:

Always the 3 putt for me.

I hate myself on any 3 putt. Totally inexcusable.

Back