What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Since there are some golfer on here that love their golf style, we thought this would be a fun thread to have. Like what equipment did you just buy, this one is all about apparel, footwear, and fashion accessories. This will be a place to show off what is new in your closet, or what you are considering buying.

Show off those new duds.

Last edited:
great idea JB. i wil be putting some new pics in this one in about 5-7 business days, lol.

can this be an apparel/accessory pondering thread as well?

• Admin
Sure why not. Sounds like a good idea.

Sweet thread! I grabbed a pair of Adidas 3 stripe shorts in white at the local golf galaxy, I swear they are giving that store away. I wish they would just close already, crazy % off sales pinch holes in my pockets.

Sure why not. Sounds like a good idea.

ok! i am in buckle mode right now. i need a new buckle but i haven't found one that speaks to me yet. i'm thinking of a travis matthews buckle but then again, i really want a 59 buckle. is there any others that i should be looking at? are there any buckles in particular that you would consider a "must have buckle"?

• Admin
Wow. Yeah, there are a few that I simply love.

59 Buckles are incredible. I have 3 now including a 1 of a kind done by the wonderful people of the Spring Golf Outing.

Sligo.

There quality is top notch. This is one of my fav Sligo buckles. And it is on sale right now at Fairwaystyles.com. Just make sure it has a detachable buckle and you get a freaking AWESOME strap too. I love their straps for softness, and durability.

sligo10-icon-white-L3.jpg

Travis Mathew

I like this one more than the classic M they have. But they make the M in so many great colors and patterns.

TM10-script-belt-wht-L.jpg

PUMA

I like this one, but almost all of their buckles come stuck to the straps and their straps STINK for quality.

puma10-levelbelt-blk-L.jpg

adidas

Everybody should have a Trophy buckle if they like Buckles. They come in a ton of colors, but I prefer the white and black.

yhst-71232424362320_2126_27020710

Nike

Nike TW wood Grain buckle. Another I would love more if it was not attached. I have the brown version.

yhst-71232424362320_2123_93546290

Bettinardi

For shear quality, these are impressive. Pricey yes, but incredible. Here is our custom.

buckle.jpg

The list is really endless. There is a thread on here somewhere showing off buckle collections.

yeah, i know there's a thread. thanks for the pics and whatnot. i emailed sligo today about the icon buckle but you have to buy them with the strap and the straps just won't fit me i'm afraid, at least the color i wanted wouldn't. i may have to look at the adidas trophy, i've seen some cool ones before.

Great thread. I picked up an adidas Trophy belt and buckle at the Pro Shop at PGA National and fell in love. So needless to say, I'm going to be getting some more!

Nothing else really on my radar at the moment, but I'm sure I'll pick up a few new outfits for the Outing next May!

Technically they are accessory... I bought two ball marker clips to go on hats... Both Taylormade, one white and one red.. Awesomely cheap too. I have always had the markers on my divot tool and thought it would be fun to mix it up..

They look like this;

images

Technically they are accessory... I bought two ball marker clips to go on hats... Both Taylormade, one white and one red.. Awesomely cheap too. I have always had the markers on my divot tool and thought it would be fun to mix it up..

They look like this;

images

i have a golf pride hat clip ball marker magnet thing that the golf pride rep here gave me and i love it. much prefer it to the whole digging around my pocket for a ball marker, but i fear that the hat clip ball marker magnet thing is more of a female golfer thing. i know it's not but seems like they all do it, but then again they don't always have pockets, whereas we do. anyway, i like mine, it makes me feel like a serious golfer.

i have a golf pride hat clip ball marker magnet thing that the golf pride rep here gave me and i love it. much prefer it to the whole digging around my pocket for a ball marker, but i fear that the hat clip ball marker magnet thing is more of a female golfer thing. i know it's not but seems like they all do it, but then again they don't always have pockets, whereas we do. anyway, i like mine, it makes me feel like a serious golfer.

haha dude, as long as yours doesn't look like this...

images
-or-
images

I think you're all set!!

haha dude, as long as yours doesn't look like this...

images
-or-
images

I think you're all set!!

lmao! no, they don't look like that. i'm good to go then.

i'm also pondering new rain gear. what i have now sucks, and i want something a little more functional and fashionable.

awesome... I've been looking at a few things... specifically some Sligo Wear shirts... I'm liking their design more and more...

Soon, this will be showing up:

10-102-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Belt rookie here. How do you pick a size for belts? I'm a size 30/32. Would a size 36 fit me at all? That Sligo belt is nice and it's smallest size is 36

Belt rookie here. How do you pick a size for belts? I'm a size 30/32. Would a size 36 fit me at all? That Sligo belt is nice and it's smallest size is 36

i would recommend going at least a size bigger. and OEM kevin, who wears your size would recommend getting the 36. i think it would be perfect for you. i love that buckle!

Dang it and I've got some money burning up my paypal account. I wish the white belt were in my size but I guess black is alright and I can always just get a white strap.

Dang it and I've got some money burning up my paypal account. I wish the white belt were in my size but I guess black is alright and I can always just get a white strap.

yeah, and i'll send you a pm concerning an excellent place to pick up straps on the cheap (well, they only have white and black, but i figured that would work for ya)

Alright here's another question. Do you guys buy up the shirts you liked this year now when they are on sale? I've been buying some shirts and shorts recently and I'm wondering if they will be good to go next year or will they be hopelessly out of style. I just nabbed some Navy Adidas plaid shorts and a black Nike TW shirt. Ah heck might as well post the pics and see if you guys think they will still be in style next year

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/14377/refScid/1520

http://www.tgw.com/customer/categor...512/refScid/1500/sattr0/Color/sattrVal0/black

I would go 34. You want it to be bigger than your waist size. But in all fairness different companies sizes are definitely different.

i would recommend going at least a size bigger. and OEM kevin, who wears your size would recommend getting the 36. i think it would be perfect for you. i love that buckle!

I thought OEM wore a 34 like me and a 36 belt. Those are my sizes.

Alright here's another question. Do you guys buy up the shirts you liked this year now when they are on sale? I've been buying some shirts and shorts recently and I'm wondering if they will be good to go next year or will they be hopelessly out of style. I just nabbed some Navy Adidas plaid shorts and a black Nike TW shirt. Ah heck might as well post the pics and see if you guys think they will still be in style next year

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/14377/refScid/1520

http://www.tgw.com/customer/categor...512/refScid/1500/sattr0/Color/sattrVal0/black

Most stuff like that does not go out of style for a while. They are your basics (well plaid is not really a basic but it is getting there). So you are safe.

One thing I always remind people about the TW shirts is that MOST of them are made up of a cotton blend. So you will get fading and shrinking and they are not real moisture wicking. So with that in mind, if you wear and wash them frequently, it may not last all that long, especially being black.

all i know is that OEM said he ordered his sligo belt a size larger and that he wished he would've gone two.

CL, i like what you got there, and like JB says, stuff like that won't really date itself. i know that dick's has been having an awesome sale on some awesome nike shirts here lately. seems as though they are getting rid of the spring line to make way for the fall one. i've snagged some awesome shirts.

sligo had something on facebook where they were giving 30% off their spring 2010 line, that's why i ordered what i ordered. i don't have a ton of white shirts so i ordered a few of them. here's the shirts i ordered:

10-045-2T.jpg

10-014-2T.jpg

10-033-2T.jpg

to be able to snag these shirt in the $50 range is unreal! it's worth it. they are the finest golf shirt i've ever owned and worn.

all i know is that OEM said he ordered his sligo belt a size larger and that he wished he would've gone two.

He might and you bring up a good point about another thing. You can always go bigger with a belt and have it changed to fit by a shoe cobbler. They can usually shorten and add matching holes. You cannot however make something bigger.

He might and you bring up a good point about another thing. You can always go bigger with a belt and have it changed to fit by a shoe cobbler. They can usually shorten and add matching holes. You cannot however make something bigger.

that's always been my theory. it's incredibly easy to make a leather belt shorter, but you can't add length to it. didn't you order some sligo stuff as well? care to share?

that's always been my theory. it's incredibly easy to make a leather belt shorter, but you can't add length to it. didn't you order some sligo stuff as well? care to share?

10-073-2T.jpg

09-068_CLEVELAND%20STRIPE-2T.jpg

Wind Shirt
09-086_TROPICAL-2T.jpg

10-095-2T.jpg

10-150-2T.jpg

10-025-2T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back