What's the craziest thing you've ever seen on a golf course?

2 weeks ago this guy but not craziest by far.

Few years back I witnessed a woman park her car on the side of the road and then proceed to run toward the tee box to the group right in front of us.
Her husband/boyfriend, idk
Jumps on his golf cart and shoots across *fairways* looking back scared and escapes never to be seen again.
She then turned her attention on his friends that were laughing prior to previous festivities they also left in hurry as she tried to grab thier cart and clubs,obviously no one in my group laughed until she was out of sight.
I don't think she left out any curse words in those 10 minutes.
the good news we had no wait time for the next 6 holes.
2d6b99d7f739a7e1806124506ca33c47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Standing on a tee box and down to the side was a white egret.....all of a sudden a gator came up out of water grabbed it by the neck and flung it side to side a bunch of times until it broke into two pieces....It was a minute of insanity to watch.

2 weeks ago this guy but not craziest by far.

Few years back I witnessed a woman park her car on the side of the road and then proceed to run toward the tee box of the group right in front of us.
Her husband/boyfriend, idk
Jumps on his golf cart and shoots across *fairways* looking back scared and escapes never to be seen again.
She then turned her attention on his friends that were laughing prior to previous festivities they also left in hurry as she tried to grab thier cart and clubs,obviously no one in my group laughed until she was out of sight.
I don't think she left out any curse words in those 10 minutes.
the good news we had no wait time for the next 6 holes.
2d6b99d7f739a7e1806124506ca33c47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Hell hath no fury....

I was playing by myself in the middle of the day as a teenager. I was using one of the old pink Bridgestone B series ball and when I hit it onto a green, a coyote ran out and picked up the ball. It dropped it after walking about 10 yards off the green.
Animal control had to come out and try to find it bc they were concerned it may have been rabid.

Wait? You have rabid pink balls?

🤣

I worked at a golf course during an event that was similar to the OP. I didn't see anything myself, but I was told extra things were going on at the farthest parts of the course from the club house.

Other than playing during a Tornado Warning and seeing rotation just to the south edge of the course...we were on our 17th hole, we weren't going to stop. Playing on Christmas Day while it was snowing (no snow on the course at the time). I've seen a number of geese hit during play. The only odd thing I can think of off the top of my head was playing a round with my twin brother and my grandfather back in the early 90's. We were playing a nice course in Hot Springs Village, AR. (They lived there at the time). Perfect day out so it was busy. Then things started REALLY backing up. Where we were waiting on all the Par 3's and short par 4's. Got the the point where tempers where flaring up for everyone. We have to wait on 18 for two groups on the box before we could finish our round. Get in the clubhouse afterwards only to find out that John Daly was 3 groups in front of us and he had to wait for most par 4's to clear the green in front of him because he was trying to set the course record.

Standing on a tee box and down to the side was a white egret.....all of a sudden a gator came up out of water grabbed it by the neck and flung it side to side a bunch of times until it broke into two pieces....It was a minute of insanity to watch.
We have a couple herons that hang around one of the ponds on my home course. One day we saw it swoop down and snag a duckling that was swimming along behind mama duck, and fly off into the reeds at the other end of the pond for breakfast. Mama duck was highly agitated and flew after him and you could hear the confrontation going on between them, but she flew out of there in a hurry a few seconds later. I looked it up later and discovered that herons are carnivorous birds. Learn something new every day.

This thread and all the stories remind me of a joke.

Guy goes into confession and tells the priest he got caught up in anger and cussed on the golf course. He says I hit tee shot and after about 50 it struck a goose flying by and dropped to the ground. The priest says well it's understandable in a situation like that you might say a swear word, but the guy cuts him off and says no no Father I didn't cuss at that. After it hit the ground a squirrel comes running by and picks the ball up in his mouth and starts running towards the woods with the ball. The father again says I see, the combination of these events caused you to cuss. The guy again responds and says no that's not what made me cuss either. Just before the squirrel got to the woods a hawk swooped from the sky and grabbed the squirrel in it's talons and started flying away with the squirrel and my ball. Again the priest starts in and says well I may have even cussed in amazement at this point, but the guy again says that's not why I cussed either. You see the hawk flew right toward the hole and the squirrel dropped the ball on the green only 2 feet from the pin. At this the priest looked through the screen at the man and said "Don't tell me you missed that f***ing putt"

One I didn’t see, but one of my golf buddies did. He was walking up the fairway while a group were teeing off on the adjoining hole ... a par 3. One guy hits his tee shot and slices it really badly ... it hits a rock on my buddy’s fairway and shoots sideways back onto the green and rolls across and drops into the hole for an ace. So there’s hope for us all.

. Get in the clubhouse afterwards only to find out that John Daly was 3 groups in front of us and he had to wait for most par 4's to clear the green in front of him because he was trying to set the course record.

John F’ing Daly. Too cool.

I’ve got a cool John F’ing Daly story. Was at The Memorial back in 2002/3ish. Hole 7(ish) we’re standing past the expected driver landing area in the left rough when a drive comes in and basically lands right next to me.

About 6 of us surround the ball to make sure it’s found and unmolested from its shattastic lie. No idea who hit it as we couldn’t see the tee or it was too far.

Up the fairway come Daly smoking a cig. He gets to us and hands the guy beside me his driver. The guy looked confused and Daly told him “keep it, I don’t want it anymore” 🤣

Another guy immediately said “I’ll give you $500 right now for that”. His response was “nope not for sale at any price”. Well I bought it about 5 years ago for well under $500 (dude got a certificate of authenticity to go with it, and since I was there, I damn well know the event happened). Sold it for $500 a year or two ago and then bought it again for well under $500. This one’s going to my kids now though. Unless stupid money, I won’t sell it. It ain’t worth stupid money.

I’ve even played a round or two with it. Played well. Was similar in size and hitting length to my current 3w+. Maybe 10 yards longer? At 7.5* fixed loft. I don’t buy stuff to hang on a wall, I buy it to use and abuse. This is now retired after sending it to another THP’er to test out. I think that THP’er is now retired from THP. I like the guy, but if anyone was begging to be “retired” from here it was him-I have his cell so I texted him as much when I realized his absence, 😂, I actually applaud management for their tolerance there, it was well applied after constant challenges for a long time.

We were on the far reaches of the course when the siren went off for an approaching thunderstorm. While we were heading in the pro came after us to be sure we were on the move. So we had a procession of 3 carts at full speed . About 150 yards from the cart barn lightning hit a tall dead tree just next to us and the cart path. The tree just exploded and showered us with bark, branches and debris. We all just about messed ourselves.

I had a random guy walking through the course one day asking us where some place I never heard of was. Started to think he just tries to distract you in order to do something else when your guard is down, or have a buddy hiding in the woods run to our cart, but I kept my head on a swivel that hole and the next looking back towards him as he walked to others and kept on moving. He wasn't dressed like a golfer and I kind of think he was either homeless or "on something" and possibly both, but we decided to play those next few holes a little faster than normal!

Craziest thing I ever saw was me hitting 14 fairways in one round.....🤣

Had a twosome in front of us at Orange Park Country Club here in Jax,Fl. Two older ladies. There’s a Par 5 with a ditch carry on the approach shot that’s a bit over a hill and goes all the way across the fairway. Bridge is on the far left side of the fairway. They were driving towards the green and just kept on going straight. Right down into the ditch. All we saw over the hill was rear end of the cart pop up in the air and clubs and mud go flying all over. One of them had a broken nose when she hit the windshield. We had to call 911 and help pull them out of the muck. How they didn’t see it is beyond me. Red stakes all in front of it. Felt so bad for them. We called that hole a Par and moved on once the paramedics got there. Didn’t have the heart to hit my approach shot over all of them!

I had a random guy walking through the course one day asking us where some place I never heard of was. Started to think he just tries to distract you in order to do something else when your guard is down, or have a buddy hiding in the woods run to our cart, but I kept my head on a swivel that hole and the next looking back towards him as he walked to others and kept on moving. He wasn't dressed like a golfer and I kind of think he was either homeless or "on something" and possibly both, but we decided to play those next few holes a little faster than normal!

Pace of play, enforced. 🤣

Good idea for courses.

My younger brother. No one is crazier than that guy when he's drunk.

My buddy and I were playing the 14th hole at our local course when his drive found the middle of the fairway. A fox promptly ran out from the woods and grabbed his ball. We jumped in the cart and raced after the fox, which was sauntering down the hedgerow with his ball. My buddy jumped out of the cart and started to follow, but the fox kept just enough distance away from him. Later that week the fox showed up on the tee box, and we fed him M & Ms, which he loved.IMG_0629.JPG

Yikes OP.

mine was seeing an ambulance on a par 3 course. I asked another golfer coming from the area. He said a guy beat his buddy with a club over a dispute😳

A few years ago we played a Minneapolis public course early in the morning. We went by a porta potty on the 5th hole that was locked and there was no one around so we thought it was odd. A few holes later we see 2 Minneapolis Police cars driving down our fairway. Turns out a homeless man with a knife came out of the porta potty and was threatening people. They chased him down and arrested him.

I have pictures somewhere of the cops driving by us but can’t find them.

I found pics of the incident.
1619060121593.jpeg

Note to self :
Golf course portapooty smell will make you go crazy.
I think he was crazy before he went in. Spent the night in there I think.

A shank on a par 3 that went through an open window of a jeep and hit the driver in the chest.

One weekend a dude stole a hat and left in an uber, came back next week and was forced to pay for hat or get arrested. He had already payed for his round and said he was so offended he wanted a rain check/refund. We did that and he goes to the starter and shows him the old receipt and starts to try and tee off. Then argument starts and he is given 1 minute to leave or have the cops called. He proceeds to to turn around whip out his dick and pees on the first tee box before walking off.

Saw a cop in a police helicopter yelling at a guy riding his dirtbike in the LA river while playing the municipal course in Compton, CA.

I didn't see this personally, but a good buddy of mine was there and related the story to me on more than one occasion. It was the topic of discussion around his club for weeks.

He and three older members at a private club in the Hilton Head area were out playing a round when one of them hit a shot that nearly went into one of the many water hazards on the property. The ball ended up only a foot or two from the water's edge. Alligators are a common site at this place, not only in the water hazards, but sunning themselves on the grass alongside. The member walked over to his ball on the edge of the pond. On the other side of the pond, maybe 100 feet away, lay a very large alligator, keeping an eye on the man preparing to hit his ball. As the guy addressed his ball, my buddy said he and the other two guys were watching, when all of a sudden the guy started to go into what looked like convulsions. They knew right away something was wrong. The guy reached for his heart, then keeled over and fell into the pond with a splash. One of the group called 911, while the other two raced to the stricken man. As soon as the poor guy splashed into the pond, the gator that had been eyeing him from across the way, dove into the water and started making a beeline across the pond, straight for the man, while keeping his big bulging eyes above the surface. The two guys reached the victim in time to get him out of the water and away from the edge before the gator got to him, but according to my buddy, it was way too close for comfort.

By the time the ambulance got there, which was within 10 minutes, the man was, sadly, already dead from the heart attack. :( Well, at least he was able to have an open casket wake thanks to my buddy and his playing partner.

A shank on a par 3 that went through an open window of a jeep and hit the driver in the chest.

One weekend a dude stole a hat and left in an uber, came back next week and was forced to pay for hat or get arrested. He had already payed for his round and said he was so offended he wanted a rain check/refund. We did that and he goes to the starter and shows him the old receipt and starts to try and tee off. Then argument starts and he is given 1 minute to leave or have the cops called. He proceeds to to turn around whip out his dick and pees on the first tee box before walking off.

I’d at least get my ball past the forward tees before whipping it out, 🤣.

You sir are a gentleman for not knocking him TF out right then and there.

this sounds like 1 of the courses in Baltimore City...Clifton Park or Carroll Park....I had a situation several years ago at Carroll Park on the old 2 back holes (Par 4 and Par 3) some kids threw bricks on the green of the Par 3 and were cussing at us lol...

Back