What's the most forgiving club in your bag?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
A while back I bought a set of TaylorMade M-CGB irons for my beginner's golf journey. They are designed for forgiveness and feel good in the hands. I'll see how they play when I start my lessons on Saturday.

Interested to hear what you consider the most forgiving club in your current setup.

Putter.
ZX7 8 iron would probably be it.

My bags aren't really known for their forgiveness, but in terms of result vs. percentage of crap swing/strike it's probably one of my hybrids. G425 I think. It just wants to go, and can be set up to avoid my worst misses.

My SIM2 Max 5h. Thing hits itself.

Ben Hogan GS53 4 wood, things a rocket

I tend to hit my 6 iron better than any other club. Could be a confidence thing.

My 15 year old Callaway 5 wood 😊.

I don’t really have much forgiveness built into my current setup. F8+ Driver maybe? I wouldn’t call it super forgiving but I’ve had some good results from less than center contact. I currently still have an extra Sub70 699 7i in my bag. That club is pretty forgiving. But it requires a entirely different swing than the PTx Pros so it won’t be much longer. Stupid easy to hit but silly to have two different iron swings.

Tried a few things to keep spin down. But I like gear to perform when I perform. If I suck that day I don’t expect (nor is any of it forgiving enough) any of it to give me a free pass. But when I hit a great shot I want some reward.

Any club , that repairs the damage of its relative ,(another golf club)in the previous bad shot , “ l forgive you ball “ hahah.

8I 125 metres or 5h , 155 metres 90 % strike rate . ( also employed as first order emergency under vegetation ball recovery apparatus ) 😂

Probably my F9 driver. It’s got the largest head, face and most counterbalance behind the impact zone.

I suspect that I hit my 5 wood the most consistent though, which might translate into feeling more forgiving.

Mt Forged Tec irons probably. For the profile they are, there is tons more forgiveness in there than anyone would imagine. Have got me out of trouble on a number of dubious strikes and ended up not as far away from the target as they should have been.

My putter

As far as percentage of fairways and greens hit, I’d say my Callaway XR 16 Pro 4 wood. I typically use it on 2-3 tee shots each round on shorter par 4’s and it’s very accurate from 235+ yards out on par 5’s. It set up two eagles last week and an easy two putt par in yesterdays round from 243 yards out.

Driver. I am amazed how far off the sweet spot I can hit that and still have it be in play.

Probably have to say my Epic Flash Heavenwood

My Speedzone 4H is surprisingly good, but most forgiving is probably the B21 driver.

Mavrik Max 3W is my most forgiving club

I like how I hit my 7i. Especially when I hit it flush. Not so flush it's still ok.

Technically, it's probably my driver, but in practice I'd have to say my hybrids. I actively look for excuses to tee off with my 3H.

My set matching J15 50* GW.
If I finish the swing it is automatically going to be a decent shot(for my skill level).

i'd say my driver. callaway epic max. just stupid forgiving.

The club that usually gets me out of trouble and I hit usually very well is my Mizuno JPX-EZ 3 hybrid

Cleveland CBX2 50° wedge. By far the easiest club in my bag to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably my 9-iron. Well, thats the club I hit the best, and when I miss-hit, it is the least off line from my target. Not sure if that really is the "clubs" forgiveness or just that its my most consistent club.

Back