Whats you favorite putter style and .....

Started with blade style , didn’t have much confidence or feel with that shape .

So when 2 ball original was released , had up too 10 goes in golf shops and amazed at how comfortable and confident in feel it was …. Married it , and divorced it 14 years latter for it relative … was a rushed romance hahahahaha
O works black finish ( liked the ability of it not too reflect glare and also contrast too ball ) suffice to say the relationship continues……

Blade. I just like the look of them plus they feel good.

Used a Rossie 2 mid-mallet for a couple decades, then went with an Odyssey #9 for a few years, now using a "fang" style Ping. Feels a bit more stable for me. Still need to put another couple of seasons with it under my belt to get really comfy with it.

Prefer a blade, enjoy a compact players mallet, just struggle with mallets.

For some reason, a high toe blade design fits my eye. But I put weight and balance before design these days.

The oo9 shape from Scotty has been a staple in my bag for years.
It's similar to a Toulon Austin or a BB0 from Betti.

Something about the extra cavity featuring just really suited my eye for a long time.

The oo9 shape from Scotty has been a staple in my bag for years.
It's similar to a Toulon Austin or a BB0 from Betti.

Something about the extra cavity featuring just really suited my eye for a long time.
Its interesting how the eye and mind works, isn't it. This is a shape that you use and has suited you well. Yet when we shot that laser putting video about alignment, it also showed that it might not be the best fit for you.

Its interesting how the eye and mind works, isn't it. This is a shape that you use and has suited you well. Yet when we shot that laser putting video about alignment, it also showed that it might not be the best fit for you.
It helped to explain why I putt the way I do, that's for sure. Starting closed, finishing open. That was a really interesting experience.

It's also why I've got a different head in the bag right now. Chasing different, chasing better.

It helped to explain why I putt the way I do, that's for sure. Starting closed, finishing open. That was a really interesting experience.

It's also why I've got a different head in the bag right now. Chasing different, chasing better.
I like better :D
I also am such a big fan of following data to see how we adjust or even more importantly how we don't have to fight something for success.

I like better :D
I also am such a big fan of following data to see how we adjust or even more importantly how we don't have to fight something for success.
What I would really like to do, is get a shape I'm super comfortable with outside the blade realm, use it for months, and then get back on SAM to see if my numbers change between setup, contact, and consistency. That is REALLY interesting to me.

I was a blade style guy for many years. Then I tried a mallet back around 2007 and have been a mallet user since.
My original Taylormade Ghost Spider from 2011 is still in the bag.

At this point in Time a center shaft mallet is my favorite. Next month……who knows

A wide soled blade putter is my favorite blade shape. For mallets I like the wide shape with flanges on the back for weights.

What I would really like to do, is get a shape I'm super comfortable with outside the blade realm, use it for months, and then get back on SAM to see if my numbers change between setup, contact, and consistency. That is REALLY interesting to me.
Technically we could do that in the THP Tech Studio with the GCQuad. Might be worth a journey thread.

Technically we could do that in the THP Tech Studio with the GCQuad. Might be worth a journey thread.
we really haven't messed with putting at all on there (while I'm at the studio). Interesting.

Double wide is the best of both worlds.

Why,
I have always gravitated to a mallet "style" currently a Spyder, how did you decide, have you tried others lately, blades and go back, tried a mallet and go back to the blade?

Whats your poison?
I still prefer an Anser style. I dabble with mallets from time to time and even go back to my trusty old Bullseye but I find that I always putt best with an Anser.
Lately, I started plaing my Cobra blade putter and its been money.

It's liable to change at any time, but I'm currently very happy I went back in time and bought the Zebra-TearDrop TDZ2.

TDZ2a.PNGTDZ2.jpg

Back