What's your all time favorite Callaway/ Odyssey club?

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Title says it all. What is your favorite all time club from Callaway / Odyssey?

This is tough for me when it's so wide open. I've had several I've really liked, especially putters. I'm going to go with my XHotPros though. Such a solid, and maybe under appreciated release. They have solid forgiveness. The number of grooves helped a player like me increase spin. I've shot my lowest scores with these irons so how can I go with anything else?

BBA 816 DBD driver and the 816 3wood are a tie for best ever clubs I've hit a golf ball with

Easily the XR16. I'm having sooo much fun with this club.

On performance its a tough one, probably Great Big Bertha Driver.
On a special note, they made me a wedge with Duke on it and stamped Duke after we lost our little guy.

Probably my first one - the original Big Bertha. Close second would be the Big Bertha Warbird 3 wood. I gamed that club for a lot of years (with the original Memphis 10 steel shaft).

Toss up between the Odyssey Metal X Milled and the Heavenwood.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you know what the difference it between the XR16 and the XR drivers? Or are they the same driver?

Definitely not. Very different.

On performance its a tough one, probably Great Big Bertha Driver.
On a special note, they made me a wedge with Duke on it and stamped Duke after we lost our little guy.
I remember that wedge. Such a special touch by them to send that to you guys.

Diablo Forged irons.

Gotta go with the Odyssey Metal-X Milled putter line. I own every model, all 9 of them. Also own all 3 (+1) versions of the Mystery Metal-X Milled putters. Love them.

What's your all time favorite Callaway/ Odyssey club?

X2hot 2 Deep

XR 16 driver for me. It's exactly what I've been looking for in a driver.

Another vote for Diablo Forged irons. They're my back up set, with KBS Tour 90's.

GBB 3W and HW

the original X fairway wood, especially the 7W.

Big Bertha Mini 1.5. Allowed me to keep the ball in the fairway and not give up too much distance.

Xr driver wins this.
Heavenwood close 2nd

Both may drop after some time with the apexes

XHot Pro 5 wood. It is money almost every time I pull it out of the bag.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying them.
Canadan and i were in a pga superstore in ATL a long time ago before the tour van stop and i hit them and it was like "Oh My"

I remember that wedge. Such a special touch by them to send that to you guys.

Still means hte world to me. They even did the paint fill in his colors and THP colors.

7y8yty3u.jpg

4a5yheqe.jpg

Razr Fit Xtreme

That said the subzero is getting closer to that spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex Irons, game changers for me.

The set of Big Bertha Gold irons, that I bought new in 1997 for $1100. Still have them.

The Razr Fit Xtreme Fairwoods changed my game. Gave me so much confidence.

Back