What's your favorite arcade (video) game?

1608878657923.jpeg
Off Road

If pinball would be considered in the category I would go with that. My dad, brother and I would play pinball for hours after closing our bar/restaurant when I was a little guy.

Another vote for Galaga

View attachment 8983501
Off Road

If pinball would be considered in the category I would go with that. My dad, brother and I would play pinball for hours after closing our bar/restaurant when I was a little guy.
Off Road was good fun too! It was only around here for a few months though so didn't get to challenge it as much as I'd hoped.

Another vote for pinball though! I think we need to add it as an option! I liked seeing the real ball move as it reacted to the same gravity I was 'feeling'.

Off Road made me think of Night Driver

1608887656760.png

and I'm surprised no one has brought up Asteroids, Tempest or Centipede

Many but Street Fighter was my favorite as a kid.

This was mine and if there was an arcade with a 4 seater or an 8 seater I would beat all comers:

daytona_usa-1200x900.jpg

Ms Pac-Man and donkey Kong were my 2 favorites

Galaga
Ms PAC Man
Street Fighter

View attachment 8983501
Off Road

I play that on my machine all of the timr

Missile command
galaga
bubble hockey USA vs russia
rogo pinball

At the roller rink as a kid, the game were on pallets as they should be. My go to was
F5111FF4-04FE-4179-BB76-C7E305767395.jpeg

20C4E4B0-FEC8-4985-B5EB-519704C4A8D3.jpeg

Defender was my game waaaay back in the day. I played it at an arcade bar a couple of years ago and was totally lost. It took a while to learn how to play that game well. I used to be able to play for quite awhile on a single quarter. Not anymore.

Now Galaga is another one I liked and can still play it pretty well.

Street Fighter 2 was king for me….

1620354949980.png

We had golden axe at our local pizza spot and loved that game. At the arcade it was tough between the Simpson’s and X-men.

I would love a day at an old school arcade, this thread is hitting me with some serious nostalgia.

DBF2E637-26C8-4E27-868B-8CCBC79F243E.png

old school arcade:

TMNT hands down! Cruisin USA close second

Other old school games:

SImpsons
Street Fighter
Battle Toads
Contra
Road rash
Al Unser Jr
Mortal Kombat
Star Tropics
Bubble Bobble
Burger Rush
TMNT non-arcade version

I just bought a Nintendo 64 last week and am currently sourcing all my favorite games:

MarioKart
Goldeneye
Vigilante 8
Star wars shadows of the empire
Mario
Starfox
and more to come!

Back