What's Your Favorite Golf Club Brand Agnostic Golf Bag?

Sun Mountain Sync for the Cart Tek or Jones Original when I carry

I've always been a Sun Mountain guy, but the only strap system I could find that I liked during my search last year was a Vessel. Once i got over the sticker shock and have put a couple of rounds on it, I'm not sure I'll ever go back to anything else.

Just got a Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid Stand Bag and really like it. I posted pictures a few days ago in that reveiw thread.

Utility Trouper 2.0? Tell me more please.

Love it. Have only had it out a few times. Zipper feel nice and heavy duty. Good pocket space with small cooler pocket. Light weight and the straps are very comfortable.

These are our second and third Sun Mountain C-130s. Of them, the 2019 model on the left is my favorite. Great bags!
382d60a547c8acc48121a3f952d2e458.jpg

Well, I have gone from almost all Ping to almost all Taylormade. And it could all be Taylormade soon. One of my favorite Ping products might be my grey Ping Hoofer bag. Yes, I realize I could play all Taylormade stuff and still use the Ping bag, but I don't really want to.

So, what's your favorite bag not made by a golf club OEM? Links or pictures might be nice.
Sun Mountain if I want a stand bag or a Jones or Steurer & Jacoby if I want a pencil bag.

Bag Boy Chiller stand bag.

Well, I have gone from almost all Ping to almost all Taylormade. And it could all be Taylormade soon. One of my favorite Ping products might be my grey Ping Hoofer bag. Yes, I realize I could play all Taylormade stuff and still use the Ping bag, but I don't really want to.

So, what's your favorite bag not made by a golf club OEM? Links or pictures might be nice.
Ogio, sun mountain or spurge for a vessel

Ok, it is with much sadness that I have to state that the Prime Day bag I purchased (Vessel Player's 2.0) is headed back to Amazon. It's a fine piece of work just more of a walker's bag than a hybrid (in my opinion). I am not fond of strictly cart style bags. I am not fond of strictly walking style bags. After all my research, I have concluded that the bag I want does not exist - yet.

All that said, I do like the Sun Mountain C-130S. The only thing I detest about is the 14 way top. I have that now with a Titleist cart bag - and I just don't care for them, I can't really explain why other than I play midsize grips and these just don't seem to exactly play nice with 14 way tops. Maybe the 130S top and/or dividers would be a bit larger and thus problem solved. I will likely not purchase any bag without seeing it first hand at this stage as they are just too costly to ship or return. That was 1 of the reasons that I went with the player's 2.0 from Amazon. I really wanted to like it but in the end it was just a bit too small for my liking, and since the stand (for me) would be used for the occasional (rare) 9 hole or maybe occasional par 3 course (Father's Day Scramble) event, I really only wanted the stand for the parking lot and the driving range. As such, again the 130S seems to meet that requirement. The fact that at first glance it looks more like an old fashioned bag (the big bulge at the top is missing) helps me as well. I don't need/use a range finder (I use a GPS). If I do start using one my pushcart has a webbed section where it would sit nicely (I think).

Anyway - if there are other bags that are 130S'ish - that I have missed - please advise. I still would prefer a 5 or 6 way top - and that could include a putter well or not, these just don't seem to exist.

So to summarize, Vessel makes a great bag, and the materials and build are all really nice, it's just not ideal for me - I still wish it was. the Sun Mountain 130S seems to hit all the boxes of wants/needs minus the 14 way top (which could still be a deal breaker).

What bags have I missed? And I will be take another look at the Bagboy hybrid and cooler models as I discounted them due to their 14 way tops before. Any others?

Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag, but if I walked I'd carry the Ogio Woode hybrid stand bag.

I am a cart guy, so big fan of the Sun Mountain C-130. Love all the pockets and the 14 divider.

Sun Mountain hands down. I've had a couple Four 5's and a Three 5 in the past. Love their line up.

I recently bought the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-Way Stand Bag. I had considered the C130-S, but ended up with this one instead. There is plenty of storage, I'm really pleased with it so far.

only one i can think of that i've owned is the clicgear b3 that i had on my first cart. it was great on the clicgear but not anywhere else. clunky and awkward to carry and never felt totally secure when strapped to a riding cart.

For years I was and still am a big fan of the Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag, but this Ogio 514 cart bag has a lot of plusses as well.

...All that said, I do like the Sun Mountain C-130S. The only thing I detest about is the 14 way top. I have that now with a Titleist cart bag - and I just don't care for them, I can't really explain why other than I play midsize grips and these just don't seem to exactly play nice with 14 way tops. Maybe the 130S top and/or dividers would be a bit larger and thus problem solved...
FWIW, I use the C-130 (not 'S') with a 14-way top. I play oversized grips, and they're no problem in the C-130.

FWIW, I use the C-130 (not 'S') with a 14-way top. I play oversized grips, and they're no problem in the C-130.
Thanks good to hear that!

I have a Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14 way stand bag and its great. I play midsize grips and have no issues.

I'm so in love with my colorblock Stitch that I'd have a hard time expressing it.

Sun Mountain. Have a 2019 C130 that just refuses to quit. When it does kick it, I'll probably just get another one. Maybe a C130S if I can find one. I've also had pretty good luck with Ogio.

Sun Mountain. Have a 2019 C130 that just refuses to quit. When it does kick it, I'll probably just get another one. Maybe a C130S if I can find one. I've also had pretty good luck with Ogio.
I've replaced two C-130s that wouldn't die - one of them I finally just got tired of the color and wanted something new, the other didn't have a putter well big enough for an oversized putter grip. I gave both of them to friends and as far as I know, they're still in play. These bags are built like tanks!

SL-2 bag. Kids got it for me for Christmas. I love it

My Sun Mountain C130 is great for riding a cart. It doesn’t mesh as well as well with my Bag Bay push cart. I would much rather use my stand bag for that.

My Sun Mountain C130 is great for riding a cart. It doesn’t mesh as well as well with my Bag Bay push cart. I would much rather use my stand bag for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the issue here? I use my C-130 on my Clic Gear all the time and it works great. If the stand version doesn't work just as well, it's a no go for me. I can continue having a range bag and a gamer bag.

Back