What's Your Favorite Major

Masters and The Open.

Masters, I’m April born so only natural

Major Payne
But seriously, The Open

The Open - constantly evolving conditions can make for a tougher challenge

After that it would probably be the Masters, but it can get a bit boring watching the same course played every year

The Grandaddy, followed by The Masters.

but it can get a bit boring watching the same course played every year

That is precisely why I have it ranked as #4 of 4. It was really coo the first 30 or so times I watched it but it has definitely lost a lost of luster with me over the past 10 years. Exact same course, quite often the exact same tournament (just the names and faces may change a bit). Everybody talks about how benign The Open course are unless Mother Nature plays a large part. As we have seen, Augusta is pretty darn gettable also for a major championship venue unless some weather intervenes.

It's the Masters, for me. I still enjoy the others, but they're not in the same category as Augusta.

For me all 4 Majors hold equal interest. I am disappointed that that the PGA was moved from August to May, because having an August Major extended my golf viewing season.

I am a fan of the US open. I love the fathers day finale.

Masters....hands down .

The Players

- Joseph William "Jay" Monahan

The Masters without a doubt.

The Masters is at the top of my list mainly because of its tradition and the way the broadcast it is just amazing to me to watch. They always say The Masters doesn’t start until the back nine on Sunday and I love when they do the quick recap of the top of the leaderboard from holes 10-15,16. Pretty neat seeing the changes, don’t know why but that part always stick out to me.

In a very close 2nd is the US Open, it just always seems like a grueling mental challenge year after year. Not that the other majors aren’t that way, it just seems a little more cerebral to me. One thing that’s been standing out more over the years is how Fox is doing it’s coverage. The way they handle a lot of the views and live fly overs around some holes has really impressed me. Not many things are prettier than #7 @ Pebble with the waves crashing in the background and they captured it perfectly to me.

Always the Open - links golf is unbeatable for me, then Masters. PGA & US Open are venue dependent as to 3rd / 4th, and looking back recently, I've probably enjoyed the PGA more often. The US Open has made some odd decisions when trying to make things difficult, and it has often spoiled it for me. Pebble was good this year, but it feels like that's because the course was left to its own devices.

Masters
Open
US
PGA

And there is a big gap between the first 2 and second 2. Nothing beats Augusta in April but I love watching the Open Championship and seeing really cool looking courses and it’s always fun when the weather kicks up

Is the Masters every time. I just love the occasion, the traditions, the course and everything about it.

The Open closely followed by the Masters. Far less interest in the other two but it does vary depending on the courses.

US Open, British Open, then the Masters

US Open, British Open, PGA Championship, Masters.

masters is way way down for me. I know history is what it is and they aren’t the only people to not allow minorities in, but to call the tournament the Masters.... that’s like an over the top thing to me.

again, I know “every” course had racial rules. It’s just they call it the masters!!

The Masters, It will always be the Masters.....

The Open
The Players
The US Open
PGA

The Grandaddy :)

Back