• Pizza

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Fish & Chips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify in your post)

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My road trips are often planned around the food options the roads traveled will present! Some require a timed stop to partake in a specific cuisine other stops are just convenience and back on the road.

Taco Bell and In-N-Out. Done.

I love subs and I’ve been super into Firehouse lately.

runza is my go to fast food or fast food in general.

It really depends on where I'm 'on the road'. Burgers are usually fairly common, but I also enjoy pizza at home.

I would get a sub. Probably Turkey / RB or some combo

Okay back at it folks, by the way feel free to disagree with me if you’d like I’d love to hear if i was wrong at all so far.

we left off with the F restaurants. Let’s meet the contenders. We have a pretty solid list here folks.

1.Fazolis
2.Firehouse Subs
3. Five Guys
4.Frich’s Big Boy
pretty tough list if I do say so myself. First off let’s go with Big Boy. All the nostalgia. Solid burgers, and fries. Diner feel. However the one that’s close to me is just not very good. Out.

Next, Firehouse subs. I really like firehouse subs. I think everyone has been on a run before where they get firehouse like 6 times in a month. I think it’s absolutely better than subway but just under Jersey Mikes for me. Out.

This is where it gets tricky. Five Guys is absolutely awesome. The burgers are delicious, the fries are delicious and they give you a million of them. I go with Cajun all day. Also solid milkshakes. Fazolis, I think is also great. I would personally rather go to Fazolis than Olive Garden for dinner when you compare the prices. You can also eat your weight in bottomless bread.

Sometimes Fazolis can be crusty depending on who’s working so I’ll give it to five guys based on consistency.

Moving straight into G there aren’t really any fast food joints. Golden Corral is solid if it’s family owned. Giordanos in Chicago is awesome.

However there is a chain pizza place in Indiana called Greeks Pizza. Very good and my go to for 2nd tier quality pizza!

Pizza squares from Jets Pizza.
Is there such a thing as sitting down in a restaurant and eating?

I would say burger and fries. My wife would say Chipotle. I'd say my wife is wrong. We end up at Chipotle.

my wife was out running errands today. She returned with lunch for both of us.
She had Chipotle, and brought me Wendy’s. Then I shared my earlier comment and we had a laugh.

If I'm on the road and need to keep driving or something, I would go burgers and fries. But if I'm picking something up to bring home because we are being lazy, Panda Express wins out quite a bit in our house.

I have to be specific and say Chick-fil-A. Always good service and good food as well as clean restrooms. Plus I know that they have Coke Zero so I can get my fix.

Okay let’s rattle some off here. On the letter H

Hardees pretty much owns this category for me, not a lot of other options there.

The letter I

another letter that doesn’t have a lot of options.

consensus here is IHOP

*Correction: I do not have in and out burger available to me, and is clearly the best option*

Last edited:
Chicken sandwich. Chick-fil-A or PDQ. But, often it is Wendy's as they are usually near the exit off a highway.

The letter J

not a lot of options here also, but 3 common ones I can think of

1.Jimmy Johns
2. Jersey Mikes
3. Jack in the box

honorable mention: Johnny Rockets (not fast food)

I hate jack in the box. The tacos are gross and I’d rather get McDonald’s that’s also open all night. Jimmy Johns is very good. I like their subs in a pinch. However this is no contest for me as Jersey mikes is one, if not the best sub chain restaurant.

K

although Krispy Kreme is good KFC is the clear choice here. I like a lil KFC every few months or so.

Back