What's your golf goals when playing with your regular group?

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Obviously you want to have a good time, play well and maybe grab a drink on a patio afterward.

I'm curious about how you approach your game when playing with your regular group of guys - for me, I want to play to the best of my ability, but I also want to make sure that I'm the longest drive off of every tee, closest to the pin on par 3s and shoot the lowest score of the group. Other than those three things I'm just out for a relaxing round of golf:sick:

And based on the guys I golf with regularly, target A and C can usually be met. Sometimes a guy will get me off the tee if I don't hit a great drive, in which case I'll ask for a plastic knife so I can stab myself:D Usually what tends to happen is I might catch a downhill lie off the first bounce in which I roll out considerably farther, at which point I really hear about it.

What about you? Is there some metric you take particular pleasure in achieving when playing with your group?

I don't owe anyone money.

No three-putts, no double bogies, win a little bit of money

I’m a shot by shot golfer. I wanna hit some bombs, make some putts, and stick some irons. Scoring well is a cherry on top, but it’s the shots we remember after the round that make it memorable.

Opening my wallet to add some of their money beats the alternative.

Win!

I’m a shot by shot golfer. I wanna hit some bombs, make some putts, and stick some irons. Scoring well is a cherry on top, but it’s the shots we remember after the round that make it memorable.

this is me 100%! Seeing a near perfect trajectory shot or a putt go down where my line on the ball does not wobble is what golf is about to me. Having my friends with me make an obscene comment when it happens is just priceless.

Definitely lowest score and trying to hit the fairway consistently. Hit the green on par 3's so I can say "sure feels nice to take your glove off on the tee box eh?". Other than that, buy a round from the drink cart and offer up a cigar to anyone who's in the group if we're playing 18.

Birdies, more birdies, Closest to the pins, and sandies. Generally I don't have too much of a shot at winning any nets unless I shoot even or better so I play aggressively. I will also play some punch shot out of trees intentionally into bunkers to go for sandies if I don't have a shot of putting it close to go for a birdie. It really doesn't reward steady good golf at all. One guy once shot an even or 1 over with no all pars and no birdies and was one of the biggest losers that day.

I only really care about score with one of them. I always want to beat him because he picks up ridiculous distance putts that he's missed many times. I want to be able to beat him when he does that kind of stuff. Doesn't happen often but it feels good when it does. Everyone else though, goal is to just have fun

I just don't want to suck - and it's nice to win some money from them in our 5-point Scotch game. But in all seriousness - I just want to play my quiet game and be competitive.

I just wanna hold my own and not be the guy who forgot to show up that day.

Want to show up and play well. We always do $10 closest to the pin on par 3’s so want to make sure I’m walking away paid.

There is a game of some sort going on during all rounds. WOLF / 6/6/6 or others that occur just through the nature of scoring. I WANT TO WIN!

My regular group has very diverse handicaps, i regularly play with a 3 index, a 10 index and a 15. So i'm really just looking to have fun and play my best. I save the competitive stuff for tourneys and qualifiers

Have a great time. Win whatever match we have. Shoot as low a score as possible.

I don't have a regular group but I've played with some folks a few times... My only goal is to hit the ball reasonably well and have fun.

Win. If it’s my league I wanted to have longest drive, closest to the pin, lowest score, least amount of putts. If it’s picking up tees off the tee box I want to pick up more. I’m not blankly an Richard about it or say anything about it but it’s sort of a drive thing with me keeps me in a foot on throat mentality. If it’s a casual round I couldn’t care less I’m in it for the company and the ability to share the game I love with others.

I want to break 90. That's the magic number for me because if I break 90 I know I was pretty solid all around, and will likely have had some really great holes along the way.

I just want to play well while enjoying time with buddies. Sometimes we'll do a closest to the pin challenge for a beverage, but our rounds are kept pretty light on purpose. It's our opportunity to get together and destress from everything!

Beat them! :LOL:

Back