What's your hat preference?

• Total voters

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of choices out there for a good hat. I used to be a fan of the fitted hat, mostly because I like to wear them backwards but lately I have been purchasing lots of adjustable hats, specifically snapbacks. Whats your preference?

My big dome limits my selection mostly to L/XL flexfit hats, but I actually prefer them anyway, especially with some type of mesh back panels but tight mesh like Travis Mathew B-Bahamas hats.

Many adjustable hats looks like trash once I take out enough slack to make them fit. One snapback that surprised me thankfully was the Odyssey one that Sean Toulon gave us at the Grandaddy. Oh and the UST Mamiya velcro adjustable hats that I got 3 years ago from Danny and Lindsay are better than most other adjustables.

Last edited:
Snapback right now. I've got a bunch between Puma, adidas, and now Travis Matthew.

I hate fitted hats. Mostly because I have a really dumbly shaped head and they rarely fit well.

Fitted
Snapback
Adjustable
Velcro

In that order

Fitted.

I like adjustable, but will wear a fitted on occasion.

Snapback. I like the look of fitted, but I have two problems wearing them; 1) I have a fairly big noggin, so it's not easy finding a fitted that actually fits, and 2) I have long hair, and ponytails work best sticking out of the hole in an adjustable hat. Velcro fits the best, but my hair gets caught in it.

Fitted for sure.

Fitted. Flexfit to be exact.

I’m usually only fitted. But the new Travis Matthew SnapBack is very comfortable.

I have a big head (just ask my wife) and can not find one that fits well. Either too tight or too loose so I need one that I can adjust.

Snapbacks. P caps lately been adding up. They fit perfectly. Also a few fitted Nikes on my collection

Fitted hats are my preference. Mainly Travis Mathew and Titleist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I used to only wear fitted (flexfit) hats, but have since switched my preference to the Puma snapbacks as they incorporate flexfit tech (unlike other snapbacks I own) and they fit my large head very well.

visor

I'm personally an adjustable strap back kinda guy.

I was reading about wide brim hats just so I'd get more sun protection and came across the aussie soaker hats.

Anybody tried one of those?

New Era 39Thirty are the very best, fitted & stretchy.

Adjustable
Velcro
Fitted
No snapback

Fitted does not work well on me. Also, will not wear the mesh/trucker style and do not like structured caps. Prefer a "hat" over a "cap" anyway to protect my ears from the sun.

Last edited:
I have owned a ton of hats in my years, and the ones I wear 90% of the time are fitted. Even with a massive head, fitted is my go to.

adjustable or snapback

100 % snapback for me. Preferably with a little flex built in, but not required.

Fitted hats, especially for golf, tend to be flex fits, which regularly stretch out. I hate that.

On my head.

...that was the question, wasn't it?

Back