What's Your Highest Wedge Loft?

56°

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm many interesting positions in here. I might keep the 60 in the bag a little longer and try to dial it in more.

Hmm many interesting positions in here. I might keep the 60 in the bag a little longer and try to dial it in more.

Unsolicited advice: I use a Phil M or James Sieckman technique, depending on the situation. See youtube if you want to give it a go. I use the bounce. If the leading edge digs, cup your wrists a little on the way back to get some bounce and glide. Use your body instead of arms. Stand tall, all weight on front foot, narrow stance. Don't be in a hurry and strike it like a match in the downswing, but don't overdo it. Tempo. Have worked on it for last 6 months. Working.

Last edited:
60*. It usually causes me issues when I attempt to use it around the green so it will likely be coming out of the bag soon. Seriously considering CBX2 at 50* 54* and then a Smart Sole at 58*

I have 2 72° wedges. They're ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome.

60* Hi Toe. Only use when It's absolutely needed, never a full swing club. I could get rid of it if I switched my 52* to a 54* but I don't need another club so there is no need to.

At one point I messed around with a 64, but now I just go 50/54/58 and it works for me

56* sand wedge.

56 degree. Bomb Tech sent me a 72. Harder than hell to hit it.

58°. I've had brilliant rounds with my 60°, but don't practice and in tough conditions the 60° becomes more of a liability then an asset. I like and try too many lobs and found myself short sided way too often with the 60° last winter. The 58° forces me play smarter; I may be a bit long, but I am on the green.

Another big thing; no more multiple choice questions with the 50°, 56° & 60°. I've only have a 53° & 58° to choose from.

While I have a 60, it currently sits in the corner. My highest loft is a 56 bent 2 degrees weak to 58.

I have a 52, 56, 60. The 60 is in the bag depending on the course and the situation. I use the 60 to trade out with a 3 Wood when needed.

I've played both 58 and 60 and find the 58 more versatile and useful. You may surrender some spin depending on your technique.

I carry a 48/52/60. Only use the 60 around the greens and not very well.

I have three wedges 48, 52 and 56 degree and use them all the time. Just today I had approach shots of 66, 60, 50, 47, 40 and 37 yards. I had chips under several conditions inside of 100 feet. If I didn't have these clubs in my bag my scrambling percentage would suffer and so would my scores. But it's not just the loft, it's also the bounce and grind you have on these clubs that will dictate how much you can do with them.

Notice in all the above I didn't even mention green side bunker, full or 3/4 swing situations.

For most of us the best potential for lowering our scores is to develop our short game with our wedges.

Last edited:
58 is mu highest as well, md4 x grind mostly used out of the greenside bunkers.. my gapping is pretty well set with my 50 54 58

Well, I used my 60 about 4 times during my round today. Two shots that needed to go up and over a green side bunker - the club (and me?) performed valiantly and did the trick. Third shot was about 10yds off the green in the rough, to which I proceeded to skull it way past the green. The fourth was about a 40yd shot which I hit fat and went about 15yds.

So, 2/4 shots worked well. I'm just so inconsistent with this club...it's so frustrating.

60 or 62, depending on where I'm playing.

I use a 60 and always have done, feel completely comfortable with it. Unless I find myself in real trouble I never have to open it up too much and covers everything from 20 years over bunkers to about 75-80 with a 3/4 swing. Never hit it full unless I'm trapped and have to get over something quickly.

I have a 60 in the bag for a few select shots, maybe 1-2 a round. The 56 on the other hand usually gets at least 15 shots per round.

Back